DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Temple of Damnation

ZuTheSkunk

I would like to create an Oblivion version of

Same as here, I would like to give him a mysterious, dreadful atmosphere - so piece and quiet around you, and still you're frightened to your very bones, since there are endless abyss below your foots and the only piece of barricade between that abyss and you are very thin, black blocks that disappears behind you when you're walking on them.

Now with this idea comes a bit of things that I hope you can help me:

- Do you know where I can find such columns like on this video? I'm asking only about shape, texture can be recolored, I guess.

- Do you have any suggestions about what I can use as a substitute of such abyss? Something instead of just big, black nothing on the bottom of the location.

- I would like to give this place a specific music, that makes you still keep on the alert and fits the place of total quiet and peace, something

Do you know where I can find something like that for free and how to make such custom music to overwrite generic Oblivion one for the time of exploring the location?

- I would like to force the mentioned blocks into making a custom footsteps sound while walking on them. How to do this?

That's all from my questions, I think. I will appreciate any other suggestions you can give me. :)

-There's a lot of pretty good resources out there now, I'd start by browsing Here. Nexus of course is another good source.

-A sea of lava might be pretty cool, and easy to achieve.

-You can override the vanilla music with your own using StreamMusic via a script, say on a triggerzone where the player first enters.

-Don't know of anyway to do this myself, it's controlled by the Havok setting on the object and I think you're stuck with the available choices.

Good luck.

WT

-There's a lot of pretty good resources out there now, I'd start by browsing Here. Nexus of course is another good source.

When I've checked out the resources, then I've noticed that the Anima Cirodiili Tileset would be just what I need. Thank you. :D

-A sea of lava might be pretty cool, and easy to achieve.

I would like to use something more abyss-like, plus - usually there is a visible error that the water is square-like (has borders) when looking from high. Although I've thought about using pale version of those glowing, levitating crystals that can be found during the quest Through A Nightmare, Darkly. What do you think?

-Don't know of anyway to do this myself, it's controlled by the Havok setting on the object and I think you're stuck with the available choices.

That's what I've thought, although I hoped that there is some solution. :D

Thank you for help so far. :)

Zu,how about for the abyss, use a vanilla dungeon/cave trench and fill the bottom with heavy mist/fog to hide the fact that there`s a bottom and maybe add a wind type sound if you can find one with a kind of echoing quality...?

For the blocks,one thing yu can do is import a copy of the .nif into blender and change the "material"value to wood/metal/etc. then when reexporting choose static>wood/metal/whatever is offered.This gives the sound of that material when struck,walked upon,dropped,etc.Still the options are pretty limited this way.

Just a few thoughts,good luck and I`ll be interested to see what you come up with.

I would like to use something more abyss-like, plus - usually there is a visible error that the water is square-like (has borders) when looking from high. Although I've thought about using pale version of those glowing, levitating crystals that can be found during the quest Through A Nightmare, Darkly. What do you think?

Yeah, those would look good. Especially if you combined it with Don's idea and had them floating at the top of a layer of fog. :smarty: Adding a flickering light below the fog might add to the atmosphere.

WT

• 7 months later...

Sorry for a little bit of topic necromancy, but since I actually started working on it (previously I didn't have enough knowledge and ideas to do it properly, so I left this idea behind) and made a little bit of progress, I think I need to tell what I've got so far.

First, the whole maze have turned into one general room with doors to the proper levels, each one being unlocked after beating previous one. Basically, I intended to create 8 levels. And I have ideas for 3 of them:

- Regular labyrinth, but in unusual shape: seven floors of platforms, each one in 5x3 arrangement, and levitating blocks between them.

- Endless Eight. Beat the set of things in a labyrinth, only to learn that you have been brought back to the beginning and must start over and over and over, unless you can find the correct way of doing things!

- You have a bunch of creatures around the maze that respawn themselves soon after death, and some specific platforms capable of catching them... however, these platforms react to others, and catching a creature can unleash the one already caught. Try to find the proper way of catching them... or killing.

Perhaps you have the ideas for the remaining 5 levels?

About the abyss mentioned on the top, I decided to create it by placing fog/mist a bit below the lowest part of the level, and adding a HUGE mesh with texture of outer space far below everything. Works like a charm. :)

Also, it came to my idea while working on the first level that I can add achievements for doing certain tasks. The images for them could be based on the Vault Boy from Fallouts, but with Sheogorath as a main character (so it could be Vault Boy-styled Sheogorath). I think I'm going to make a separate request topic for that once I'll be far enough in creating this mod.

Any suggestions and ideas?

hey zu, a few things I know might help you out, regarding sound....

Firstly, if you wan't wind sounds, I can deffinatly send you a couple of good .wav files! You'll need to convert them to .mp3 I think but other than that easy as pie. Message me if you want them :)

About using your own tracks- from what I've heard, streammusic is NOTNOTNOT the way to go!!! (see page) It has a habbit of being very clunky, will break in dungeon cells, and if you have any kind of combat... complex scripts, ahoy! An alternative would be using the mod/resource Better Music System. Tutorial on using BMS in custom cells

As for the track you would like to use, I am currently working on quite a mysterious ( :thumbup:) track for my own mod, and I would have no problems with sending you a link for you to use it in yours when it's finished, if you'd be interested- though I don't know how long that would be. Alternatively, if you search around on the Nexus there are a suprising amount of Dungeon tracks available for use. Finally, search around on youtube for "dark ambient" tracks, many of which are made by the uploaders and you can ask permission. This wasn't made by the uploader, but thats basicly what dark ambient is like...

Hope I have helped somewhat and good luck!

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D:D

Firstly, if you wan't wind sounds, I can deffinatly send you a couple of good .wav files! You'll need to convert them to .mp3 I think but other than that easy as pie. Message me if you want them :)

I'll definitely do. :)

About using your own tracks- from what I've heard, streammusic is NOTNOTNOT the way to go!!!

I do believe it's true, I have read that page previously...

As for the track you would like to use, I am currently working on quite a mysterious ( :thumbup:) track for my own mod, and I would have no problems with sending you a link for you to use it in yours when it's finished, if you'd be interested- though I don't know how long that would be. Alternatively, if you search around on the Nexus there are a suprising amount of Dungeon tracks available for use. Finally, search around on youtube for "dark ambient" tracks, many of which are made by the uploaders and you can ask permission. This wasn't made by the uploader, but thats basicly what dark ambient is like...

I'm definitely going to check various dark ambients, as well the one you're working on. :) Thank you for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely going to check various dark ambients, as well the one you're working on. :) Thank you for the suggestion.

FYI:

Zu, you probably found some dark ambient already, but if you haven't heard New Risen Throne before, check them out

The only problem I see here is if you use the music without permission, you may be in violation of copyright laws..

The only problem I see here is if you use the music without permission, you may be in violation of copyright laws..

And this basically nukes the possibility of using it, unless it's non-commercial and authors can be asked for permission via mail.

This dark ambient is excellent of course, but a bit too... um... dark? Too horror-like. The dark ambient I would like to use must be more peaceful, more towards the feeling of being alone in the endless silence. But thank you for suggestion.