DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Falling Floor

JulianSull

I want to create this scene:

1) Player and companion enter a giant room (HUGE). This room is sort of like the second floor of the Imperial City tower, only there are no gates keeping you from falling, it's a cave and it's at least four times as wide. The drop is about the same. The bottom floor has two enemies in it. One is a giant beast and the other is a mage that is healing it.

2) The Companion shoots a shot down and kills the mage from the top floor

3) The Big beast shakes the ground and causes the rocks the player is standing on to crumble, causing the player to fall to the bottom floor.

The rest is easy. There are three things I can't figure out how to do.

1) How do I make a companion shoot a specific object, especially if that object is very very far away?

2) How do I make the floor crumble beneath the player?

3) How do I make the drop not kill the player but also force the player to fall to the bottom regardless of athletics?

1. Shoot what? An arrow? A spell?

You can use the Cast command for a spell be cast at a target.

You could also 'fake' the attack by forcing an attack animation to play on the NPC and then using the Kill command on the mage.

2. You would need special 'havoc' enabled blocks, which might fall on its own. Or you would need a special animation created on a special NIF.

You might be able to have a collision zone over and under a bunch of havoc blocks. Then remove the collision zones to make the player fall into the blocks, and the block would then fall.

3. The player can fall any distance without taking damage if you keep using the command ResetFallDamageTimer on the player.

1. Shoot what? An arrow? A spell?

You can use the Cast command for a spell be cast at a target.

You could also 'fake' the attack by forcing an attack animation to play on the NPC and then using the Kill command on the mage.

It was an arrow. In that case, with the animation trick, could I have it face towards a specific object? I think even if I just have the animation shoot towards an X marker it would work fine, I just need to be able to shoot at something that is down.

EDIT: Thanks for the help btw, those are perfect. I like the invisible case idea.

Edited by JulianSull

You could have an AI package 'travel' to an XMarkerHeading object. The NPC, once there, will face the direction the XMarkerHeading is facing.

You have seen the archers shooting the 'targets'? (Arena, In SI with the guy who likes bones) You can set it up the same way.