DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Having Trouble With A Shader...

The Vyper

I've gotten a bit tired of the purple/pink cloud used for Detect Life, so I'm trying to make a replacement shader. What I want it to do is cover the entire body (like the 'Ghost' effect). Using the 'Ghost' effect as a base, I've gotten it to cover the body without a cloud (which is what I want), but now I've run into two problems that I don't know how to solve:

1. The detected Actors are semi-transparent, which I don't want.

2. If an actor casts an 'on self' spell (of any kind) while detected, my new Detect Life shader ceases to play until the actor's spell wears off. This makes "Detect Life" rather pointless against enemies who cast Chameleon or Invisibility.

My current shader settings are here.

What do I need to change in order to A} remove the transparency effect from detected actors and B} make my shader continue to play on an actor even when another shader is applied to them?

• 2 weeks later...

don't use a FILL , use an EDGE effect. If you want to use FILL, then at least change your alpha settings...

and when the NPC casts something it will override your texture fill with the cast's own, so use a Particle Shader that lingers for the time you want it to. There you go, that should solve your A and B problems.

Edited by weijiesen

don't use a FILL , use an EDGE effect. If you want to use FILL, then at least change your alpha settings...

and when the NPC casts something it will override your texture fill with the cast's own, so use a Particle Shader that lingers for the time you want it to. There you go, that should solve your A and B problems.

That does solve the problem of having the shader play, but requires it to be a Particle shader. Is there a way to make a membrane shader that will play on top of (or override) other membrane shaders?