DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Dungeon elements not snapping into place

GothGirlDanielle

I'm working with the Imperial Fort dungeon set (the RF.... series). For awhile now, I've noticed that not all the pieces snap into place like they should. In particular, the RFRmCornerDoors (small doors in the corner of rooms) don't fit nicely with the narrow hallway elements - and, in fact, don't really fit cleanly with any of the elements. Also, I tried to swap out a wall in one of the Pale Pass Dungeons and when I tried placing a new element, it was just a bit off, not snapping into place cleanly.

If it's just one or two pieces, I can place them by hand (toggling off the grid and angle buttons). But if it's the entire wing of a dungeon ...

This little problem has already lead to design changes in my dungeons - which I dislike. I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong? If I look at the Bethesda dungeons, they seem to make them work, but are they placing each piece by hand?

Any help would be really appreciated.

~ Dani ~ :yes:

sometimes i have that issue too... I've set the snap grid size from 64 to 32.. and at times down to 2, just to get pieces to fit properly.

When i place anything out, I use only 32 now, and for fine placement, 16 or 8 even 4

ever since i got away from 64 things went together better and actually faster.

Edited by DsoS

When dungeon building, be sure to set the first piece to the 0 mark by double clicking on it and setting all 6 coordinate setting to 0. I have my snap to grid set at 16, that works really well with the RF kits. Once at 0, all your pieces can build off of there cleanly. The RFRnCorner doors do match up on grid with the other pieces, but the proper alignment may not be how you expect, The floor edge of the narrow hall will not meet the floor edge of the Room. Instead, move the hall to where it presses flush against the door frame leaving no cracks and so the door frame is centered in the hall. You will see a gap from the sides between the floor, but the floor of the doorway itself traverses that gap. :yes:

I've attached a pic of the proper alignment for those pieces, if you have a different issue, let me know. They do fit together. :)

post-3-066493700 1284232700_thumb.png

Thank you all. I did not know we could adjust the grid and settings but now I do. Thank you.

@ DarkRider: Your picture does not look like mine. :yes: So I've been trying to set my dungeon levels consistent with the parent dungeon and Bethesda levels (so a lower dungeon would be 200 "feet" below), becasue I was afraid the "depth" of the dungeon would somehow effect the in game map. But starting at 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 would be much easier. :) So depth levels have no effect?

What about the North marker? How critical is that to get perfect?

~ Dani ~

Edited by GothGirlDanielle

The depth level has absolutely no effect. The interior and exterior do not relate in that fashion. Setting it at the 0 mark is best, most of the vanilla cells were done this way. :yes:

The northmarker does not have to be perfect, just close. The easiest way to set it right is to set the marker in front of the door, then with the marker highlighted, tap the c key to center the camera on the marker. The C key centers facing North, so once it centers you are facing North and can just rotate the marker to face that direction. :)

The depth level has absolutely no effect. The interior and exterior do not relate in that fashion. Setting it at the 0 mark is best, most of the vanilla cells were done this way. :yes:

The northmarker does not have to be perfect, just close. The easiest way to set it right is to set the marker in front of the door, then with the marker highlighted, tap the c key to center the camera on the marker. The C key centers facing North, so once it centers you are facing North and can just rotate the marker to face that direction. :)

Sweet .... My life just got a little easier.

Thank you .

~ Dani ~