DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Official TESA TESV Speculation and Info Thread

Witty

No hardware requirements yet. I'd suspect they won't be too much more demanding than Oblivion or the Fallout games since Skyrim still has to run on an Xbox 360. All depends on whether we get a PC version with enhanced capabilities. DX11 would be wonderful.

The one screenshot I really liked out of the GI article hasn't been posted online yet. Outdoor village shot with more NPCs and boatloads of shadows and other details. Of course, I'm pretty partial to villages :)

Holy damn, those look good. Where did you find them? I only saw the ones on OXM and GI.

It looks more and more like Bethesda are about to outdo themselves. Oblivion was a beast in 2006 when it came out and I'm pretty sure this will be too when it comes out.

Edited by elParedon

Ooooh nice :D, I see they're using more modeling/texturing techniques to boots the visual quality :D

You couldn't expect less from them. Same happened with Oblivion and Morrowind, to a lesser extend.

Also, could those be draugrs on the second picture? Because they remind me of them.

I love the look of the mace, here is hoping that there is more variation in weapons of similar type for this one.

As I spoke with Who on msn yesterday, I voiced my concern about finding hundreds of people in identical iron armor like in Oblivion, I had a personal solution, create 4 sets that would randomly be used to "create" a look for an NPC however I dont think we will see that.

• 1 month later...

For those who haven't seen it yet, or missed Witty's update here on the forums, IGN has posted an interview with Todd Hoawrd about Skyrim. You can find it here. Just go ahead and read it; it's entertaining. There are also a few new screenshots.

I'm not sure animations will follow suit since they're going to be using Havok Behavior for the animation system. Certainly being able to use nifs will be a big help, although it's easily possible to make some really nice mods without custom models too :P

I was just reading a plot synopsis for The Infernal City (I read the book a while back but couldn't quite remember or understand what happened at the end) and I noticed an interesting point. I believe that the book hints that Umbra will appear in Skyrim.

The Infernal City Spoilers ensue:

When Sul and Attebus reach the ruins of Vivec, the soul of Ilzheven tells Sul that Umbra was taken by a dunmer "North, towards the Sea of Ghosts". The Sea of Ghosts, if my Tamrielic geography is correct, has shores in Morrowind and Skyrim, so if one intended to go from Vvardenfell to Skyrim, one would sail across it. Now, obviously "towards the Sea of Ghosts" doesn't necessarily mean the Sea of Ghosts was the destination, but there is another clue- "The bearer wore a signet ring with a draugr on it", which obviously doesn't prove anything, but does bring Skyrim to mind.

I don't know, food for thought. The sword appeared in both Morrowind and Oblivion, so I don't see why it shouldn't appear in Skyrim. I mean sure, there's 200 years between, but Umbra is not the sort of thing that just vanishes, no matter how long it's around.