DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Halloween Challenge 2010: Darkness Hollows

DarkRider

I had some questions about the castle itself. Why is it here? How did the player get there? What exactly is it? Who is the owner? Where is it?

Also, where are all of our levels? Ground floor? Higher up? Dungeon?

The connective theme between all TESA Halloween mods is that a strange artist with a penchant for horrid things has left these paintings around Cyrodiil of places lost to time and space where terrible things have happened and continue to happen. The paintings act as teleports to these other worlds. So, for this year's project, the player will come across a painting that will teleport them to a forested world, and specifically, in a tree shrouded vale called Darkness Hollows. Settled against the cliffs of the vale, overlooking the lowlands where the player arrives sits Castle Thatchmoon. It was once a place of spectacular beauty, that is until it's master went completely mad and the good people in his realm started disappearing. I can't reveal the whole tale as much is revealed in the playing, but that should answer your questions. :) (See my reply to manta for more on where your levels are :D)

Like last year I contribute in another way though, so I still feel involved! :D

Yes you did and I am most grateful XD

A sinister hunhback named Igor? :lol:

Maybe. :D

Is there a particular direction our cells should be going? In the Oubliette the player made their way downwards, will that be the case in Darkness Hollows? Another point regarding the Oubliette: do we have some sort of excuse for any dimensionally improbable areas, or should they all more or less fit into a castle?

The entries sit in all sorts of locations, the first is just inside the main door. Gradually the player will be working their way up this time to the grand hall. However, there is dark magic seizing a hold on Castle Thatchmoon and it's as if the castle doesn't want the player to get to the grand hall so the levels you create may be completely creative, you can use any combination of kits, Castles, forts, caves, etc. You just have to start and end with an interior castle door entry so I can move players between levels. You can go up, down, sideways, dungeons, crypts, castle halls, whatever suits your fancy, the story covers any strangeness just like last year. :yes: Remember your goal is best scare, but do create enough movement in your level that the player feels they are going somewhere in the castle and not just across a room and out. :)

mmmhhhh... Nice, but will there be anything that a dungeonpart should have??

What? :huh:

Challengers Note: Gotten a few PMs and posts now asking stuff that is already listed in the OP here gang. Please read the OP carefully. The rules and the guidelines for challengers have some very specific and important notes so read it, read it again, and make yourself some post-it notes if you must, then read it one more time. It's important that you don't hold up the final release due to basic errors cause by not reading the outline! :pints:

well I can help people with scripts but only within these bounds :

just stick to saying "Your trouble is on Line 8" or link them to a wiki page that will explain something further. You just can't rewrite scripts, that's too much help.
Edited by Dane

DarkRider just allowed me to help with scripting, just PM me when you need any scripting help (just no newly made scritps)

(DarkRiders post at BGS) You can offer scripting advice to challengers who have questions

, but they can't give you details on their entires and you can't do the script work for them.  

Edited by Dane