DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Guild Wars Chat Thread

Vouivre

So we're not flooding the shouty. Lets talk about all experiences we've had with guild wars, the good and the bad. And yes even screen shots.

Edit: thought I'd add a couple screenies...

Libitina Dullahan My necromancer

Freya Borealis My beloved ranger Freya. She's gone through a lot. UW, Tombs of the primeval kings, FOW, pretty much all campaigns(in various incarnations of her) Been hard to recreate her in Oblivion, But I'm getting closer

Edited by Vouivre

I have more, just no screenies yet. (can't see the concept art you linked, need to sign up)

Guild wars 2 comes out in less than a month, there is your best time to play. things are slowly winding down here... I wish I could get some more elite armors.. >.< Oh well I'll manage one way or another.

My Life Story of Guild Wars:

• Begin Guild Wars Playing
  • Play as a Necromancer
  • Give Necromancer a bow and arrow
  • Think of self as a pro
  • Start a warrior
  • Give Warrior Mark of Protection and other tank skills
  • Play PvP
  • Buy Guild Wars Factions
  • Play Assassins
  • Fall in love
  • Use Mark of Proection and Protective Spirit on Assassin
  • Join a high rank GvG guild and play as an infuse monk
  • Win against a blood spike without even knowing what it is
  • Get to rank 200 with an amazingly tight guild
  • Disband
  • Start own assassin guild
  • Find Req 8 Enamalded Shield of Fortitude armor 16
  • Make 5 million dollars
  • Spend 4.9 mill on armors and pimping assassin and monk characters
  • Change Monk and Eles name to something cooler
  • Keep the name: The Gates Assassin
  • Disban Assassin Guild
  • Play every so often and reconnect with old guild mates
  • Start making own games
  • The end
  • ???
  • Profit

I played GW for the first two weeks when it first came out, but got bored with it quickly. I was playing a sandbox MMO called Dark Ages of Camelot back then so the instances experience really got on my nerves. It felt more like a multiplayer game rather than an MMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing how GW2 will deal with the sandbox feel they are claiming that they'll have.

BTW, I always wanted to try out the Assassin class when that came out, but never did. How was it?

Sin's get a lot of hate, but when you play them right, you can pretty much kill anything. Warriors depending on the build can go down in less than 3-5 seconds. Especially if certain skills crit. One build I've used adds deepwound(-20% of max health), bleeding(3 health degen) and poison(4 health degen) + decent damage, which could be continued on, to open the skill chain just need a hex, necro's parasite spell worked well. The warrior was dead quick, of course the key was mobius strike, when it hits all your skills are instantly recharged... making you go for literally an infinite skillchain. I'm tempted to go reinvest in the build on my survivor sin and take her all over... get a bonding monk a healing one and just goto town

The idea behind a good assassin build is that it's offense is its defense because normally if it is any other way, the offense suffers way too much for it to be as effective as other classes. Now, that concept is impossible to understand for some people, which is why so many people (usually newbies) think that the assassin class is weak. What I believe it is is very specialized. For the high end PvP things like GvG, it's not used as much any more because it isn't as versatile. Sure it can kill, but warriors and KD on command, spike, pressure, survive and do other things. Granted it can't always kill as effectively solo, but it definitely has other things that it can do which help it in GvG, and frankly in HA as well. Another reason sins don't work so well there is because the loss of one player isn't as big of a deal. "Hi 6 people are going to try to res this guy. You have two interrupts. Good luck mate =D)" However, in Codex Arena and Random Arenas, Assassins gain much more power because "Hi, three people, one probably already under attack by the assassin are going to try to res one person. You have 6 seconds and two interrupts. Good luck mate =))" Is much more plausible. The reason people in PvE think they are bad is because they think assassin's are this one trick pony that can only kill one at a time. If that were true, yes, it would stink to be an assassin in PvE because ONE guy dying when there are 30 of them and you are in the frontline or backline of their team with only 70 armor and probably no protection is not exactly ideal. However assassins have different shadow arts skills like Shadow Form and things like that to keep them alive so they can tank and solo farm plenty of things. Also in just PvE general, they have plenty of builds that in the right conditions (When not completely countered by mobs) kill faster than the classic elementalist necromaner combos.

I love venting about Guild Wars =D. I use to be so good at that game.