DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Beta] Reclaiming Sancre Tor, Thread I

DarkRider

:cookie: Update: Just passed Beta version 0.0.7 to the testers, hoping the bugs in this section will be small, I've tested it quite a bit already seems stable but fingers crossed. Never know once you toss in the varying load orders. Testers will likely chew through this over the weekend, my goal is to fix as they report and have 0.0.8 out next week at some point if all goes well. :smug:

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of envying the beta testers at the moment - But, at the same time glad I am not one of them, I want the whole experience to be new on this one .. especially after reading the interview.

This site really is the home of quality and talent. Good luck with the testing :pints:

• 3 weeks later...

:woot: Update:

Hail Blades Fans!

Things have been a bit quiet on the RST front here due mainly to much testing and then a brief hiatus this past week while my family moved houses. Still unpacking boxes, but we are settling in and testing/fixing on RST should resume full course here shortly. Testing is currently still at 0.0.7, this version saw a new tester join the crew, along with a number of significant bug finds/fixes. Hope to get to 0.0.8 this weekend, provided nothing major crops up in RL to take away from my work hours on RST. The testers are fairly biting at the bit now between updates. :lmao: Testing is at about 58% completion, when we reach the 100% mark the first release candidate of RST will be released to the public with only essential voice acting completed (ie speeches, indirect dialogues, etc). You can follow the testing progress percentage on the RST Forum Header :up: there's a progress bar under the title image. :)

Hopefully this weekend will see 0.0.8 released, it was delayed a bit by our newest tester who is a dynamo at finding things worth fixing so I had to go back and fix a generous list of buglets from 0.0.7 I hadn't counted on when I made my last estimate for 0.0.8. With those things squared away now, I only have a bit of quest work to polish before I turned 0.0.8 over to the testers. Nice to see it all coming together now, really can't believe this is so close to the end and so far she's performed brilliantly.

RST Conflicts Revealed :read:

I've decided to post the current known conflicts we've encountered so far, publicly. This is just what we have so far, obviously the list will be updated on routine to incorporate the most current information on mod conflicts and potential patches. If there is a popular mod you'd like to see tested for compatibility, please feel free to make a suggestion, can't promise we'll take every suggestion, there's just no time to test against every mod in existence, but we'll happily take a look at some of the more prominent titles common to most load orders. :yes: My plan is to patch what can be patched in a feasible sense, but I won't be investing time in patching mods that just can't or shouldn't play with RST.

Planned/Finished Patches :construction:

• ImpeREAL Unique Districts

• Unique Landscapes (several conflicts here, all should be patchable)

• AFK_Weye

• Kragenir's Death Quest

• Map Marker Overhaul

• Leyawiin Reborn

• Feudal Empire/Knights of the White Stallion

Hard Conflicts: Will Not be Patched :cry:

• Servant of the Dawn Diametrically opposed, conflicts unpatchable.

For the Complete List Visit the About RST Thread in this Forum --> CLICKY

Ask the DarkRider :question:

Ladyflcn asked me to give a nudge here for the community interview deal she and WhoGuru have dreamed up. Ask the DarkRider is open to the public for questions you'd like to see answered post release of RST. I've agreed to give them a go, and the floor's open to just about any polite topic, especially those relating to RST, so if you'd like to participate, post your questions for them. I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with. :thumbsup:

That's it for this update! As always, I want to say thanks to everyone at TESA; I sincerely would not be this close to achieving my vision if not for the fan support and the patient technical advice of the people in the ES community! A special thanks to Hanaisse for her tireless support and her commitment to seeing RST through her BETA phase (you can all thank her for keeping me on task at this stage :P) and thanks to all those who lend their skills to RST! Please post, I always enjoy hearing from you all, reading your comments and curious questions; you really do lend fuel to the fire!!

Cheers and Happy Modding :pint:

That's good news for news on this fantastic mod that allowed me to discover the community through its promotional mod "Weynon Refuge" and that most of the mods I use are available which have a patch compatibility.

A big thank you to DarkRider and all those involved in the creation of this wonderful adventure to bring its beauty to the order of the blades. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

:wicket: Update: Just passed Beta version 0.0.8-0.0.9 to the testers, hoping the bugs in this section will be small, as usual I've tested it quite a bit to get it relatively stable. Never know what will happen in testing though. Testers will likely chew through this over the weekend and start of next week, my goal is to fix as they report and have 0.1.0 out by next weekend. When testers finish testing this block, testing progress will be to 70%. :good:

I also updated the recent pics slides at the top of the thread :up:

• 3 weeks later...

NowRecruiting.png

Position Needed: Voice Director

Reclaiming Sancre Tor is now recruiting!! I'm looking for an experienced and qualified voice director to work on RC2 of the project. This person will be responsible for organizing the dialogue (this has already been done in part by Beta Tester lilith who has collected and organized the dialogue outside of the CS), managing acting talent (ie keep track of who is doing what and what still needs doing) collecting (and if need be converting) finished files, cleaning/mastering files, and generally overseeing the voice/dialogue phase of the project. :police:

I am looking for someone with some notable experience, be prepared to link me to your past work, as much as I love giving enthusiastic newbies a chance to shine, I'm needing someone to lighten my load here, not add to it. I just don't have time to train someone with no experience, it'd be easier to do it myself in that case. I will be one of the primary voice actors during this phase and will still be actively supporting RC1 of the project so I need someone else to hold the reins for a bit so I can focus on my own performances. I will be present the whole way to review finished files and help make those leadership decisions, I just need someone to get in the trench with me prepared to get dirty. XD

If you are interested please send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:popcorn: Update: Just passed Beta version 0.1.0 to the testers at last and this marks the arrival at the 87% completion mark. That means she is 87% to RC1 that will be the first public release. Pretesting on my end went really well so I'm hoping the testers have an easy time of it. I'm not resting on my laurels now, going to grab some dinner and dive back in to start on 0.1.1. I'd really like to see this done in the next couple weeks gods willing. Had a setback with one of RST's major models, the mesh maker has pulled out, not sure I have anyone else I can put to it and it was rather important for the mod's finale. That will need a redesign to exclude the mesh I think, and that's next in version 0.1.1 so good times. I am trying desperately to shorten waits between updates for testers and fans, it's just RL really hammering away at my time. I will do all I can and fight for every second in the CS I can, stay with me my Blades, we're nearly there. There are new pics in the RST forum header so have a peek at what's new and what I've been up to, you can click on them to expand them, quote proud of those vanilla graphics :lmao:

Cheers! :dance:

Hey all you RST Fans lurking out there, this update is for you!

As Rider has said, we've just passed an epic milestone in testing, and I mean EPIC. Each test cycle leaves me hanging in suspense and this one is no different. From the compelling story-telling, to every new dungeon, DarkRider has created a living account of becoming a Blade and what it all truly means. It makes me proud to play this role and draws me in so much I dread having to stop and wait for the next update.

It's been a long road, but honestly, we're almost there! The screenshots above, while beautiful, don't fully do it justice. It's breathtaking, and full of danger and surprises at every turn. I'm dying to see what comes next.

Stay tuned, you won't regret it. :dance:

:loveRST: