DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Two Main Characters that I can't choose between

JulianSull

(Read the descriptions below first)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. (READ THE ENTIRE THING BELOW) Which main character do you think you would like more?

• Raine, who is fun and optimistic yet still mature
    • Raine, who is tough and mean, but only until she warms up to you. She then becomes a very nice and fun person to be around.

I have a big problem in my script. I can't decide on what my main character should be like. This girl you are with the ENTIRE quest. Literally. For almost every single moment you are with her so naturally it is very important that you don't hate her and in fact that you really like her. So I'm at a cross roads:

This is what she is like no matter what option you choose above: She comes from a family that was pretty dysfunctional. Her father was an assassin for the monarchy in Coryella (The main city in the game) and taught her everything she knows about weaponry and fighting. She hates the use of magic because when her father was killed, it was told to her that he attempted to cast a fire spell at the killer but took too long and was killed. She knew and respected her father as an amazing fighter and believed very strongly that if he had relied on his physical abilities instead of his magical abilities then he would have survived. She's hated magic ever since (If you look at her stats, her intelligence and willpower are both 5 along with all other magical stats). Now here is what separated the two of them:

Raine can either choose to be a cold-hearted girl who hates almost everything and everyone one besides the few who are close to her (including the player after a few missions) or she can choose to be the optimistic type of person who tries her best to fight through everything. Now this may sound easy at a first glance but there are a few important thing in the storyline:

Beatrix Gage is the antagonist of the story. She use to work for the King as Captain of the Guards. She did everything she could to reduce crime in the city but over time a group called [insert group name here] began crawling its way higher up, paying off guards and even taking important posts! One man named General Fol framed Beatrix for killing General Mor and after that, she lost it. She was kicked out of the city, her house was burned down right in front of her and NO one chased after the people who did it, even though they could have. Even the player refused to accuse General Fol for killing the General because he threatens the player that if he says anything that the entire [Group] will be sent after the player until he dies. She then slowly gained more and more powerful, recruiting some of the most evil people in the world to create her own city and take revenge against not only Kryta, but also the entire continent of Coryella. The idea behind her character is that she needs to be similar to Raine because she sees herself in her yet with only one difference. Nothing horrible has happened to her yet causing her to become evil. She sees it not as a matter of skill or strength, or luck or chance, but a matter of time.

So in short, Its either I keep Raine as a person very similar to the antagonist but with one major difference besides something horrible happening to her (If you can guess that, you got the theme to my whole script =D) or make her more fun and thus more likeable to the player. Which one do you think I should choose? Which one do you think you would like more?

Keep in mind, both of them are fun, make jokes and are interesting characters, just in different ways.

Edited by JulianSull