DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New to modding

TheUnknownChemist

Hello all I am new to modding oblivion, I played about a bit with morrowind CS but never got that far.

I have been following several tutorials and feel that I am learning the basics fairly well. But I have hit upon a snag and need some help as I can't seem to find or understand the articles I am reading.

I have created a new house, the interior design is all done, and I have sorted out most of the exterior, (It adds a house next to the wawnet inn) but the problem I have is that when I load it up in game to check it out I realise that in the CS I can't see grass. So my house garden looks like an overgrown jungle.

My question is how can I remove grass from a small area around my house?

I realise I may have taken the long winded way of explaining things, I just want to make sure that my problem is understood.

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TESA :wave:

Nearly every texture in Oblivion has a "NoGrass" version. In most cases, painting over the grass with a No Grass version, set to 100% Opacity will take care of the issue. May take some testing and repainting but keep at it. You can learn more about Landscaping and grass textures here:

LOL thanks all, I have been playing a lot with the cs and asking question over at beth forum and they pointed me here. Been playing with the landscape editor and the quad window, looks confusing at first but after fiddling for awhile it seems a lot easier than I first thought.

I will head to introductions :) I can see me asking a fair few questions on here, I really want to get good at modding.

• 2 weeks later...

Since there has been a rash of these grass questions of late I've expanded on it more in the CS Basics class where landscaping is introduced. Helpers, please refer folks to the provided material where we can to prevent repeats of the same threads over and over. :salute:.