DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Build or buy...

donnato

Aww Meo, I`m really happy with the i3 and you`re right, I was on a tight budget and still am. I may not be able to do this anytime real soon. You helped me get up and running in great shape so please don`t feel bad. Also, this is one reason I went with this mobo, imagine if I had gotten an 1156 socket board...I`d really be stuckzilla.

Thing is...I`m not sure but I may have more gfx card than my current config can fully manage, Which is ok because I like things I can grow into...instead of grow out of. It does run beautifully at medium settings and for all I know it`s maxing out my monitor more than the system.

:pints:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont blame me. I recommended the i3 cause of your then limited budget. If ive known you were willing to spend a little more later, i wouldve told you to wait and get at least the i5 2500k. Now i feel like crap. You dont need to change your mobo. The i7 will work great on it, and as long as you only use one videocard, you'll get nearly the same performance than with any $400 mobo. Use the money and get yourself a radeon hd6950 instead.

Your recommendations were spot on,for the information you had at the time. The system he has now, is pretty flippin' nice. :D Look at some of his screenies.

• 2 months later...

Well here we are again...thanks to all of you who offered help and advise. The rig is running great and it`s time for a tiny upgrade which I`m finding a bit confusing, never having had to figure this before. I`m going to swap out the VGA cable for a DVI cable and the folks in the stores are remarkably unable to explain to me the differences. I`m finding DVI cables in basically two flavors...single and dual channel. I`m thinking that I should go with the dual channel but since I know nothing about the functionality I thought I`d ask here.

The reason for this swap is that there are a couple of issues which may indicate a bottleneck and one is the analog connection to my monitor. This may or may not be so, but at least this is one thing I can eliminate easily.

Thanks again folks

Thanks Meo. That pic will help alot since the newegg closeup of my vid card isn`t very clear.Looks like DVI-I though but it might use the DL-DVI , which looks like trade name DVI-X cable.

I`m still wondering what te difference between single and dual channel is so I`ll know what to look for in the monitor specs.

I`m still wondering what te difference between single and dual channel is so I`ll know what to look for in the monitor specs.

From what I understand it is faster speed and higher resolution capability differences; dual being the faster and allowing for higher resolutions. Here's A Link to one of the places I read about the cables. I'm not sure of what to look for monitor spec-wise though. :/

Thanks lilith, me too but as I read things I learn more about the various monitor specs and how they can limit / allow settings in my system. Well maybe not limit but maybe not be able to use settings above a certain point.

Ah cool Stoney thanks. I tried F1 and got to a real scary place and ran away from there quickly, F4 same same, the only other things I knew were space bar or delete buttons to enter bios. I`ll try F8 when I get home this evening.

Ok, it turns out that at the logo screen I press F5...after POST...F8...either way the only real option I had was memory test. This hung up for an hour ....yes an hour...at 21%...so I exited. Now...this seems like a bad thing. I think I need to do a full wipe and totally reinstall from the OS on up...My question is... how do I wipe the disc...totally?

You need to figure out what it is, or you could just re-install it.

Are you getting any administrative events in your Event Viewer?

On the issue of Blender not working, do you still have python 2.6 installed? Tried re-installing that?

Ok, Start Menu > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

When the window comes up (give it a minute to load) expand the arrow beside Custom Views and highlight Administrative Event. You'll get a list of 'things gone wrong'. Well, if there's no list then nothing's gone wrong. Highlight each event for more information, it might help you pinpoint where the problems are.