DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[ALPHA] The Oblivion Centaur Project

DaMage

I assume everybody has bough there Skyrim for either console and/or PC/Mac by now and/or has at lest had a chance to play some of the game..

If you have then you already have seen how bad the horses are, The problems I see already which may kill or make it even harder to continue this mod over to Skyrim from Oblivion.

I bought PC version myself. In hoping the graphics and able add mods would be better. So far graphics have been HUGE let down.

<snip>

Yes, I fully intend to work on a new Centaur mod, but there is going to be a learning cruve. There is a new animation system I have to learn and many of the tricks i used to use mighten work anymore.

I cant do much till niftools comes out and starts supporting things......and i cant implement anything till the CK comes out. For now, we just have to wait.

Yes, I fully intend to work on a new Centaur mod, but there is going to be a learning cruve. There is a new animation system I have to learn and many of the tricks i used to use mighten work anymore.

I cant do much till niftools comes out and starts supporting things......and i cant implement anything till the CK comes out. For now, we just have to wait.

Hey DaMage, Good to see your still alive.

I am surprised just how much has come out without the tool kit yet. With Script dragon and this beta SKSE or whatever its called.

I still have not found a way to get the horses to backup in Skyrim though. It naggin me like crazy Lol

Like an arrow in the knee??? Rofl..

Anywho. Good to see your still alive and kickin, and I very much look forward to hopefully seeing Centaur mod in Skyrim.

Quick question though:

With all areas to explore. How will big workhorses body fits in some these tight places?

When I was uses Script dragon which lets you summon your horses (Frost) prety much anywhere in game.

was a few times I got stuck in some the caves and what not and I was asking my self..

" I wonder how DaMage going make centaur work with these tight caves "

Hey DaMage, Good to see your still alive.

I am surprised just how much has come out without the tool kit yet. With Script dragon and this beta SKSE or whatever its called.

I still have not found a way to get the horses to backup in Skyrim though. It naggin me like crazy Lol

Like an arrow in the knee??? Rofl..

Anywho. Good to see your still alive and kickin, and I very much look forward to hopefully seeing Centaur mod in Skyrim.

Quick question though:

With all areas to explore. How will big workhorses body fits in some these tight places?

When I was uses Script dragon which lets you summon your horses (Frost) prety much anywhere in game.

was a few times I got stuck in some the caves and what not and I was asking my self..

" I wonder how DaMage going make centaur work with these tight caves "

Im going to take a guess and say, just like in Oblivion, where the back half will simply clip through walls. It was impossible ot fix in Oblivion, but its something that can easily break the game so I never really looked into it.

Im going ot go with that again if it comes up,clipping is better then getting stuck.

Im going to take a guess and say, just like in Oblivion, where the back half will simply clip through walls. It was impossible ot fix in Oblivion, but its something that can easily break the game so I never really looked into it.

Im going ot go with that again if it comes up,clipping is better then getting stuck.

I assume you will have to shrink the horse bodies down some? That may help some..As they are more horse like which is good.

And Script dragon and SKSE both are starting to allow people to do more then basic stuff.. But this dam backup is still

annoying me and I can't get anybody even look at this simple thing lol. If you Get scrip dragon and you can explore

Skyrim and summon your horse anywhere you want. But yeah I swear some the caves seem be actaully smaller

then what they were in Oblivion. The game is so much large to explore, but they have also taken a lot out

of Skyrim that was in Oblivion. The cliping or CLT command currently in Skyrim

is very buggy, At times I got stuck could not even get it to work so I could get out my stuck spot.

(( Though I'm sure you know this DaMage but anybody who does not know)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1303320-rel-script-dragon/page__st__140 <- Script dragon

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1302434-wipz-skyrim-script-extender-skse/ <- Skyrim Script Extender.

Script dragon will allow you summon your horse anywhere you need them. So whenever you go off fight some

dragon and or you lose your horses (which happens alot) you can quickly summon them back.

I assume this was somewhat similar along with other tools you used to make/work on your mods?

I'm hoping its not too much more difficult for you and everybody that has helped you.. I hope..

Anywho. if you do find that Skyrim is not as good as we all hope for contine over.

I hope you'll at lest continue for oblivion.

Edited by CentaurChester

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Please help me,

i love this mod, i want to play it so bad!

But...i got a problem:(

I installed the Centaur mod and Oblivion unofficial patch, but i can't get it to work.

I click the OblivionLauncher.exe and everything goes well. Game doesn't crash, no glitches, no bugs.

Even checked the Data Files, enabled:

Oblivion.esm (Master File)

TOCP - Playable Centaur.esp (Player File)

TOCP.esm (Master File)

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp (Player File)

I have no other mods/files.

I create a new game, want to change my race to Centaur (default is it set to Imperial)

But i CAN'T find the Centaur Race?! I don't know if its called, if it replaced a race.

I only have the default races? Should i use openracemenu or something?

Please respond, i want to play this mod soo bad.

,Deems.

(EDIT: 2 races don't have half of their body. They only have their upper body. They are higher than the normal characters, so i guess these are actually Centaurs, but i don't see the horse textures???)

Edited by Deems