DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Spot the Frog

Jheuloh

frogcropped.th.png

frogcropped2.th.jpg

Guess who finally got around to taking pictures? :P

Spot was hanging around in broad daylight (I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of why Spot rests in plain sight on some days, while going into hiding other days) and I managed to snap a good quality picture without unduly disturbing Spot. Spot blends well with the surroundings. :D It remains to be seen whether he'll be with us for the rest of his natural lifespan (he's a native, wild-caught frog who was given to me by family friends) or end up being released nearby a creek; mostly leaning to the latter, as I'm not well-read on how to care for amphibians (although amphibians & reptiles are often dumped into the same boat, by both science & the public, and indeed, temperature/humidity maintenance is similar, the sensitivities & forms of hydration for amphibians greatly differ from reptiles.)

Edit: In the picture, Spot looks like a very dark green. In real life, Spot's a color changer. He gets darker/lighter (the pattern seems to that heat & stress turn him darker colors. Sundown & lower temperatures turn his color palette lighter.)

Edited by Jheuloh

Spot's currently in the process of being released. (Living space was placed outdoors, with the lid taken off. The terrarium's next to a window to ensure a bird or annoying human doesn't try to disturb the process.) He was a wild-caught, native frog, and it didn't look like he was doing very well living with humans.

Edit: As we can see here, however, I got pictures before he said his goodbyes to the box of ferns, clovers, and other plants. :P

Edited by Jheuloh

:rofl: At first I thought this was a new quest mod..."Spot the Frog" ...Nice looking animal J. :pints:

Somewhere in Cyrodiil! That would be cruel beyond all limits: I've placed a small frog somewhere in Cyrodiil and you have to find him :lol: Mind you, if you placed a bunch of clues all over the place... There you go Jheuloh - you can make an Oblivion mod out of this!

Yeah, apparently some of them can freeze and will thaw out and survive! Not sure of all the details, but I think they were being used for study...

But you'd have to create a cold weather frog :D I guess you could have it that he's hibernating...

What kind of frog is Spot?