DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Suggestions for the light-fingered types.

Valkyr81

I'm working on a repeatable quest mod for the Thieves Guild. Very simple, you speak to one of the beggars in a city to find out if there is anything special worth stealing, they tell you what it is and who has it, you steal it, fence it, rinse and repeat. the items are not intended to be hugely valuable, but are worth more than regular clutter.

What I need are suggestions for what the items could be. It doesn't have to be the Imperial Crown Jewels or anything, Just stuff the player can sell to fences.

I'm aiming for 10 - 15 jobs per city, so any ideas will be appreciated.

I have a working prototype up and running, so I wasn't sure if this belonged in the (WIPz) thread or not.

Some good suggestions here, guys :thumbup: . I hadn't considered pickpocketing, thanks lonewolf_kai. It's things like your suggestions that I'm aiming for. Keep 'em coming guys, if anyone can think of a good victim and what you could lift from them, don't be shy, let me know.

Something else might be to steal BACK something that was stolen by someone else.... (not another guild member though....) so, maybe an item off in some cave, or dungeon somewhere? Misc. alchemy ingredients/apparati from some necromancer cave for instance.

Something else might be to steal BACK something that was stolen by someone else.... (not another guild member though....) so, maybe an item off in some cave, or dungeon somewhere? Misc. alchemy ingredients/apparati from some necromancer cave for instance.

Haha, this post gave me a funny idea- have your first mission in one place be to steal something for someone, then the second mission come from the person you stole it off- asking to steal it back! :P :P

Ohh these are getting good, I love you guys! :thumbup:

HeyYou, that's a great idea. :bowdown: It's going in the pot in my brain. It'll broaden the scope of the mod quite a bit.

Mr Bear, I agree it would be entertaining, :D but it's a little beyond the scope of what I'm aiming for with the jobs. Good idea though. :cool:

As a side note, if I released this, would anyone be interested? I was originally making this just for myself, but if any thief-y type players out there would be interested, I would be happy to post it once I've got enough jobs set up for each city.

me personally, I love any kind of re doable job. Its like Fable the focus is "be who you want" Gta, the focus is on "do what you want" but in oblivion, it's always felt like its about just living another life in another world- and being able to play a character that doesn't even consider the main quest and instead spends their life doing odd jobs of crime around cyrodill would be just my thing! :D

I would suggest adding items to the different Count's and Countess' inventory some type of jewelery or trinket. Maybe in their sleeping quarters also, could be a Urn or something bigger maybe.

I've always wanted to steal stuff from them XD

Great idea by the way. I would definitely grab this mod :thumbup: