DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPZ/RELZ] Two Orignal music packs written for Oblivion!

3 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do with these music packs?

• Download and use Inequipoise in my game
    • Download and use Zeigheist in my game
    • Mix n' match
    • Say nothing and walk away- not my cup of tea.

hellor,

Well, I've made alot of cinematic/orchestral music recently that has ended up floating around aimlessly on my website, and figured I may as well do something with them. And truly, what more can I do than group them together, give them a cool sounding, relevant and thoughtful name, and then offer them to internet with gusto? So thus: Inequipoise and Zeitgeist!

They aren't finished yet, because a fair few of the songs need finishing/ tweaking, but I have created two videos to show off basically what you'll be getting when they are finished. This thread has a poll (because if there's one thing this forum needs more of, it's polls allright) about what you think you'll be downloading, just so I can get an idea of what it is people are actually interested in- if listen to the videos (im sure there is something wrong with that sentence) it would be very cool of you to quickly answer it :D

Inequipoise is a collection of twelve tracks that I've written recently specifically for oblivion over the past couple of months. It is written to fit in perfectly with the music allready there- of all the music packs I have downloaded, none have really intergrated well enough with Jeremy Soules style to not stand out like a sore thumb. You'll find dungeon music that is the same dark ambient style of the original; Explore tracks unique enough to stand apart and homely enough to fit in with the rest; peaceful city music and exciting, tense battle music.

Zeitgeist on the other hand, is just a collection of tracks I have written over the past couple of years, and have decided are cinematic enough and of high enough quality to bunch them together into a music pack....album.. collection of songs thing. They are of a much more experimental and Alternative style than Inequipoise- you'll find Dark alt rock basslines and leads mixed with warm, natural sweeping strings, mixed time signatures, some rather interesting samples, and even an entire song slowing down into a waltz before speeding back into 4/4. Whilst they may not fit in well enough to oblivion to suit everyone, they are cinimatic enough to give you something a little bit fresh if you are bored of the music in your game at the moment :)

They are both still under works, but in the meantime you can find a lot of the tracks here for free download at Www.MysteriousProjects.tumblr.com . Head over there if you liked what you heard, and if you do the poll thats awsome too! :D

Mysterious Mr. Bear :D:D

PS I was so tired whist writing this I'm not even sure it's the right language. Sorry in advance for bad spelling, repeated points, and nonsese :P

Edited by Mysterious Mr. Bear

This sounds interesting. I'm always interested in checking out new music tracks/packs, especially if there's a preview available. I'm going to keep my eye on this. The only problem is that I can't get either link to work, so I can't cast a vote yet.

Wow, Bear, those are amazing! I'm definitely going to mix n' match those.

A note on the Zeitgeist tracks: they definitely fit better than some of the tracks I use. I use various tracks from:

Legend of Zelda

Castlevania

Doctor Who

Babylon 5

and a several others. But Inequipoise and Zeitgeist are definitely more fitting. Looking forward to hearing them around Cyrodiil and The Shivering Isles.

That's awesome, Bear! Good job. Some of the stuff reminded me of Daggerfall, actually, and that's a great compliment, because I still have strong feelings for Daggerfall's music. I can clearly hear that Jeremy Soule is trying to catch that same Daggerfall feeling in his songs, at least in Oblivion. I hope he goes for the same inspiration with Skyrim, but from what I've heard, it'll be more Morrowind-inspired this time, and that's actually fine, since Morrowind has some of the best music ever created for a game.

I may or may not be adding more music to my mod; I haven't decided. If I do, I already have a composer for that, and it will probably only be a couple of tracks. But I seriously want to see your work in a mod too, because it is well suited. Highly recommended.

Thanks man! :D

yeah Im tottaly looking forward to hearing what Soule pulls off for Skyrim... If morriwind is the direction then I can't wait!

And cool, whos the composoer? Is Zero-project from the trailer? And I wont lie, I have now decided to work in a new worldspace for my Elemental Magic quest, simply because watching that trailer made me want NEED to try landscaping!!! It's no where near as big as yours and really differnt... I can't imagine how much effort and time you've put in to Dibella. Can't wait to download it!

Thanks man! :D

yeah Im tottaly looking forward to hearing what Soule pulls off for Skyrim... If morriwind is the direction then I can't wait!

And cool, whos the composoer? Is Zero-project from the trailer? And I wont lie, I have now decided to work in a new worldspace for my Elemental Magic quest, simply because watching that trailer made me want NEED to try landscaping!!! It's no where near as big as yours and really differnt... I can't imagine how much effort and time you've put in to Dibella. Can't wait to download it!

Yep. Zero-Project. I used his music to great effect in a mod called Fairy Tale for Civilization 4 last year. I actually found his music, which he had published in an album called Fairy Tale when searching for music online to implement into the mod. His album and my mod having the same titles to begin with was just a weird coincidence, since I fell in love with his work right away and used it throughout the mod. He later actually wrote an entire new album called Fairy Tale 2 in honour of the game and my mod, and I am still planning to create a Fairy Tale 2 (possibly for Civ 5 if they get their act together) mod too.

Very nice Mr Bear,I enjoyed listening to those.One of the first things I do on a new install is turn the music off,I may to tempted to try your packs in the future though,good work :thumbup:

Weirdly... I do exactly the same thing, I haven't played with music in my past 2 installs! But the two installs before that I really enjoyed some custom music, and thought I may as well gather up all that I'd written and put it up for download :)

Yep. Zero-Project. I used his music to great effect in a mod called Fairy Tale for Civilization 4 last year. I actually found his music, which he had published in an album called Fairy Tale when searching for music online to implement into the mod. His album and my mod having the same titles to begin with was just a weird coincidence, since I fell in love with his work right away and used it throughout the mod. He later actually wrote an entire new album called Fairy Tale 2 in honour of the game and my mod, and I am still planning to create a Fairy Tale 2 (possibly for Civ 5 if they get their act together) mod too.

Wow, I'll have too look that up.. never played civ properly actually :P When you say publish an album, do you mean for sale or for free download?

Yeah I actually found his website straight after posting :P God he's done a lot of brilliant material, It's always heart warming to see it all avaiable for free and being used in things. Makes me think of a world with less buying and selling and more giving and sharing... Im sure everyone would end up with more if thats the way things worked in more places.