DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #36

InsanitySorrow

The Lurker's Lair

Welcome to the Lurker's Lair! This thread was inspired by the one of the same name on Bethesda Game Studios' Forums.

The Lurker's Lair is place where you come share with us your latest experiences and your everyday life. It's a cosy place to sit back and enjoy good conversation, consolation and encouragement but spammers beware - that's not a ticket to free reign, the rules still apply here.You've got to stay on-topic, even if the topic is as simple as "How's life, pal?"

TES Alliance's Lurker's Lair plays with the same set of rules as Bethesda's, found here.

Here's a quick reminder of them :

1. No spam. Any post that is not informative or adding to the discussion is considered spam.

2. If you come into the lair to be disruptive it is trolling. No trolling.

3. All rules of the forum apply here in the Lurker’s Lair and are to be followed.

4. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for breaking them.

5. If you observe someone breaking the rules, please report the post and contact a Moderator. Do not attempt to police them yourselves.

And so, without further ado... Welcome to the Lurker's Lair!

In the last thread, we learned that:

• Borderlands and Plants Vs. Zombies are wicked cool games.
  • No one is really safe from puzzle game addiction
  • Lots of people are really excited about Fable 3
  • A terabyte of storage is not enough
  • Dihydrogen monoxide is evil
  • Giving credit to everyone who contributed is sometimes a pain in the butt, do it anyways
  • Living across the street from Beana is dangerous business
  • Lizards are tasty goodness!
  • Glaedr moonlights as a superhero
  • Big books go on the bottom shelf
  • Echo comes up with strange ideas when he doesn't sleep
  • Poke-fied animals are rather popular

So, I bought a refurbished vacuum, and I can't wait for it to get shipped. Does that scream of "housewife"?

Nah. I'm not married and I got excited when I bought my Dyson. (I ended up having to sell it. :crybaby: )

No one is really safe from puzzle game addiction

YES. Peggle and Words With Friends are my two favorites. :P

Edited by TardisChan

So, the Check Engine light for my mother's truck has come on AGAIN, and so I need to take it down to the mechanic's shop AGAIN, and walk the mile of mostly uphill roads back home AGAIN, in 90+ degree weather with the air full of smoke.

I swear, I am this close (||) to giving that damn thing a nice dosage of cure-all TNT. Especially considering what caused the same thing to happen not three days ago (an improperly installed air filter).

Yeah, but now my car has a brand new transmission. The old one was 16 years old, so what are the chances of needing it fixed or replaced again? By the time it *should* be having problems, I plan to have a new car.

I've had some crazy dreams recently:

One I had 2 days ago involved a battle inside the lair of an unnamed demoness who, while fighting with the dream's "hero", got killed by getting an axe in her face, and then the demon's daughter approached the guy who killed her mother spoke, and basically forgave the hero for what he did while admitting her mother had gone ax-crazy. The dream ended with a sap-green liquid dropping out of an opening, which according to the demon's daughter, indicated that the guy's "Summoner friend was in danger." :blink:

This was the dream that followed a dream I had about a red & yellow dragon inheriting the consciousness of some evil dude, should he die for whatever reason (the dragon ended up getting his consciousness.) Can someone say ultimate backup plan? :P

have a few things to do here...

first.... a dream I've had quite a bit lately...

I'm in a swamp somewhere, walking on this really big red-wood log, trying not to fall off into the water below. I get to a certain point, and I slip and fall into the water. 3 feet away is a alligator and its head is 2 ft long (or longer) ... it starts swimming towards me, so I start hitting it with a Coleman lunchbox (that I didn't have while walking on the log) and it and opens its mouth to try to eat me. It gets about 8 inches or so away, and the mouth is is still getting closer to me.....

and I wake up

now on to real life stuff....

Got a new video card today.... A second EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked graphics card...

Click me for Image

Don' t mind the mess of cables there... Its hard to maintain all the cables...

4 cables for the videos cards ( two 6-pin cables per card)

5 Sata cables (3 for my 3 solid state drives, and 2 for my 2 Samsung 1.5tb drives)

1 Sata for the Blu-Ray Burner

the 24-pin power for the mobo

an 8-pin cable for the mobo

its easier to say, its a rats mess of cables :rofl:

Haven't done any benchmarks or anything yet. I might do that later.

wildgecko002.th.jpg

wildgecko001.th.jpg

Today has been a mega good day for me. I saw a juvenile Mediterranean house gecko in my room! I coaxed it outside after discovering it about an hour earlier & checking for cats & mockingbirds, but before I said my farewells to it, I got pictures! :D

That would be rather amuzing Don, although it would work better for a *shivers* evil MMO as you would never know "is that gekko a player or npc?" LOL

In OB or SKyrim it would be funny because you could possibly get chased by some cook with a broom! LOL