DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Robert Male v5 Final

alt3rn1ty

I am refraining from calling this post a WIP because its not mine.

Edit: It also should be called v5 (Coming out of Beta) - I misunderstood from posts on CanadianIce & Howndogs, but this is the work Robert was going to do to finish up the v5 Beta.

Just posting here to raise awareness that a legend has returned, hanging on an older site a lot of you will be familiar with but might not have popped in recently .....

Have a read http://grotto.moddersrealm.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=6c3a65610ab83afe1dba458669d676c9&topic=12520.0 <-- CanadianIce & Howndogs place

Some of the more recent stuff to download on the second page, but v6 seems to be enroute - Beware his download links, the download site does pop-up tabs with content you might not be expecting when the download commences, the files are fine its just the pop-up tab which comes as a surprise - If you routinely allow javascipt/plugins for new sites that download site plays mischief.

Where/when/if he will release a full package IDK, or maybe by the sound of some of his posts he would like someone to take up the release ... <shrugs>, its looking good though.

Take care

Alt.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Excellent. AlienSlof did mention he was back. Alt3rn1ty, did you ask him about the idle.kf bug we uncovered a while ago? I sent that to AlienSlof and I think she asked him about it, but I'm not sure.

This is the bug that makes NPC's do the moon-walk before walking anywhere.

Edit: Nevermind. Yes you did :D Too many long posts to read...

Edited by AndalayBay

• 1 month later...

Forgot to update this.

The title of the topic is wrong, it should be Robert Male v5 Final.

RELZ thread is here http://grotto.moddersrealm.com/index.php?&topic=12565.0

Robert has released MaleBodyReplacer and OutfitReplacer files ... But there is one more to come, the Resources file which will expand on options to use.

Some mentalist made a Wrye Bash BAIN too with wizard installer ;)

Robert has given me editing access, but also for OBMM users Room207 is currently making an OMOD and awaiting Robert giving him editing access too to upload his variation of an installer.

The BAIN is beta, pending the new resources file Robert has been working on the last week, once thats up I will update and re-upload - But in its current state everythings working nicely.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

:) The resources file came out the day after my last post, since then the BAIN has had two updates, now at revision 7 - By the sound of it on Canadian Ice's site theres going to be at least one more update.

Recently the body choices expanded to 14, a few re-works of AMB bodies, and there are circumsized versions of each including Roberts body choices. Texture choices in the BAIN have expanded, more of that to come too Robert is looking at making some textures to make HGEC compatible with a couple of problem races, aswell as re-doing his own Robert Female (theres a new 1.3 version on TESNexus ... Which I think will be updated again when Robert gets round to it - Maybe a BAIN too when he gets there)

Also the MaleBodyReplacer.esp plugin has been updated. I had a conversation with Room207 via pm on TESNexus, his AMB.esp was just a re-work of Roberts, so I suggested it could be used for Roberts renamed and Robert was happy....

Drake the Dragon (Argonian Beautification) popped in on Canadian Ice and pointed out that with reference to file paths for Argonian Tails there was an outstanding problem when using female body replacers ... Room207 has re-worked the AMB.esp since and given us all the same new esp renamed as MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp

Edit: Oh and I got Room207 permission to include any files from his up-coming omod (still in beta) in the BAIN - Currently that means his re-work of Rebel O Conners Shaved body textures are also included in revision 7 of the BAIN. The credits are expanding accordingly in the wizard.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

:good:

Fixed it for you :salute:

Thank you kindly Sir, cookie in-coming - Nice work on The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary too :toast:

News - Wrye Bash BAIN installer revision 8 will be up either tonight or tomorrow - Cut down on file duplication a fair bit in the sub-packages, however its grown a bit again providing quite a comprehensive choice of normal maps for every one of the human like races (8 choices for each of the following - DarkElf, DarkSeducer, Dremora, GoldenSaint, HighElf, Imperial, Nord, Orc, RedGuard, and Wood Elf).

More news - If anyone is experienced at beta testing omods look for Room207's link on this page - Any feedback before it goes live you could either join Canadian Ice forum or pm Room207 on TESNexus. ... he needs help getting a flawless version on the streets.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Wrye Bash BAIN uploaded - Revision 8. When upgrading from the previous revision, run the wizard again - A lot of sub-package renaming/re-organisation plus additional sub-packages in this revision. Enjoy :)

Just in time for Reclaiming Sancre Tor release by the sound of things, I might actually be able to get back to gaming and enjoy this long awaited and highly anticipated epic now. :dance:

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Question for the grafix experts - Particularly in using GIMP. Robert uses Photoshop so decided not to bug him with this question ...

Robert has provided hi-res footmale.dds files which are 2048 resolution - Just about all the V5 default setup textures are this size.

For personal use on the laptop (and if I am very successful with them may offer up more options for everyone in the BAIN, say 1024 and 512 (although probably wont need to do a 512 version) options of each aswell as the 2048) - I want to reduce those without reducing quality too much (hopefully not at all) and keeping Roberts recent work on skin tones between head and body matching.

I dont have Photoshop, but do have GIMP installed with the dds plugin.

So loading them up in GIMP is fine, all the necessary mip-map layers are present, and I know if I link all the layers (those little toggleable link icons next to each layer thumbnail) prior to doing an image scale down .. Everything can be successfully scaled ....

Problem comes in how to save the result.

GIMP gives a warning that the image seems to be a volume map, and of course there's the compression type to consider - What do I need to select to create problem free oblivion dds files in GIMPs save dialogue?

Edit: Ooh, and .. Would I have to do the same with the associated normal maps?

Edited by alt3rn1ty

You actually don't want to resize the mipmaps with the layer, you want to generate new mipmaps while saving.

Being a PS user myself, I find that way easier than GIMP, but here's a general guideline;

After resizing, go to Dialogs > Layers (or Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Layers depending on your version)

Right click on the Main Surface layer and choose flatten image

Close the layers box

File > Save As > choose DXT1 compression and check generate mipmaps

Yes, you'll want to resize the normals as well, same way, just save as DXT5 compression.

• Upvote 1

:dance: Oh yeeeeESS!, that is so easy once you know how .. Thank you.

Re-scaled, then In GIMP, there's a layers boxout always open, so you just right click on the Main Surface, and choose Flatten Image ...

Then have a mild heart failure when all the mip-maps layers vanish ... walk of faith time :huh:

Save-as (new filename), choose DXT1 and checked generate mip-maps, cross fingers ....

Reloaded new dds into GIMP and - Success :toast:

Most excellent - Now I just need to talk myself into committing to providing all the possible options :dizzy:

Yep, just going with 1024, besides the quality the amount of options for the BAIN could go a bit silly - and only one scale/save (I remember reading somewhere DDS are lossy similar to jpgs, so probably best to mess as little as possible).

Oh and enjoy http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=milky+bar+kid&aq=f - Nostalgia is probably overrated in this case :)

Edited by alt3rn1ty

One note for GIMP users - I think I can add an addendum ...

When you load Roberts nmaps in GIMP they already have an alpha channel. The default background for GIMP is a checkerboard, so any image which is transparent shows this checkerboad through.

With Roberts nmaps you see the whole image as a checkerboard.

thumb_6338547ScreenShot61.png

So after scaling the nmap, if you flatten the image, then GIMP aswell as removing the mip-maps flatten also removes the alpha channel ...

thumb_1646548ScreenShot62.png

save it DXT5 and generate mip-maps - Result is .. When you load it back into GIMP you can now see the image which is now mostly bright white (along with the mip-maps) instead of it being transparent as the originals are.

So revised it a little for nmaps, I think it should go like this - Scale it, then instead of flatten just right click and individually delete the mip-maps, then save as DXT5 and generate new mip-maps.

Now when I reload its all exactly as the original roberts nmap (transparent with mip-maps), but scaled to the new size.

Something else makes me think I am onto the right path with nmaps - Robert has a couple of footmale_n.dds which are already 1024 (argonians for instance which have not changed textures from v4) ... the resulting file size of my experiments here is exactly the same as those.

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Wrye Bash BAIN - Revision 9 uploaded. Please use the Wizard for installing, a lot of changes to sub-package naming once again necessitate this.

New to this revision - Aswell as Roberts V5 2048 sized Hi-Res body textures, you now have another option of 1024 Reduced Hi-Res body textures (and associated normal maps) for every body texture option.

The only ones that were not touched were the Room207 Shaved body textures - These are already 1024 size, and scaling them up would be pointless because it would not increase the detail. I still include them as a choice though even if you take the 2048 path in the wizard.

All the main body textures have now moved out of the early Core files sub-package, to sub-package 035. The wizard forks about half way through, depending on whether you choose 2048 or 1024 all the following options are offered in the same resolution.

Weell ... I think Robert is still working on some additional HGEC and Ozmo compatible face textures to get every race neck seem matched tonally if using hgec female instead of Roberts female.

He's also possibly going to include another body type

Aaand I think he might be looking at doing his own shaved textures ...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings :)

Taking a break for a week or two though, give Robert time to update, I want to have a nosy in Room207's omod too when that is released (we gave each other go ahead to include whatever from each others installers)

The shared headrace.dds and headrace_n.dds textures which both male and female use - If the female head textures have been made to match the female body for some races (most noticeable on dark elfs sometimes, Robert initially in the WIP thread on Canadian Ice site had a Lighter DElf male texture set to download, after seeing my screenshots of the effects on females with hgec compatible textures he dropped the light version, now there is a dark version, and slightly darker.

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/2938968Dark_Elf_New_Textures.png

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/3055491Dark_Elf_With_EVE-HGEC.png

The rest were brilliant (though none of the following screenshots have female comparisons they are good, considering this was on the laptop with medium game setting texture size)

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/7718564ScreenShotComp.png

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/5283322ScreenShotComp2.png

Edited by alt3rn1ty