DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Landscape editing confusion

samusaran589

Looking for help with landscape editing. I'm building a house off the oranghe road and trying to make a grass-less path to the front door. My issue is that the CS doesn't paint a terrain texture. I picked a grass-less texture and right clicked and everything, but it doesn't paint. If I expand the circle, it makes a small painted area to the left of the door, but stops at what looks like a seam/border. There is an obvious line.

Not sure what the issue is. For this particular mod, I'm just moving the whole house forward a few feet so the door is in a clearing, but I'd like to know how to fix this for the future.

It sounds like that quad is full.

To check that, go to that cell, press H to bring up the landscape editor, then press i. This will bring up a box showing 4 squares and a listing of all the textures already in that quad cell with a percentage of how much it is used. You can start deleting (right click a texture, delete) the lesser used textures until the landscape editor allows you to paint in your new texture.

Warning - never delete the first texture listed in each quad.

Or, it could be you've chosen a texture that doesn't paint. Yep, there are some. If the quad doesn't look overloaded as above, then just go in game and check if your texture is there.

(Welcome to TESA :) )