DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Artifacts of Skyrim - What would you like to see?

InsanitySorrow

A little discussion about artifacts started with my latest status update, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread so we can discuss the artifacts we would like to see make a return in Skyrim or ones that haven't been in TES yet (Pretty sure there are some).

Myself, well I'd like to see me fave Morrowind sword make a return, Umbra. Yeah ok it's been in the past two games, but I'd like to see it non the less. Another two I'd love to see are Chrysamere and the Iceblade, another two swords I loved in MW.

What about you?, What would you like to see in Skyrim?

What we'd like to see:

• Auriel's Bow
  • Auriel's Shield?
  • Boots of blinding speed
  • Chrysamere
  • Daedric Crescent
  • Iceblade of the Monarch
  • Ring of Khajiit
  • Umbra (Not lore friendly)

I'd quite like to see Umbra, but the one-handed version: the two-hander was pants. Not that I'd ever use it, it really didn't do enough souls to the gallon, I just want to put it on display somewhere.

Dunno about other artefacts: the skellington key is pretty redundant this time round, but I'd like it anyway because I'm lazy (did I see it was maybe available in the Thieves Guild quest line? I didn't do that one). Er... the Sacred Cheese Wheel of Sheogorath...? Actually the Fork of Horripilation would be nice because, y'know, it's The Fork!

I'll second the Ice Blade. Favorite sword in Morrowind. Auriel's Bow would also be nice, as would his shield. Maybe the Ring of Khajiit?

Hmmm a new bow would be nice, never thought of that :D

As a note, Umbra was destroyed in Lord of Souls, so having it wouldn't really be lore friendly.

Yeah I've heard that, still wouldn't stop me :lmao:

Well....

Lord's Mail......an artifact for a noble warrior that is given by Kynareth.

Dragonbone Cuirass.....well duh! With all the dragons about it makes sense that this artifact would turn up. Maybe with some anti-dragon bonuses this time.

Fists of Randagulf........they are the gauntlets of a powerful Nordic Warrior.....ames sense to see them in skyrim.

For the boots of blinding speed, I think some kind of "Whirlwind sprint" effect for every step you take would be awesome. It may also look more believable than a running animation in fast forward. I also think complete blindness would be less fun than partial blindness (perhaps something like the blindness from reading an elder scroll), as well as something that makes them detrimental in most situations; especially combat.

As a note, Umbra was destroyed in Lord of Souls, so having it wouldn't really be lore friendly.

Didn't I see something saying something to the effect that artefacts tend to come back after they've been destroyed or otherwise lost in the plane in which Tamriel exists, or did I just imagine that? I suppose at the very least, we could use the old excuse "it was turned into a newt! ...but it got better."