DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How do you make a door open when when you kill an enemy?

squall1150

Yes, OnDeath script attached to a unique draugr can be used.

My scripting class #1 goes over creating and attaching properties to scripts.

You need to attach the door you want to open as a 'ObjectReference' property on the script on the draugr.

You then can use the SetOpen command, pointing to the door in the onDeath script.

http://www.creationkit.com/SetOpen_-_ObjectReference

• Upvote 1

I have been messing around with the scripting but i still cant get it to work will this work on anything?

for example i dont have realy have a door its portgatepole and i have put them on top of each other. Not close but theres a gap.

Its them i want to open not just one about 10? when the drauger dies by the player.

I have found a local script called. DA11opendoorondeath im not even sure if this will work but i cant get it to so far,

maybe i need another script somewhere else? i am, not very good at scripting at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
or example i dont have realy have a door its portgatepole and i have put them on top of each other. Not close but theres a gap.

I do not quite understand what you mean with the "put them on top of each other" - but your problem you can be solved by the standard lever script.

It is quite easy with scripting if you know a method, how to do that (and some patience to get use to that code). But we forget about that...

Because - I found something you will love!

So stay with me:

Actually I wanted to explain to you in detail how to write such a script and what it means... but I can give you a "cowboy" method (British meaning):

Go to your Papyrus-Script-Manager and type in the upper filter: Default <- This are all really cool scripts you can use.

One of them is called "DefaultActivateLinkedRefonceonDeath" <- and does exactly what you need....

Now you have a problem we want 10 doors and not one.... ;)

The trick is the so called TrapLinker <- The TrapLinker is a reference that works like a switch, between your doors and your character.

So your linked Reference can be a TrapLinker (or a lever hidden in your level). Pros using the TrapLinker, we are pros now.

What to do with that? First put that script on your draugr. Now go to Activator -> Search field: type" Link" -> Get that blue L in your level.

Select all portcullis doors and hit the minus key on your keyboad. Look for Activate Parent and the lower field you select the Traplinker in

your render-view. (you can btw. even put a random timer on any door - what is really awesome so not all doors open at once - you can manipulate that later manually otherwise).

Now link your Draugr to the Traplinker (guess it should be linked ref and not activate parent, because we trigger that via script).

Go in game and kill your Draugr - it should fire up the (invisible) TrapLinker and open the doors.

IF NOT - forget all the stuff I said about pros - and you did like it is written here(!!!) - get a lever between the Draugr<->TrapLinker<->PortCullis connection.

That works 100%.

Edited by Munin
  • Upvote 4

• 8 months later...

Munin,

I just registered an account here to thank you for this quick and dirty guide about how to have a door open on the death of an actor. You have no idea how long I've toiled in the CK trying to get things to work, and this worked after only four attempts of fiddling with LinkedRef orders and whatnot.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1