DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Help for a newbie please?

Bethra

I've just started learning a few bits and bats about modding, and have found lots of excellent information here and other places which I have enjoyed learning. But one silly thing has totally baffled me. I've been playing with a couple of mods in game from other modders which have really nice things like extra potion bottles and different flowers etc, some of which I would love to use. I have found the modders resources in nexus and downloaded one or two of them to a folder on my pc - but i haven't the faintest idea how to use them, how to get them into my existing game or how to put them into a new mod either for myself or (at some extremely later date after I am old and grey and hairless through having torn most of it out in frustration) for release.

I realise there must be something I have missed seeing.....

Could someone save me from terminal baldness (I'm already grey) and point me in the direction of a 'how to' please?

Would be very grateful

Bethra

Welcome to TESA.. I think you've found the place you've been looking for. My recommendation would be to start here ..... CK Basics Classes Rider takes you through using the creation kit and creating your own mod. Along the way there are tutorials on how to add resources to your mods so that you can use/see them ingame.

Thanks for the welcome. :) I have been following that course, keep deleting my attempts and starting over :lol: but have been enjoying it, it was for landscaping the outside of one of my attempts that I was trying to find some way to add something a bit different. :)

If you are taking the courses and are having a problem just post a note in the Study Hall or in the class section where you are having trouble. Rider is really helpful with the students. If you aren't talking the class officially then you should post your questions in the Study hall and Rider or someone else will gladly help.

Here's a couple of tutorials that applied to Oblivion and the process is basically the same in Skyrim. There maybe some exceptions but overall I think they will help.

WillieSea's - "Using Resources in Your Own Mod" -Here

InsanitySorrow's - "Using External Resources: The Basics" - Here