DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Day&Night Light

terzer

Hello, I'm new to Skyrim modding and I read many tutorials, but I have a problem.

I'm making a house with a beautiful night lighting (torches, candles). However they shine also in daylight. I found a script, which controls it ( Link ), I created it (copy/paste),but then I don't understand how to connect the marker (also which marker?) with the lights. I experimented with Active Parents and Enable Parent tabs in the options, but then in game the light doesn't show up at all.

Can anybody guide me how to link the lights?

Thank you!

I'm not completely sure, but if you've made the script, would you not double click and pull up the reference window for each light object (not the physical candles but the light bulb objects you put in with them) and then under the very last tab called "scripts" in the reference window add the script you made?

Yes, I added the script to the light bulbs (I'm not connecting the physical candles and torches with the light markers) but in game the light doesn't show up, day nor night. In the creation kit render the light is shining. When I connect in Active Parents 2 lights, both of them doesn't shine in game.

If you want - though I'm no genius - I could make an attempt to make one myself, should it work I'll mail you the .esp so you can look at it, if I can't then more veteran modders will probably have their solutions at hand to help you :)

Update: I linked them however the script may well be the issue? As none of the lights switched off including the parent light.

Edited by DarknessArisen

The very first script tutorial goes into how to link your 'in game' objects to your script.

You would need to link to your 'light' objects. But if you have candles, you would have lit candles with no light.

So then you would need to place two candles, one lite, and one off. Then enable or disable each, depending on the state of the light emitting object. (Usually the lightbulb marker)