DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creating Skyrim Armor in Blender Tutorial Series

Hanaisse

• 1 month later...

First thing first this is a simply amazing tutorial. But I've got one simple (and probably stupid) question:

Does an "_0" armor require a clean "_0" skeleton and also "_1" armor a "_1" skeleton?

I'm working on melding the savior's hide and cultist robes but I started with "_1" by accident and I can't load a clean "_1" skeleton to save my life...but "_0" skeleton was clean first try.

I´m attaching the armor in nifskope : https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t35.0-12/11204822_920832464628469_1075804210_o.jpg?oh=027951178a892547f40f438b4a461c0e&oe=554A8CFE&__gda__=1430881101_29735f7f967ae5717b82e614302455ac

As you can see on the armo mesh it has two SBP_32_TORSO (originally BP_TORSO just renamed) and it is made up of two items in blender I joined them with ctrl +J so it was one mesh maybe this could be the problem? And one thing, the armor when I first opened it in nifskope exported from blender it had already 3 BStexturesets that I just linked to created BSlightingshaderproperties (actually just copied from original armor mesh) so that´s that. Thanks for help.

Looking at that I can immediately see it's wrong. The two SBP_32_Torso's is the least of your problems.

You seem to have two different skeletons in your mesh. You should only ever have one skeleton, the very first (top) NiNode in the block list, and all your bones and NiTriShapes under it. From that picture you have a top level NiNode and that NiNode named bodyfur:000 under it.

What exactly did you try to join? You should not join a body and the armor.

Make sure you are joining pieces that are not yet weight painted or rigged. This is causing the confusion. Always clean each mesh as you import it to remove the parent skeleton and vertex groups. Work on clean meshes then do the weights and rigging last.

Hello, I am new to modding skyrim and have been looking for a good tutorial for refitting, altering and creating armor in skyrim.

I was just wandering if this tutorial is still up to date? I noticed it was posted back in 2012 and want to be sure all the information is accurate and relevant still (such as the Nifscope version to be used ect)

Thank you!

@MarekkC, no, that is still incorrect. There are still 2 skeletons in that mesh. At this this point it's probably best to start over. When you import parts, make sure to clean out the old skeleton and the rigging before you begin working on editing the meshes (or joining meshes in your case). When you re-weight paint, make sure you're copying from the same source to each piece.

@Zchu; Hi, welcome to TESA. :)  Hm, actually, the nifskope version is out of date. It's now up to 1.1.3. Otherwise yes, the rest stands.

Ehm...sorry, it´s me again still the same problem even now I was very careful and made sure twice that I cleaned the mesh and everything, but it seems I just can´t join the meshes and make them separate, do you think that this is relevant and can help me?