DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] OnHit Weapon Summon woes

Chiefsoap

Hello folks,

I wanted to add an on hit summon effect to a non-staff weapon. I would attack an NPC, hit them, summon an atronach; and have the atronach attack the NPC as I attack it. In the CK I made a new actor as my atronach. I used the standard atronach template however I removed all Factions and added in a faction of my own that included the "Player" as the ally, I even made a parent/child relationship in the Relationships category. I used this atronach NPC as part of my magical effect, I added the magical effect to an enchant, and than I added the enchant to a sword. I can hit NPC's and summon the atronach however; the atronach won't stop attack me. It's like the AI thinks I'm the enemy and the enemy is the ally. I really have no idea what's going on...or how to fix it to make it work properly.

That said - I would like

Summon Atronach on hit

• Player hits NPC
  • Sword player is using has 15% chance of summoning an atronach to assist the Player in combat
  • Sword player is using has a 30 seconds cooldown period before the sword can summon another atronach
  • Summoned atronach shall be summoned for 30 seconds

Thanks a ton for any help on the atronach because I've really been slamming my head on this one. I often wonder if there's a bug in the game that prevents the item I created from working properly

Note: I can confirm that I have the same issue when I start a new game and I have the appropriate factions on the factions tab of the NPC I summoned. So at this point I'm pretty stumped.

Also I'm not referencing the OnHit object reference...if anyone was wondering. I literally mean - when I hit an NPC with my sword

Update: It appears to be related from the time I hit an NPC to the time I summon my atronach. I went ahead for giggles and tried to summon Lydia when I hit a giant (for example) with my sword w/ the enchant and she was also aggressive. It's like the faction isn't taking hold...

Edited by Chiefsoap

You know, now that I think about it more, I seem to remember there is a game bug with of the functions that place actors. Where the faction information is dropped. I can't really remember the details though.

What script function are you using to summon the creature?

You know, now that I think about it more, I seem to remember there is a game bug with of the functions that place actors. Where the faction information is dropped. I can't really remember the details though.

What script function are you using to summon the creature?

I'm not using a script for it...yet. I couldn't get any script to work properly with a summon, I just slapped a summon spell on a sword through the CK.

Edited by Chiefsoap