DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

New to Papyrus, several questions.

Arkharius

Hello everyone, first post here

I'm new to Papyrus and not that skilled in the TESCK yet, but well versed in other editors and languages.

I bumped into several issues while trying to create small quest line, and was hoping that you could help me.

I'll list the issues:

- I've copied a few magic caster turrets from the trap warehouse, one with button activation and one with triggerbox activation, but neither of them spawn with a soul gem and thus do not work, why does this happen?

- I'm attempting to create a timed trap where the following happens:

When you enter the trigger box two portcullises close and a timer starts.

Every X seconds a fire sprout turns on.

When 3-4 rotating puzzle stones are set to the correct combination, the trap stops.

I'm good at scripting and have gotten the timing and triggering to work, but i cannot get the portcullises or fire sprout traps to react to my script, i have tried to .Activate() them but it does not seem to have any effect.

I hope i've phrased this right and placed in in the correct subforum, thanks for your help in advance.

Spawning them may not setup the links from the 'trigger zone' to the 'trap object' so they will not react.

The fire and portcullises also have scripts on them, and depending on how that script is activated which activates the fire or port, will depend on how you need to activate them from your script.

You may have to link to them using parentage.

• 2 weeks later...

Also I hear it's a really bad idea to actually directly copy anything from any other part of the game (if that's what you did).  You should duplicate the item to create a separate editor ID and put this now unique item where you want it.  The soulgems themselves are also separate items (I assume) and not part of the trap and will have to be placed separately (because they're removable when you encounter them in-game).

Edited by Vain

Actually, its best to NOT create new objects.

The traps will 'usually' not work if you 'copy and paste' them.

They will work if you drag each object from the Object Window and drop it in the Render window, and then link them up properly.

Also, trigger zones do not always work on cardinal angles. (0, 90, 180, 270) Turn then 1 degree any direction.