DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

A Punk'n Pumpkin Hiya!

PunkN

I think it's been about a week since I joined the Alliance, so pardon my scattered brain... I should've introduced myself at the start.  Better late than never, I suppose...

Howdy-Dudes!

I'm Annie (aka Punk'n)... I look forward to chatting with everyone and making some new buds!  I'm __ years old going on 21 (again), a mother of 2 amazing teenage boys and a great step-son, a tattoo artist --- going on 16 years this July --- and create functional art with bones (yes real bones - all gotten humanely and legally - inspired by the shrines in the Roman Catacombs) and once a year donate one piece for auction to Karmanos, I collect books (in game and real life), hunt, camp, yadda-yadda-yadda... I'm a geek rolled into a nerd that was stuffed into a pair of boobies....

If anyone chooses, stop n say hello...maybe share a hobby or interest?

Talk to ya'll soon :good:

Well, you are welcome on TES Alliance! :D

Frankly, I didn't know we could make art with real bones; @Chrissieartois going to love you! I knew our ancestors back in the ice age made flutes using bones but that was it... :P

And... I'm not sure I ever introduced myself here because I have nothing to say about me... My only hobby is "how to learn whatever can be learnt"; I'm a bit like Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, I'm waning if I cannot use my brains on some problem or just on learning something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ladyonthemoon said:

Frankly, I didn't know we could make art with real bones

It's extremely possible lol  just last month I made a clock using fox bones (because they're small yet strong enough to hold up and retain their natural beauty), and my next project is going to be a table lamp (deer spine) lol 

I'm that fantastic combo of weird and gross...but ZERO issues from the neighborhood as a result of cleaning our deer in the open backyard. :woohoo:

• 1 month later...

I at least have the wife clean the deer out in the barn...... :)

No, I am not a hunter myself, but, a one-time neighbor would bring us deer he hit with his truck. :) He had REALLY bad luck with that truck. (and we had a lot of venison.)

@HeyYou  Of course I gut em in the woods right away, but, cleaning is best done where I can access whatever I need with a quickness... Unfortunately, that means cleaning them back home in Detroit... and back at home also means in my back yard.  (No garage) :rofl:  Maybe that's why all the neighbors love us here.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you like programming, Wing Commander, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Computer tech, or Space Exploration.....We might have somethiing in common. 

I never like getting dirty, so cleaning deer......yikes.  Its one of those things in life that I observe from the distance and pray no one is going to ask me to hold the heart

while someone else cuts into it more.

Almost forgot, I am a fan of creating new content for TESA, but have no clue (not done reading and remembering).

11 hours ago, Ashenfire said:

Well, if you like programming, Wing Commander, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Computer tech, or Space Exploration.....We might have somethiing in common. 

I never like getting dirty, so cleaning deer......yikes.  Its one of those things in life that I observe from the distance and pray no one is going to ask me to hold the heart

while someone else cuts into it more.

Almost forgot, I am a fan of creating new content for TESA, but have no clue (not done reading and remembering).

I'm definitely in 'the club' due to my deer-cleaning experiences lol!  I have an itch to learn so much - programing, coding, etc.  The problem is keeping my head in line to learn effectively; and NOT let it run wild so that I'm trying to learn 4 tutorials at once (which I've done up to this point and am still paying for it)...

I'm hoping I can upload my audio add-on mod to TESA tonight... I just hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do!

Yes, I get very enthusiastic, trying to do tutorials and easily get side tracked.  My memory sucks, however, I can stare at the projects for a few hours, or few days, then it rushes back into my head and then I don't need my tutorials for a week.  Then after a week...well I have to read all over again and read all my sticky notes and my calendars to get me back on track again.   Lets just say I can't live without electricity.

I find it easy not to remember the actual content.  I index in my mind and on sticky notes what functions are available when a certain idea of mine pops in to my head.

I am essentially telling myself what to do and how to do it and where.  ( I write programmer's notes as if they were tutorials).:girl_lol:

Example: 

When messing with NPC speech,  go to this location

When messing with dialogue, no speech, go to that location

When messing with python for books, go to another location.  (yes I have actually succeeded and wrote it down).

(Obviously my kit is not open right now and I can't remember the locations).  I am a kinestetic learner and personality, so I have to have it all open in front of me

before I have a chance of succeeding.

Ok so I don't feel so bad about having to keep a small notebook with all file destinations written down (the destinations that aren't constantly changing or temporary that is)

(((Definitely not a tiny violin moment...and I'll ignore any such comments as I'm not in need of 'em lol))) My memory is progressively degrading unfortunately.  Even at my (what is widely considered) young age, the brain is a fickle :censored: and can turn on you without the slightest inkling that she's gun'n straight for 'ya.  But, I'm not out yet...and I don't ever plan to be if I can help it.  So, to help, I keep notebooks handy for just about everything.  I want to create to my hearts content while I'm still able to create anything above the grade of 'total trash' lol

My ideas notebook is flooded with plenty of plans... my tutorial notebook is filling up steadily... my "don't forget" notebook on all things I've learned that fixes or shortcuts the CK, is empty.  Ooop...not empty anymore!  Forgot I finally added something noteworthy into it just a couple hours ago!  Woot-woot!

Wait, what were we talking about?

--- I noticed in chat that you were willing to test out that port that I've been hung up on (well...one of em anyway)...it's already uploaded to BethNet as a WIP. If you're having any trouble finding it, I only have 4 mods published, so it's easily found by searching 'PunkN' ---

Edited by PunkN
Forgot something...

Nice.  I will definitely look for it!

You should try the freeware sticky note programs that aren't from Microsloth.  They can hang on your desktop, be hidden when you don't need them, allow graphics and color codes.

They are erasable and easy to manage.  Unlike standard notebooks and sticky notes.

I built a wamp server and a website that I write my tickets on how long I worked on them, what was done to my projects, and I automate my lab utilizing my own

interactive programs.  You can say I am serious about it. 

The only tool I have to fight these memories is to learn 'processes' or indexed ideas thta will lead me to the next idea.  I am fairly good at problem solving.

My instincts and my notes help me stay caught up.  Thank goodness for my problem solving skills being able to see my shortcomings and stick to the 'processes' that I

have built for myself.  Not sure if its for help or for survival.

I got the sticky notes installed on my laptop desktop and also in OneNotebook as well... problem is they clutter up my desktop after a while to a point that sifting thru them becomes a real chore.  Unfortunately my awesome problem solving skills are only awesome when solving other peoples' problems. lol

I made a program that disperses sticky notes between computers on my lan.

No matter where in the house, I just backup the current stiicky notes, then import from the sticky repository and I never skip a beat.

It can be done lol, but anyways I was just hoping that good tidbits like you fixing the graphics / porting issue would be known to the poor newbies that will go bald in a few days trying to figure it out.

Edited by Ashenfire

LOL I think it'll be a very long time before songs are sung about my heroic CK deeds and triumph!  :rofl: But, I'll be interested to hear the song when it's written...but I'll only hear it from drunks :toast:with their noble and handy translator :wizard: