DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Activator Issues

PunkN

I'm attempting to create some custom containers using the combo of static objects with a new trigger/activator using the methods seen in many YouTube tutorials (Elianora's would be a great example) and tho I've followed the instructions to a "t", they simply will not work in-game!  In addition, the white activators for my weapon plaques are showing even tho the plaques do work.  The white marker will disappear the moment I place a weapon; only to reappear as soon as I remove it.  I FINALLY got my bookshelves working, but am now faced with this "poop"!  I'm stumped and apparently missing something --- or rather, overlooking something that shouldn't be there...or isn't there to begin with?  I don't even know where to start in the way of posting screenshots.  I took short video clips of this weirdness happening with the weapon plaques, but I'm unsure how to share those.  So, for now, I guess I'll include the steps I took in hopes that someone has a better eye than I do... because I'm just not seeing the issue no matter how clearly the issue can be seen itself.

1st) I created my "container" using static items (i.e.: soulgems in a common crate...all statics for sure)

2nd) I selected all the items that I meant to be included in this custom container and clicked on the "Trigger" button [T in the square] and selected "defaultblanktrigger" from the box --- I assigned it a unique ID

3rd) brought up the Trigger's Ref. Dialogue box and first went to tab --- "3D Data" to make sure that the annals were anything but "0" or "90" --- under "Primitive" Tab checked the flag for "Player Activation" --- lastly under "Scripts" I searched and selected "ActivateLinkedChestDummyScript" --- then clicked "OK"

4th) I located a satchel/barrel (I tried both for different "containers") and assigned them their unique/descriptive IDs once I dropped them into the render window.  From there I double-clicked the container, emptied all the auto-contents and made sure that the respawn flag was unchecked. 

5th) Then I returned to the trigger and double-clicked it, went to tab --- "Linked Refs" to create a "new" link and selected the container.  Of course, clicking "OK" when done.

Those are the exact steps that I took to create these custom containers, yet they do not work at all.  There's not even so much as a hint (like I see with the weapon plaques) that there's supposed to be a container/activator/ANYTHING there... it just shows my static objects.  Is there something I'm missing that maybe I didn't catch from the videos?  Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated!

I just had a thought... is it possible that when the CK packs files and tries to include "barreddoor" and "hardworker" scripts (I'm not looking at them directly right now, so I'm not exactly sure how they're spelled at the moment) that the scripts that seemingly have nothing to do with my activators/weapon plaques are breaking these triggers due to me removing them from the archive?  I was always under the impression that the little vanilla things that sneak their way into the archive are safe to remove before uploading the plugin.

I was attempting Eli's method (it's in one of her YouTube tutorials) because it just seemed so much easier and faster than creating Mashups in Nifskope... Plus every now and then, I'll spend HOURS on creating just one Static, only to find that it won't show up in the CK at all; it just doesn't care for any of my shenanigans I guess. So far, only one of my mashup containers continues to give me grief, which I just created a new one, because I can't really use it as an armor wardrobe if it goes all "Pinball Wizard" on me whenever I bump it. Other than that, I retextured a absolutely gorgeous bathtub in Nifskope which was anything but a "quick job"... but it wouldn't show up in the CK, and every time I tried dropping it into the RW it would either do nothing at all, freeze or crash the editor. There weren't any scripts at all attached to it. No additional anything, really. The drama kicked off full-steam the moment I clicked Open when I chose the file to add to my Statics.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, Ashenfire said:

Wow, I want to know more now.

I was thinking of learning more scripting, but being able to create new graphics for the game is also exciting.  You make me want to do it, lol!

I'd LOVE to learn scripting well enough to make any of my mashups or "in-house forms" all-the-more amazeballz!  There's SOOOO much I want to do that I just can't without proper scripts... 'n it stinks (if I do say so, myself) knowing the potential but being unable to make it come to fruition.  I just hope when the time comes that I can learn it, that I'll pick it up as easily and quickly as I've been able to in other 'departments' lol  Hopefully my bad@$$ --- 114 wpm --- High-School typing skills (thank you Mr. Graizer) will give me somewhat of an edge; although I'm doubtful.  It doesn't seem to me that it's a requirement to type everything out in a predetermined amount of time...or else EPIC fail HAHAHA  Sorry... soooo tired and brain-fried!  And, I still haven't figured out this activator thing that Eli and DF can seem to do with ease as can everyone else...but 'lil-ole-me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a hotel for our 'final destination'.  No home to live in and my 10 yr old computer (desktop) is on its last legs.  Fortunately it survived the long journey and I could haul it to the hotel room to say 'hello'. 

I am so excited about the voice actor, I have been looking for a few myself. I am getting close to creating a simple process for voice actors to follow (allows fewer samples and fewer turn around).

I thought my 75 wpm on pica and elite typewriters was great.  I never heard of 114 wpm. Yikes!  I guess I better start snorting coffee.

I can not do much while in a hotel, other than complete my automation scripts.  It could be up to 3 weeks before I can even think about modding.  My room mate wants to live in

the hotel for at least two weeks while she figures things out.

You and I have the same problem with a million ideas and scripting getting in the way.  My problem is creating new graphics and importing them.

Since I will be in this room for at least a week, if not two, I will stay in touch.  I will be around.