DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Help with meshes

Celebdea

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone with experience in meshes could help me out with a couple of meshes. I'm trying to put together a revamp of the Townsguard Armours to hopefully release as a modder's resource at some point.

The assistance I need is with a couple of meshes for females. The first mesh was released by Johnn123 as part of a mod called "Town Guard Armor Replacer" found here:

(http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/563-town-guard-armor-replacer/

In this mod the female cuirass didn't line up with the arms properly, which I'd obviously like to achieve. The mod itself can be used freely in other mods with all due credits given as far as permissions go.

The second mesh has the same problem, but is a tad more noticeable. It's the same female mesh from the mod by Johnn123 but with the arms from the male mesh. Both meshes are essentially for a female version of the Knights of the Nine Crusader Armour, which I've been looking out for for a little while now.

As far as I can determine it's the cuirass that needs to be adjusted to fit the arms, though the first mesh would need adjustments to the arms anyway as well.

Aye, I've tried to have a go myself (I've even wagged my finger at it a few times, but you know meshes) but without much success. Any assistance would be appreciated and all due credit would obviously be given. If you're willing to assist, please bear in mind that I'm unsure how to get these files to you for editing. I've already zipped them (855 Kb), but how to get them to is, well, I've never done this before, so...

Ta muchlies.

• 3 weeks later...

youre talking armor, thats pretty much the problem and the reason why you will have a hard-time finding folks helping you out no matter where you look in the webz.

actually i wast about to explain you the basics of armor-modding (i learnd the majority of what i know from the tutorials on this site btw <3 ) ... then i noticed youre not only talking armor, youre talking oblivion-armor.... which ive played, but i didnt mod back then, so i got no friggin idea what so ever, i wouldnt even know how to install a mod in oblivion. i use mods only since skyrim, and very soon after that started messing around with the game-files myself.

all i can do at this point is wish you the best of luck, i hope you get it sorted out :-)

Hiya ragna_r0k,

Thanks for the heads up about the lack of interest... I kinda figured that out a little later. Ah well. Not to worry, though; I've already sorted out the female Knights of the Nine cuirass mesh. No more gaps, yay! I decided not to bother with the other cuirass; it was essentially the KotN female cuirass with the arms of the steel cuirass, they don't really quite mesh (pun intended) and I found an alternative way as it was.

I'm going to be working on the textures next. Well, I've already started actually, but I needed a break (back & shoulder problems).

Oh, just in case you want to know; installing mods for Oblivion is very much similar to installing mods for Skyrim... both are installed in a folder named "Data"; it would appear that mods for both games can contain meshes & textures located in... "Meshes" & "Textures" ~ I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "Sound" folder too. One main difference is that Skyrim has a "Data\Scripts" folder for scripts which can be run in the game. I've only had a cursory look see, but that looks interesting. In Oblivion any scripts, either new or altered, have to be in the ESP.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit now (chuckle), so I'll just say thank you for your comments and good luck with your modding adventures with Skyrim.

• Thanks 1