DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Tech Support] Sitewide Update 2022

DarkRider

Hail Alies,

If you stopped by TESA earlier today you may have found the site down with a fatal error. There may have been hacker activity at the root cause. We've been trying to restore the site but the only way to bring her back online was to update the entire site blind. Things are pretty broken still, but I'm going to leave the site up for now, and try to just restore customizations and functionality on the live board. That means you can still access the site but things are going to be broken, or look weird for a bit while I track down and fix all the issues. Tutorials are currently offline requiring a 3rd party update, the chatbox is also experiencing some hiccups. There are some skin issues sitewide. The construction hats will stay on the logo for now until I've sorted all the issues I can find. You may use this thread to report issues you encounter, most things should resolve in within the next week or so though and I will try to keep downtime to a minimum. :construction:

If you would like to assist the site financially during this upgrade (several things need renewal to update, including base skins) you can send funds via PayPal @dgsNickMac or use webmaster@tesalliance.org any help with this aspect would be greatly appreciated, I didn't have total site upgrade on my birthday wishlist :rofl:

Apologies for the dust, I will try to use this time to activate some new features as well to bring TESA happily into 2022, thank you for your patience and support.

-DarkRider :salute:

Chatbox is functioning again, still needs some reskinning and I've upgraded us to Chatbox+ so we'll have some new features coming online for folks who love chatting. :D

Looks like a new skin is probably the best way to approach fixing a LOT of the theme based errors so I'll be updating the skin tomorrow that should sort a lot of what's broken. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

The Chatbox is not showing when I first come to the home page, but after viewing a thread and then navigating back by clicking a link to the home page, its appears.  (it did not so appear when I navigated back with the Back arrow, both these results with limited sampling)

This is very simiilar to an issue with the jukebox over a the year or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not know if anyone else here uses Firefox, but on my browser the links at the top about about 95% hidden under the the FireFox toolbars.  I can just barely touch the bottom of them with the cusor.  Been that way since the tinkering began. 

Edited by LeftyScaevola

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed, maybe it will help

Navigation bar shows  https://tesalliance.org/forums/ ,  no chatbox or juckbox

when it shows http://tesalliance.org/forums/, or tesalliance.org/forums/, I do see the chatbox and jukebox

Clicking on the TES Alliance logo at the top is currently the easiest way to get to the http version with the chatbox

Edited by LeftyScaevola

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Life continues to derail my free time, now in a custody fight to keep my kids and working but I’ve finished updating the board should be able to bring it live soon. Hoping to have some time Friday/Saturday. Thanks for bearing with all this disruption on the site for so long. Will update here if we’re expecting downtime but so far I’m planning to update on a live board :salute:

• Love This 1

when I try to look at some threads, eg Mods & Recommendations, I get this error

[[Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by LeftyScaevola

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Doesn't show up on the main page any more, and even if you go to the "Chat" link, the chat box doesn't appear to work. Gonna drop another line to DR, and see if it is any more successful. As he hasn't been here since June 13th though, and my previous messages haven't attracted any attention, I am not holding my breath.