DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

In Game Music - Do you personalize?

WhoGuru

I got tired a while ago of hearing the same vanilla tracks over and over in my game and, finding out I could add virtually any MP3's I wanted, went a bit nuts and added in my own tracks!

Do you personalize your playlist? Or stick to the vanilla music? Or are you one of those people who kills the music altogether to better immerse yourself?

Mine consists of some of Oblivion's vanilla music

Many of the ambient tracks from Morrowind. I love hearing those while exploring!

Tracks from Final Fantasy games VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X2 and XII

A couple tracks from Halo for exploration and Battle.

Some music from the new Doctor Who series, lends itself brilliantly to exploration.

Epinikion's remix of Oblivion's theme - OMG Epic Boss battle music!!!

And quite a bit of music borrowed from my Black Mages albums.

:pints:

So, what do you use?

As soon as I found out you COULD add more tracks I did! My playlist consists of:

-Vanilla Oblivion Music (because you don't want it gone altogether)

-Various tracks from all 3 LOTR films

-A couple choice tracks from the film 300 (Had to delete one that was scaring the life out of me whenever it started as I exited an interior)

-Some creepy tracks from M. Night Shyamalan's The Village

-Tracks from Chronicles of Narnia

-Last but not least, my new favorite tracks from Forbidden Kingdom!  aa_biggrin.gif

[EDIT] By the way, my real life...does have a soundtrack.  aa_tongue.gif

Was just going to start this thread!!

I just found out that you could do this last night (and was up until 2 adding things)

For Towns:

I use selected tracks by Danny Elfman.  Some of the "nicer" ones :P (from Edward Scissorhands, Willie Wonka, Big Fish, and Sleepy Hollow to be exact)

I also use the "Concerning Hobbits"  track from LOTR

For Dungeons:

More Danny Elfman.. but this time from Batman Returns, Willie Wonka (think the boat ride, it's PRICELESS when in a ruin filled with goblins   :rofl:   ), and the creepy stuff from Sleepy Hollow.

i also use a track or two from the movie "The Rock",  and some LOTR stuff like "Shelob's Lair" from Return of the king and Treebeard's theme.

... I know there's more... I use tons of cave stuff.

For Battles:

A lot of the score of "Matrix Reloaded", some tracks from Kill Bill, A wonderful track from Beetlegeuse, and a uh.. track or two from the Anime "Bleach"   :pints:

For Exploring:

Here's where Howard Shore and LOTR really kicks in.. lots of Rohan themed stuff as well as the fellowship themed pieces.

Also some stuff from Afro Celt Sound System (band), The Rock, and assorted Danny Elfman (Yes, I know I love him too much   :cry:  )

The stuff I'm really trying to find more suitable music for is while in town.  

Oh and I still have all the Vanilla music running.. It meshes pretty well, actually!

EDIT: Whoguru, where do you find that remix of the theme? I'd like to give it a listen!

The music is the only thing I don't change from vanilla.  Once in a while, I'll turn it off, but it always comes back on, because to me Oblivion is a movie, of the interactive sort.  aa_biggrin.gif  And I feel like the game gods have sent the music to me, and it's beyond my control.  Messing with the music just feels wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I played without music for ages, and liked it a lot. However, I am a very music attuned person, and found the near total silence of the gameworld monotonous and artificial after a while. Now I play with a customized soundtrack, and the great mod "Immersive Combat Music" by Strategy Master. Combat music only kicks in when a baddy has taken a shot at me- and when combat tends, the track that was playing before resumes right where I left off.

My customized soundtracks has some silent mp3s tossed in so I can also just enjoy the sounds of the environment, which I've enhanced with MIS., another great mod.

:candle:

I use many soundtracks in my game.

Lord of the Rings, 13th Warrior, some Final Fantasy songs, Pirates of the Carribean (mostly for battles), the Morrowind soundtrack, Daggerfall's soundtrack, Dungeon Keeper (for dungeons), Kingdom of Heaven, Warcraft, World of Warcraft (I never played that game, but I love the soundtrack!), and many more.

I'm a game/movie soundtrack freak, you see?  :woot:

No, life does NOT have a soundtrack.
Not if you've got a mp3 player with you :woot:.

Topic: I once had around ~500 tracks in each folder, but it was a bit too much, so I've cleared them a bit and end up with around ~150 tracks in each folder. A lot of stuff is in there.

- various other game soundtracks, including The Witcher, Drakensang, Neverwinter Nights 2, Might and Magic 6, Sacred 2, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Two Worlds, Dungeon Siege 2, Jade Empire, Daggerfall. And a few I forgot.
- various movie soundtracks, including Lord of the rings, Merlin, some of Ennoi Morricone's work.
- songs from various bands, including Apocalyptica, Therion, Blind Guardian, Battlelore and some more obscure ones. Mostly the quieter of their songs. There's nothing better than exploring Cyrodiil while the Bard's song is playing ^^.

And this is after I've reduced my music folders' sizes!

• 2 months later...

I've pulled in the Morrowind music, and some stuff out of The Witcher and Baldur's Gate 1+2.

The silent tracks idea is cool, I may try that at some point. How difficult is it to string the silent mp3 files that come with Gecko into one much longer one?

• 3 months later...

I use lots of tracks from different sources.

I use game tracks from:

Castlevania, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metroid Prime 1 2 & 3, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Some Morrowind tracks.

I use movie/TV tracks from:

LOTR, The Matrix, Indianna Jones, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Stargate and Babylon 5.

Other music tracks:

The Mass by Era

Celtic Book of Days by David Arkenstone

Reign of the Septims Remix - Epinikion

Chronicles of Narnia

Oomph!(2 ambient songs that are really awesome)

Tinariwen

LoTR

BattleStar Galactica

Primo Victoria (The song, and only for special occasions. :rofl:)

Final Fantasy

Pokemon Remixes

So, pretty much the same thing you guys use. Because I'm original.

Really? I mean really? You know Doctor Who? :huh: You are now on my favoritest person list. :cookie:

I'm a HUGE Doctor Who fan! laugh.gif I've been watching it for about 20 years. I love the show. When I heard they were reviving it, I went :D . The only problem I have with DW is that I can't decide who my favorite Doctor is. :D

I'm a HUGE Doctor Who fan! laugh.gif I've been watching it for about 20 years. I love the show. When I heard they were reviving it, I went :D . The only problem I have with DW is that I can't decide who my favorite Doctor is. :D

AHH! :huh: Me too! I started watching when I was 6! :cookie: Damn nice to meet a classic fan! :wub: So many Who fans I run into have only seen the new series. Oh the wonderfullness they're missing.

AHH! :D Me too! I started watching when I was 6! :huh: Damn nice to meet a classic fan! :cookie: So many Who fans I run into have only seen the new series. Oh the wonderfullness they're missing.

You said it! :D I've seen more of Tom Baker than any of the others, but he was the Doctor for seven years! ohmy.gif No one else lasted that long. Oh, hey! As a fellow Who fan, you might find this site interesting. They don't have anything on the new Doctor (Matt Smith) yet, but they've got everything on the others. Hmm... Matt Smith as the new Doctor. Would have been funny if his first name was John. laugh.gif

You said it! :D I've seen more of Tom Baker than any of the others, but he was the Doctor for seven years! ohmy.gif No one else lasted that long. Oh, hey! As a fellow Who fan, you might find this site interesting. They don't have anything on the new Doctor (Matt Smith) yet, but they've got everything on the others. Hmm... Matt Smith as the new Doctor. Would have been funny if his first name was John. laugh.gif

:cookie: Bookmarked. And Tom Baker is my favorite. :D I have a 13 foot scarf...and a Sonic Screwdriver. :huh: oh and psychic paper. LOL Not to mention my favorite necklace...a classic Tardis key. :wub: