DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] A Brotherhood Renewed

Arthmoor

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect. Those are great. Was able to do a slight bit of cleanup on the red speckles by cutting bits out of the original texture to cover those over. It came out good in nifskope, just need to grab a shot in-game. Wish I'd saved at the same position the gallery shot is in :D

• 2 weeks later...

Still plugging away. Remind me never to get too crazy with Ayleid ruin dungeons again - the perfectionist in me keeps finding little bits to mess with!

Outlines for the quests are written up now. I think I'll get the IC and Anvil stuff done and in place before running off to build another one.

StarX: Was wondering if there was any word on the tattered versions of the DB black hand banner?

Still plugging away. Remind me never to get too crazy with Ayleid ruin dungeons again - the perfectionist in me keeps finding little bits to mess with!

Outlines for the quests are written up now. I think I'll get the IC and Anvil stuff done and in place before running off to build another one.

StarX: Was wondering if there was any word on the tattered versions of the DB black hand banner?

Hey Arthmoor, I'm sorry for the lack of info, I haven't done any modding in the last few days. But I haven't forgotten it! So that will be the first thing to do when I have some modding time the coming week.

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go: DOWNLOAD

The folder structure of the texture is set to textures\architecture\cheydinhal\darkbrotherhood. This way the dds named darkbrotherhoodtapestry01_damaged will share the normalmap with the normal tapestry, which will reduce file size a little. Place the mesh in any folder you like.

Cheers!

EDIT: reuploaded file with correctly named DDS and added the right texture path to the NIF.

The interior for Leyawiin hasn't been done yet. I haven't got anything special planned there other than what's been described on the first post. A basement leading off to the sanctuary underneath Greyland, perhaps into a hidden cave or part of a ruin or something. There's also the one in Bravil that was going to be nothing fancy since it's more or less a freebie. Or you could bug Manni and see if he'll let you do one of the two he's reserved. Chorrol is spoken for though.

Ok, I'll take the Leyawiin one, please. I'm thinking of a trap door into a basement, and a secret door to an ayleid ruin, maybe with a cave tunnel to the chapel undercroft? I'll also disable the respawn on Kylius Lonnavo's marauder accompise.

Do you want a ruined version too? Also, I'll add in basic NPCs (just faces, inventories, AIs but no dialogue) if thats OK.

EDIT: actually, it'll probably be easier to get rid of the marauder, as it's a huge levelled list enemy, this would be a shame as it makes the quest a little too easy and it makes it a little less realistic, as it is unlikely he would run a skooma ring alone, and the guard mentions his lookout, but oh well I suppose.

No need to get rid of the marauder, but if he's respawning even after the Greyland quest is over then make a note of that and I'll handle disabling it when the quests get tied together. Not sure why that isn't already done anyway.

If you have no plans to stick baddies inside the sanctuary there's no need for a ruined version. But if it's going to have random undead or something, best to set up a ruined version and a cleaned up version for after.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally managed to get the Ayleid ruin being used as a sanctuary done. Advice to all - don't stretch locations too large or you'll get bogged down in cluttering. Generic NPCs are only slightly less annoying but those went quickly. So a few more people to throw into the Anvil sanc and then it's on to linking these first two bits up to the over all reclamation quest. Hopefully that won't take too long since I've already jotted down some dialogue for 4 of the sites.

Hopefully folks working on sanctuaries for other cities are moving along nicely too? :wave:

You need two things:

1. The door to be opened, with an appropriate script on it.

2. The lever to pull to open the door, with its own appropriate script on it.

You need to mark the door as a persistent object, and then set the lever to have the door as its enable parent.

Look at how the Ayleid push blocks work to open things in ruins, the scripts should be reasonably obvious. Boiled down, the one on the lever will need to activate the door, and the one on the door needs to respond to being activated by the button. You could probably just use the stock scripts on your new activators without editing them even.

Progress report of sorts - I've got the quest tied in to reclaim the Imperial sanctuary. I also finally wrangled the AI for the initiation of the over all quest. I hate it when you just get some lame pop-up when loading the game so I've sent a courier out with a dispatch from Arquen to start the ball rolling. Who knew AI could be such a giant turd! Apparently the poor guy can't get out of the Cheydinhal sanctuary so I had to teleport him to an outdoor map marker nearby and then force him to evaluate his AI pack to find the player. I'm beginning to understand why Bethesda didn't do things this way with their own quests. Even when the AI works, the courier takes ages to find you and even when you're in the same cell he's prone to just standing around like an idiot. Of course, I could simply have AI overload in my game.

LOL I feel your pain on the AI. :D I have a merchant who's supposed to stand at his stall yet insists on wandering even though he doesn't have a wander package and a guard who would rather stand still than patrol. :lmao: Obviously I have more to learn.

Funny you should mention NPCs doing things they don't have AI for. One of the guys in this thing had taken to trying to wander around inside Sideways Cave. Problem was, all of his AI was specifically telling him to wander in the new sanctuary - and nowhere else. Refscope even said the only things he had were AI packs I made for him. I'm not sure why it mattered but rebuilding the bashed patch fixed him without any edits to the mod at all. And obviously there's nothing to import from this mod either so I really don't get why that mattered.