DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] A Brotherhood Renewed

Arthmoor

The Leyawiin sanctuary isjust about done, just the AI, cluttering the Greyland basement and setting up the secret door left to do. That's excluding quests and dialogue, though which I don't have the skill for. I've put in an argonian guild head who could be swapped with Scar-Tail if you want.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Anvil sanctuary is now fully complete. Cliffworms already provided a really nice location, I just needed to tie in the quest and get the NPCs in place.

Bravil is going to be done up and tied off in the next couple of days.

Dwip has a good sized chunk of Chorrol done.

Any sneak preview...? Secret information? Insider access?

Well there's been a couple of gallery images posted but I'd have to go dig up the links. They're in my gallery. Secret info wouldn't remain a secret if I posted about it :detective:

The Leyawiin sanctuary's just about done, but I thought it needed something a bit special, so I made up this little altar. It's a human heart surrounded by ice on a chapel altar, if it's alright I'll retex the altar and add a "bad guys get healed" script.

DBSLaltar.jpg?rnd=0.4070314490153958

That's cool, I like it. Not all of the shrines need to be clones of the Night Mother statue :shrug:

Don't worry about the script part, I've got a generic one for reclaimed sanctuaries and one that gets copied and modified to use for part of the quest to retake it.

Quick progress update:

Bravil and Chorrol have now been completed and tied together with the rest.

Still waiting on Leyawiin, but I'm going to start hooking up the skeleton of its quest to save some time. Since I haven't heard anything from Bruma or Skingrad, I'm going to proceed to release without them. If time permits, I may go ahead and work Bruma in myself since I've got an idea or two floating around on what to do with it now.

All of the vanilla brotherhood members who may exist due to being spared the purification through the use of other mods have been tied in now. If they're alive when the time comes to full the leadership role for their assigned sanctuary, they'll be available as a hire option.

So as soon as Leyawiin is in hand, I'll set about testing the entire flow of things to make sure it all comes off as planned. And somewhere along the way, I need a name for this thing :thumbup:

Okay, Leyawiin is nearly done, just got a little bit more work to do on one or two of the NPCs. As for a name, you could for something like "Brother's of Darkness" (an in-game book), or just some generic DB phrase like "a Kiss, Sweet Mother", or maybe something along the lines of "Dark Brotherhood: Wider Embrace" (motherly reference) Yeah, I suck at names :thumbup:

Great, and now that the ORE challenge is done, i'll get to work.

Warning, planning spoiler!

Im thinking to have the Bruma Sanctuary the home of middle class barbaric assassins who prefer the style of Gogran Gro-Bolmog mostly, and Skingrad the home of Vampires who are very sophisticated and will only accept a gold star job, to give each sanctuary a personality, Nords and Orcs in Bruma and all varieties in Skingrad, I have a backstory for both worked out, do you wan't to tell me your ideas for the Bruma sanctuary or do you wan't to add them yourself when I send them your way?

:clap:

And A Brotherhood Renewed sounds great. :)

Yes. I rather like "A Brotherhood Renewed" so I'll go with that. It's fitting.

As far as Bruma....

My idea I was tossing around was to take the small cave under the city, add a short passage to it leading to Baenlin's place. The dude you killed in Bruma on one of your early missions. His house is more or less empty and I sort of had the idea that the DB could silently take it over, using the cave as a hidden way in to avoid being seen by the city guards.

Had similar thoughts about doing the same with Lorkmir's now abandoned home in the Imperial City. Perhaps both of these could be done as later assignments after the initial sanctuaries are reclaimed.

Bruma...

So should we go for Elda or Baenlin, or perhaps both?, Edla's house could be the only "known" entrance, after clearing out the sanctuary we find the other passage going up to Baenlins basement, then we have my original idea and yours added in the mix, it would make sense that the assassin in Bruma would have an entrance, Baenlin would never have known about it and it would be forgotten, found from within the sanctuary.

There is also more than Baenlin's house though, there is J'Ghasta's house from the quest "Broken Vows", hes a speaker or silencer of the brotherhood, so now we have 3 options:

Edla, who would be preferably not involved in this I think, after all she is retired, so maybe we'll just leave her.

Baenlin, who is a good option, although his Nephew is in the way.

J'Ghasta, who would be a good option, no down side.

I'll let you pick. :)

New idea for Skingrad...

Summitmist Manor is a rather nice house, and right next to Nerasterals, we could make use of both, it would make the guards suspicious that a shady figure would enter a big haunted house like Nerasterals while the sun is shining, while it would also be suspicious if a shady figure entered a well off and big house like Summitmist Manor at night if someones living there, so we have a use for both of them:

Summitmist Manor:Make someone live there who will lock the doors at night to avoid suspicion, Fafnir would be a good choice, just someone living in their house, and Summitmist would be the day entrance, guards would not suspect a thing.

Nerasterals House:To be left alone until nighttime, Summitmist will be locked at night, and Nerasterals house would be the option to enter, would be the night entrance.

So basically your limited to entering Nerasterals at night and Summistmist at day.

Hows that?

Ooh this should help make the brotherhood seem more important to the world. The Morag Tong in Morrowind seemed much more powerful than DB did in Oblivion (and they were more powerful but still, you get the idea :clap:)

Keep it up guys :)

I like the name, it has a nice ring. As for the double entrances to the Skingrad sanctuary, I think that would be quite cool. Nerasterel's house is abandoned and Summitmist already has DB connections (we can assume the Brotherhood provided a 'venue' for the mass murder). Just giving my two cents :). The AI officially hates me and seems to get wierder every time I test it. Every time a random colection of the NPCs will follow the player around asking that they leave, even though they are not trespassing (they can wait etc.) and the practice packages don't seem to work (the NPCs just stand by the targets and swing their weapons in random directions), but the sanctuary itself is done, and I'm quite happy with it. I didn't do ayleid in the end, I thought one was probably enough so I made it fort-style. I'll have it ready soon (or very soon if I throw teddy out the pram with the AI)

Hrm. You know, I've never bothered to go back inside Baenlin's place after taking care of business there. Had no idea this Caenlin guy even existed :) Guess that's out then.

J'Ghasta's house seems like a more useful location since it's already DB related and will be more or less clear for use once he's dead. So it's probably a good idea to use his place rather than Edla's and connect any underground passages to his basement instead. I still like the idea of hijacking the existing tunnel where the Bruma spies hang out since it provides ready access outside the city walls.

As for Skingrad, what you've got there sounds good, just keep in mind that there should be no edits to the doors leading to the city itself to avoid any nasty compatibility issues. I think AI or scripting is sufficient to keep the doors locked as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting folks know this isn't dead. It is however stalled until I've got the Leyawiin content in hand.

Granted it's the holidays and all but I've never seen anyone drop off the radar this suddenly and have zero chance in 3 week's time to log on for 5 minutes even if just to say "still here, don't worry" or whatever.

I'm willing to wait until after New Years, but after that I'm going to move ahead with things even if that means building Leyawiin content for it myself because this thing has been stalled out long enough and I know I for one would like to see this get released.