DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bookworm's Library

WhoGuru

Okay, best ending to a book that I ever have read, was that of David Gemmell's Waylander books: (David Gemmell is a fiction writer, swords and magic style).

Waylander

Waylander II: In the Realm of the Wolf

Hero in the Shadows

By the and of the third book....all i can say it the most Ive ever felt for a character and was simply amazing, the only book that has ever made my eye mist up. I have read some of his books, love most of them simply because each character is very unique and you never know how the story will end up.

His other books are also really good (his first 'Legend' is just as good), but personally the character of Waylander, and how he slowly changes over the books makes them my favorites.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-snip-

Thanks for the suggestion :D I'll check that out once I'm done with the one I'm reading now.

I'm reading Columbine right now, usually not my type, but the author himself, Dave Cullen, visited my school recently (so awesome) so I bought a signed paperback. It's actually pretty revealing to what really happened (even though I was too young to remember any of it). Gives me a whole other perspective on killers in general. It's interesting to see how everyone else dealt with the tragedy differently too. And it is very similar to In Cold Blood actually, so if you liked that you should give Columbine a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished reading the first two books in The Rain Wild Chronicles by Robin Hobb. Epic novels about dragons, but with a twist. I had a tear in my eye at the end of the second book which was just released this year so I hope there's going to be another. Her whole series of novels are brilliant.

Terry Pratchett is another favourite. I never get sick of the Discworld. I love the British humour. It's so sad he has Alzheimer's Disease and there probably won't be any more.

Years ago I used to hang out for every book by Piers Anthony, especially the Xanth series. They are tongue in cheek, funny, full of puns and not meant to be taken seriously, but after 30 or so novels it gets to be the same after awhile.

Stephen King and Dean Koontz used to be on my top 10 list but they've both lost their edge I think. The last few novels by both didn't grab me at all.

Other than those anything by David Gemmell, Terry Brooks, Clive Barker, China Mielville and most other fantasy and horror authors.

I confess I haven't read Terry Goodkind yet, but I do have a couple of his books. From what I've read on the Internet the TV series didn't do them justice so I must get around to reading them.

I'll start off shall I? XD

My favorite series of books are the Pern Novels by Anne McCaffrey. My mother gave me a copy of the Dragonriders of Pern when I was 11 and I remember thinking 'wow, it's huge! I'll never read it'. :yes: I didn't touch it for a few months, then picked it up and read the entire thing, all three books, in two days. I still have that copy, tattered and battered as it is. A hard cover gone to soft cover with age. LOL

I'm also a fan of the Shanarra novels by Terry Brooks. I just suck those things up every time he releases one. The latest series with the Jerle Shanarra and the Ilse Witch were just amazing!

OHHHH!!!!! The pern novels! :P only read the one but still it was pretty darn awesome! My favourite books are the Roman series by Simon Scarrow Marco and Cato have some good laughs I have to say

I confess I haven't read Terry Goodkind yet, but I do have a couple of his books. From what I've read on the Internet the TV series didn't do them justice so I must get around to reading them.

Well worth the read in my opinion, I enjoyed them very much. Never watched the series, but the books certainly can't be blamed for what was done to them. :)

WT