DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bookworm's Library

WhoGuru

Oh I haven't read that yet! And I adore the Sharpe's novels and movies. :hugs: I'll have to pick that one up! Thanks for the idea Stoney!

Cornwell has written a few series about this era,I`ve only started reading the Warlord Chronicles but I think I`ll be tracking down the rest.Ebay is ideal for books :dizzy:

Anyway these are his medieval series.

The Warlord Chronicles

The Grail Quest

The Saxon Stories

He`s also done an American Civil War series

The Starbuck Chronicles

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite books are the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, by J.R.R Tolkien.

I really like all of Tolkiens work! :D (The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, Tolkiens Unfinished tales)

I've never been pulled into a world as much as I got pulled into Middle Earth! (I love that world... :dizzy: )

Well, it's not only my favorite books, it's the only books I ever read! :hugs:

Kinda strange really, since they are so huge books, and I've never managed to read through any other book, even tough they were like 1/5 of Tolkiens books... :)

Oo the Grail quest! I have to read that Stoney! And I had no idea he did a Civil War series! :dizzy: I do love that mans writing!

Zaldir, the LotR books are the only ones my hubby ever reads! And he reads them over and over and never gets tired of them. :hugs:

• 1 month later...

Hm let's see. I've read so many books, but to list a particular favorite:

A Song of Ice and Fire. I believe HBO is making a series based on the books.

I also have to admit that I have read World War Z twice now! I love zombies!

Holy crap that's weird. I saw this thread, and I was about to post that I'm reading World War Z and I see this laugh.gif . It is a good book! Though, still not addicting as other books I have read.

I'm reading through the Paksenarrion novels by Elizabeth Moon again at the moment. ;) Unpacking all my books and organizing them again, I started reading while I was at it. Couldn't help myself. So what should have taken a couple hours took two days. :P Lord but I love these books. Fantastic fantasy novels.

• 2 weeks later...

To name my favorite book, that is not an easy task. Tolkien's masterpieces, the epic story of the Shannara, Herbert, Bradbury, the saga of Thomas Covenant and least not the Dragonriders of Pern. I could also make mention of the old Sanctuary series, Elminster and the multitude of Forgotten Realms books. But to name one then it shall be, the Deaths God's Citadel by Juanita Coulson. It was one of the first books I got from a great little used bookstore about 30 years ago. But it has that one outstanding quality that most ever book that has been listed here has. And that is the basic concept of good vs evil and the writer makes you choose a side for better or worst. :wave:

• 4 months later...

I've started reading Terry Goodkind's "The Sword of Truth" series this week. Halfway through the third book now and :wub: These books are amazing! I'd seen the first few episodes of the series before I read them and thought it was kind of lackluster and cheesy. Having read the first book now, I despise the series. :) I can't believe how they mangled such a fantastic and powerful story! :grr:

Goodkind's Sword of Truth series and Brooks' Shannara series are nearly identical plot-wise.

Personally, I like The F**k Up by Arthur Nersesian (am I allowed to use that here, when the swear is the proper name of the book?), Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, The Alien Chronicles (three books) by Deborah Chester, and the early Xanth novels by Piers Anthony.

Well if Manga is to be considered then...

my favorites would have to be

Rozen Maiden

Chobits

Chibi Vampire

Pixie Pop

(and a few others that I can't list here due to content)

As for actual books, not so much, but I do have a few I enjoyed

Wizards First Rule (I'm currently looking for this, so I can finish it :grr: )

Jurassic Park Series

I guess that's it, oh RL Stines Books (Can't think of the name of them though, lol)

• 4 weeks later...

oh RL Stines Books (Can't think of the name of them though, lol)

Goosebumps! :)

My favourite series as a kid.

I am currently reading The Road. Simply excellent. Very tense and depressing atmosphere. I feel bad for the father and the kid, stucked in a post-apocalyptic USA wasteland, trying to survive with nothing.

After The Road, I'll go grab some Lovecraft and Poe at the library.

Ahh.. if only I had a personal library room such as this in which to read my books! It's actually a dream of mine to have such a room in my house. XD

Books I can talk about.. lets see

Lotr and the Hobbit- read these in middle school, very good books like anyone's said. I haven't ready anything from Lovecraft, but since Tolkein and Lovecraft apparently knew each other I'd suggest those as well.

Shanarra series- good books, I was surprised when I read them.. Black unicorn got me to read it almost zealously.

Anne Rice- Good author, and far better than twilight, at least the vamps don't sparkle or glitter.

Andrejz Sapkowski- The Witcher series, The Last Wish and Blood of elves are the only two in english right now. Both very good books, very mature and well written, the themes in it are worth looking at. Very complex but enjoyable.

Frankenstein- As much as I hated reading the book, there are several complex things that are presented into the story. This stems mostly to human nature.

I have more books.. just can't think of authors >.<

Poets: William Blake, Robert Frost, Edgar Allen Poe three great names.

For those of you who like fantasy, I highly recommend anything by Guy Gavriel Kay, a Canadian author. His standalone book Tigana remains one of my favorites. He wrote a Tolkien homage, the Fionavar Tapestry, which I loved. (He worked on Tolkien's estate, with his son, on the Silmarillion). His later stuff - Lions of Al-Rassan, The Sarantine Mosaic, Song for Arbonne - all terrific. His early stuff is more pure fantasy, the later books are almost an alternate history type of fantasy - sort of reminds you of our own ancient history... yet not. He's a really good writer. :yes:

For those of you who like fantasy, I highly recommend anything by Guy Gavriel Kay, a Canadian author. His standalone book Tigana remains one of my favorites. He wrote a Tolkien homage, the Fionavar Tapestry, which I loved. (He worked on Tolkien's estate, with his son, on the Silmarillion). His later stuff - Lions of Al-Rassan, The Sarantine Mosaic, Song for Arbonne - all terrific. His early stuff is more pure fantasy, the later books are almost an alternate history type of fantasy - sort of reminds you of our own ancient history... yet not. He's a really good writer. :wave:

OoooO Sweet! I was just looking for something new to read! :thumbup: Thanks Lady! These sound fantastic!