DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Bookworm's Library

WhoGuru

Anyone like sci-fi books?

I read 2001: A Space Odyssey and am almost finished with 2010, both are great books.

Heard of a lot of good books here, I'll have to search the library soon aa_biggrin.gif . Speaking of libraries, never work at one, unless you have an obsession with the alphabet. The most boring thing in my life (I have to volunteer for some school thing).

I do love sci fi books as well! Anne McCaffrey has a great series called the Power that Be and the Sassinak series as well. Fantastic stories that I adore because the hero is a girl! Very hard to find true heroines in books. :lmao: That are written well.

Want an amazing, thought provoking sci fi book to read? Look for The Dragon's Egg That book is one of my all time favorite hard core sci fi's. It's a fascinating read!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love sci fi books as well! Anne McCaffrey has a great series called the Power that Be and the Sassinak series as well. Fantastic stories that I adore because the hero is a girl! Very hard to find true heroines in books. :lmao: That are written well.

Want an amazing, thought provoking sci fi book to read? Look for The Dragon's Egg That book is one of my all time favorite hard core sci fi's. It's a fascinating read!

Hmm interesting, I think I'll have to check out this Anne McCaffrey you're raving about :P (lol idk saw a yoda emoticon and had to use it)

Dragon's Egg looks cool too.

Hmm interesting, I think I'll have to check out this Anne McCaffrey you're raving about :lmao: (lol idk saw a yoda emoticon and had to use it)

Dragon's Egg looks cool too.

You will love the Pern novels I'm sure. Intelligent dragons on an alien world with a skyborne menace. :P They're wonderful.

and yes...Yoda rules. :lmao:

I have many favorites, some already mentioned, I'd say my current favorites are the Dark Materials trilogy (most of you will be familiar with the first book the Golden Compass). Strangely, the book is marketed toward kids, but I've found it rather inappropriate in places for children. The themes are very dark and most of it I wager is over the heads of young readers! :smug:

I have many favorites, some already mentioned, I'd say my current favorites are the Dark Materials trilogy (most of you will be familiar with the first book the Golden Compass). Strangely, the book is marketed toward kids, but I've found it rather inappropriate in places for children. The themes are very dark and most of it I wager is over the heads of young readers! :smug:

I really do need to read those. I keep meaning to grab them next time I'm at the library and then I never remember when I'm there. :smug: Scatter brained as usual.

Any story, short or long, by Ray Bradbury or Harlan Ellison makes me tingle with glee.

Foundation Trilogy! That hurts so good. But why could I read Asimov and not Herbert? Why can't I read Dune?

My favorite poet is e. e. cummings.

Any story, short or long, by Ray Bradbury or Harlan Ellison makes me tingle with glee.

Foundation Trilogy! That hurts so good. But why could I read Asimov and not Herbert? Why can't I read Dune?

My favorite poet is e. e. cummings.

Dune is a wonderful book! All the Dune novels actually! They can be a bit hard to read though. LOL Frank is verbose!

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series, Lord of The Rings series, The Dark Tower series and Gabriel Allon series :rofl:

I know, I have a mixed taste don't I? :simba:

Mixed taste in books is a good thing in my opinion. XD Gabriel Allon, I'm not familiar with that one! I'm getting lots of new reading material from this thread! LOL

I actually have a copy of Dune on my shelf... just need to read the darned thing! :D

Yes you do!! It's wonderful! :hugs: Actually, the recent TV movies made about the books are actually FABULOUS!! They really follow along with the novels SO much more faithfully than the unfortunate David Lynch film in '84. :rofl: Did have Patrick Stewart in it though so it's hard to hate it. LOL

I think that's the missus' conundrum: "bah, it's Dune! But it has Patrick Stewart and Kyle MacLachlan in it! But it's Dune. But ..."

That's it exactly!! More like "It's David Lynch's frankenstein Dune! But it's Patrick Stewart and Kyle MacLachlan!!" :hugs: Such a conundrum! To suffer or not to suffer just for the drooltastic cast. Bah.

yes anyone who hasn't absolutely MUST read the His Dark Materials trilogy... awesome. I aggree with DarkRider, a lot of it is above little ones heads but most of it can be read out loud and just skip a few segments and when they're older they can read the whole thing.

I would suggest the Bartimeaus Trilogy... one of the very few actually unique fantasy novels.

Pacific Morrowind

Oh I love Ray Bradbury's work! Good author he is :hugs:

Yes!! I adore Bradbury! He's an old favorite! Martian Chronicles is always a fun read!

Grondy, ever read Medea? It's actually a compilation novel with every chapter being written by a different author, including Harlan Ellison. Actually I think the whole idea was his to begin with. It's a fantastic read!!

I love the lord of the rings and harry potter books. :clap:

Oh yes! Good choices both! :clap: The Harry Potter novels are my favorite I'm bored and don't know what to read books! LOL I rarely get tired of reading them even though I've read them all several times. They're terrific stories.

Yes!! I adore Bradbury! He's an old favorite! Martian Chronicles is always a fun read!

Grondy, ever read Medea? It's actually a compilation novel with every chapter being written by a different author, including Harlan Ellison. Actually I think the whole idea was his to begin with. It's a fantastic read!!

Medea? Not that I remember. I'll head to the library soon, for some of these titles you all have exalted sound great to me. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

I started reading Dune. I didn't like it at first but once I read a bit more into it I liked it. A lot of politics it seems, but somehow I still like it :P

Oh Dune is very politics heavy! Actually, it'd be more accurate to say intrigue heavy. :clap: So brilliantly written all around. I get something new from it every time I read it.