DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[REQz] Sign + Food bowl models

Arthmoor

Hoping to get a hand from someone who can hack up signs, and possibly come up with something to fit a bowl of food as well.

First the sign.

I'm looking to get a sign that's a cross between the top wooden part of signwawnetinn.nif and the bottom part of SignJerallView.NIF. I tried to do some nifskope hackery to accomplish this but the hinge joint between the pieces broke, and there was an extra metal ring from the sign I didn't want. For the texture, would like to have the same color wood background with the words "The Scaly Clam" and instead of the moon+stars image, a picture of a clam. The top-left one from clams01.dds would do nicely.

Now for the bowls.

Something combining one of the existing bowl meshes with a lump that looks like stew, and another with one that looks like clam chowder. The stew is supposed to be mudcrab stew (yummy!) so it probably needs a pinkish color. Clam chowder should be straightforward I'd guess.

One other that I'm not even sure how to describe - slaughterfish surprise. Something fitting to that will be fine. This one doesn't need to be a bowl. :P

Also if possible, menu icons for the food items would be great.

I'd be greatly appreciative of any assistance I can get on this :)

got some things I need to finish up this afternoon (canning... already canned 20 jars of plum jam and got another 40-60 more to do today) and then need to finish a model for bg2408 (which is coming along beautifully). but this evening (ie 10-12pm PDT) I should be able to do those models for you. bowls will be super easy. sign will be something new... so may be a bit of learning but shouldn't be a problem.

Pacific Morrowind

np, might be getting the slaughterfish one from the other guy on BGS - seems he's not wanting to be public about it but the two bowls he provided are working great other than some weirdness with the havok. I think nifskope may have pulled one of its auto-sanitize messes again. But I can cut/paste the nodes into an unmodified base bowl and see what comes of it.

Heh, nope, he gave me the sign instead. Exactly what I wanted too. All that remains is slaughterfish surprise.

Was doing a bit of thinking on this, and rather than just another bowl of food, I was hoping to get something that resembles an actual slaughterfish missing its head, tail, and fins that also looks like it's been cooked and might be stuffed with something while sitting on the plate, ready to be eaten. Oh, yum! Hopefully that's not going to be too large to drop on a plate on a table somewhere :lmao:

here is the sign. I now understand limited hing constraints... want any difference in max/min angle from normal?

didn't do up the slaughterfish surprise; want me to? looking like a baked fish is easy; just cut the head, tail and fins off, put a slit line down the below, make a bit of stuffing look to be poking out along slit line... and rescalable so can fit on the smallest plate you can find (though that might look funny... probably best to put it on a large platter).

Pacific Morrowind

Tried to update this yesterday but the forum had a hiccup - I've got a sign already that the other guy threw together even though he'd originally said he wouldn't and it fits the purpose perfect. Though your collision on the top piece is more correct so I think I'll try and transplant that if nifskope will let me.

But the slaughterfish surprise is still needed and what you describe sounds like it'll fit what I'm looking for.

sorry for the delay, had the flu for a weekend fun, and then behind on canning and canning waits for no one (though it's actually jarring)...

Arthmoor != pesk

here it is Let me know if you want it edited at all.

The platter (and collision) is a seperate node, and is just a lengthened vanilla pewter platter as a serving dish, so if you want to use a different platter, easy to remove from the nif.

Pacific Morrowind

Actually what you have there is perfect. However the collision is not going to work like that. The item needs to be clutter droppable, and when I fixed it to become that way the two pieces separate and you end up with the pieces laying apart. So if it's at all possible, could you go ahead and make one single collision to cover the whole item? Cause it looks great and is just the right size too.

I even managed to make an icon for it after wrangling Paint.NET with a snapshot of the mesh out of nifskope :rofl:

Actually what you have there is perfect.

Great!

However the collision is not going to work like that. The item needs to be clutter droppable, and when I fixed it to become that way the two pieces separate and you end up with the pieces laying apart. So if it's at all possible, could you go ahead and make one single collision to cover the whole item? Cause it looks great and is just the right size too.

huh, that's funny, didn't know it was possible for a single nif file to drift apart, don't usually use convex polies so I guess there's a new factoid for me. here is a recollisioned nif, using only one collision poly rather than two, easy to do.

Pacific Morrowind

Great!

huh, that's funny, didn't know it was possible for a single nif file to drift apart, don't usually use convex polies so I guess there's a new factoid for me. here is a recollisioned nif, using only one collision poly rather than two, easy to do.

Pacific Morrowind

That is pretty much how Storm Atronachs are made. They are one nif but they drift apart after they are defeated. I could be wrong though, I read about them several months ago.