DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Beta] Oblivion Tool Kit #2

InsanitySorrow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems OBTK is more popular than I thought it would be :evil:, As I said once the bug list is empty RC2 will be passed on, including to you 64bit users :D

Good IS, about time I was able to give something back. Mod learning is slow for awhile, I have to learn MS Office Excell. :D

Good IS, about time I was able to give something back. Mod learning is slow for awhile, I have to learn MS Office Excell. :evil:

No worries Don, I think feedback and ideas are as good as anything else :D

Here is another shout of Swap Magick:

SM_GUI_02.jpg

It saves to an INI file, mostly becuase its easier to read :D, just got some adjustments to do before I can let it rip for a quick test. It should work on 64bit systems too, becuase there is no registry reading with this. Its simple drop into Oblivion Directory and run :D

So...when I make a change to an .ini entry, I don`t first have to copy the orig. in case I need to reset? Or make copious notes of every little change>

Before you edit the INI, click the button to backup the INI first :D, make your changes and if anything goes wrong use the restore backup option. Also IIRC in beta 4 I had implemented the ability for the app to read what tweaks have been performed and it disables the relevant option. Not 100% sure though :D

No worries Don, I think feedback and ideas are as good as anything else :D

Here is another shout of Swap Magick:

SM_GUI_02.jpg

It saves to an INI file, mostly becuase its easier to read :evil:, just got some adjustments to do before I can let it rip for a quick test. It should work on 64bit systems too, becuase there is no registry reading with this. Its simple drop into Oblivion Directory and run :D

Lookin' GREAT! That was quick...... would it be possible to have it configurable for more than two installs? have an "add install" button? (for those of us with more disk space than brains....)

Lookin' GREAT! That was quick...... would it be possible to have it configurable for more than two installs? have an "add install" button? (for those of us with more disk space than brains....)

Yeah its a simple app really, once I have the basics down I plan to add the option to set installs. Though how may installs do you have?

I have a general idea on how to work with the load order, thats not saying it will code very well :D, atm I am having issues with reading exactly what I need from the Plugins.txt file. Having to work out how to read lines that are either .ESPs or .ESMs.

Do tell if you're having any issues.

Something I noticed that folks have really been interested in, is some flavor of automated tool to "swap out" oblivion installs. Have a "clean" install, no mods, for testing, etc, and then have the "playme" install, with all the mods involved. basically, just renaming directories. Would something like that be difficult to implement? (tracking which install is currently up would be good too.....)

Doesn't Bash have this feature, more or less ? It's called Save Profiles.

Savegames was something OBTK was going to do, but its far too common, so I decided to leave that to Bash etc.

This will problably be a seperate release, here is the first screen:

SM_UI_01.jpg

The way it works:

You have two "installs" in your OB directory, "Clean" and "Modded". The app upon start finds these folders and knows that you have a correct setup. You then click the button for the install you want. It does its magick swapping and then saves what folder you have as a setting. Currently working on an internal setting, so no more INI files.

You can swap between easily with the click of a button :evil:, currently coding but I know what code is needed, once it works I will see about configurations.

Hehe .. I'll see if I can beat you to the finish :D

Do tell if you're having any issues.

Hehe .. I'll see if I can beat you to the finish :D

You sure you wanna go against me?........you know you'll win I am rather slow at these things :evil:

The issue I am havng with the OB Plugins text file, is only reading specific information from the file. I want it to read only .ESP and .ESM lines, so it will need to read each line and check for this, then write it to the list box and check the checkbox.

Um. I don't think I really wanna answer that........ :D

Try..... four. and two construction sets.......

Hmmm, ok thats another 2 options at least I will need. Good to know :D

You sure you wanna go against me?........you know you'll win I am rather slow at these things :D

Anything to give you some incentive to get back in the game :D

The issue I am havng with the OB Plugins text file, is only reading specific information from the file. I want it to read only .ESP and .ESM lines, so it will need to read each line and check for this, then write it to the list box and check the checkbox.

I don't see anything wrong with that approach. What's stopping you from implementing it ?

Anything to give you some incentive to get back in the game :P

I don't see anything wrong with that approach. What's stopping you from implementing it ?

Don't worry, starting to make my way back :D

Well the implementation is currently above my skill level, I am reading up though. So now I have the idea down I should be able to implement it later.

Ok for all interested, I have been working on Swap Magick and while some would say its distracting its actually helped OBTK.

The Plugin file issue I mentioned I am now close to fixing, I have a good idea on how I am going to do it. Also 64bit testing was done with SM and works, so I will implement the same code in OBTK so now it will work with 64bit systems.

Ok for all interested, I have been working on Swap Magick and while some would say its distracting its actually helped OBTK.

The Plugin file issue I mentioned I am now close to fixing, I have a good idea on how I am going to do it. Also 64bit testing was done with SM and works, so I will implement the same code in OBTK so now it will work with 64bit systems.

What was the issue to begin with ?

When reading the Plugin text file it would read information it did not need, so after some messing around I figure out how to remove information I don't need after the app has read the text file and before displaying.

Please slake my curiosity : Example ? Of the unneeded info.

Please slake my curiosity : Example ? Of the unneeded info.

I have a feeling you have not seen the plugins.txt file :oblivion:

# This file is used to tell Oblivion which data files to load.

# Use the oblivion launcher or obmm to choose which files you want.

# Please do not modify this file by hand.

# last modified by obmm: 12/08/2009 18:27

That is what I dont not need to show in my screen, so I am removing this after my App has read the file. It does not remove it from the txt file, rather it removes it from the array the information is passed into, this happens just before printing it to the screen.

That is what I dont not need to show in my screen, so I am removing this after my App has read the file. It does not remove it from the txt file, rather it removes it from the array the information is passed into, this happens just before printing it to the screen.

My brilliant intuitive sense of programming tells me that this has nothing to do with the 64-bit issue(what I was actually talking about) and I'd, like a buffoon, failed to notice it before posting my previous reply.

PS : I've told OBMM to keep it's paws of my plugin list :oblivion:

My brilliant intuitive sense of programming tells me that this has nothing to do with the 64-bit issue(what I was actually talking about) and I'd, like a buffoon, failed to notice it before posting my previous reply.

PS : I've told OBMM to keep it's paws of my plugin list :P

Ok thats my mistake too, I did not know exactly what you wanted me to answer :oblivion:

the 64bit issues come in whenever you are reading the registry, OBTK reads the registry for OBs install path and its easy to pick up on a 32bit machine. But MS had to change things for 64bit machines so there is an additional reg key you have to find before the app can determine OBs install path.

From what I have seen 64bit dumps all software stuff for 32bit machines into an x86 program files, strange thing to go and change them.

Ok thats my mistake too, I did not know exactly what you wanted me to answer :oblivion:

the 64bit issues come in whenever you are reading the registry, OBTK reads the registry for OBs install path and its easy to pick up on a 32bit machine. But MS had to change things for 64bit machines so there is an additional reg key you have to find before the app can determine OBs install path.

From what I have seen 64bit dumps all software stuff for 32bit machines into an x86 program files, strange thing to go and change them.

Ah ... the Wow6432Node key.

Well, you can't blame M$ - I take that it helps with random access :P