DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Daedric Furniture

RedDragonDreamer

I posted a request a couple of days back wanting help making Daedric clutter and food and furnature. Now I don't expect to just request things be nade without me parcipating as much as what I can do so I've started making furnature, things I can do with the vanilla meshes and textures and thus far I have a Daedric Desk.

DaedricDesk.jpg

It's basically the mages guild desk with some oblivion ruin spiky goodness and uses the vanilla oblivion textures.

Comments and constructive critque are welcome

Looking really nice :noway:

I' just armouring right now and then should be able to do some other pieces.

For the nifscope screenshots, IMHO, it looks better if you set it to not render the collision, so that the red (or blue) lines aren't in the way of the in game sort of view.

Pacific Morrowind

Oh cool, well the things I can't do, are the imperial leg hams and roasting on a spit mortal races, the heads as well and well anything else you make is a absolute bonus, I don't really want to tell you what to do but anything you make is a real big bonus help to me and I'm real grateful.

Daedric Desk

DaedricDesk.jpg

Daedric Vakynaz chair

DaedricVakynazChair01.jpg

Thanks so much all of you. As per usual once the batch is done it'll be uploaded as a resource, hope some of you house builders will include some these for a daedric goody castle maybe? Any takers? Honestly it'll be cool cool to see these in some mods- you know, apart from mine!

Tonight we thus far, a Daedric Bookcase, I retextured it, trying out a Red Marble texture I made, and a black marble tiled type I made as well, let me know if it sucks or looks good. Any feedback is valuable especially since I going to try and widen the textures for oblivion to be more varied - hey, we don't live with a few colourful items in our homes, I figure they wouldn't ether, maybe they would use coulourful stone as wood would be too flimsy for them? Just ideas anyways.

DaedricBookcase.jpg

Edited by InsanitySorrow - Please do not swear, even words you do not class as swearing may still offend younger users.

I really like the stuff RDD!

Daedric Desk: I like the desk because it does have the daedric feel, and the stone platings on the side would give it the sturdiness needed to withstand the wrath of a creative writing daedra.

Daedric Vakynaz chair: I really like it, but the stones on the base threw me off a little. It's not bad, and it will probably look good in-game, but in the shot, the gray looks quite bright compared to the chair, so that may have been the only thing I'd have changed.

Daedric Bed: Okay, I reallly like this one too :P. I enjoyed the colour scheme, how the stone on the bed resembles the pillars in a plane of oblivion, and the orange bedding is the colour of the lava. I'm guessing that it would give a daedra quite the homey feel. However, the scale is a little BIG, that wont matter in a daedric home though, because those places are TALL and HUUUGE. :rofl:. But I do want to know, is that a regular sized bed(orange part) and the stone and such is just big, or is the bed shrunk?

Daedric Bookcase: I love the choice of putting the goblin head on the bookshelf, because it would make sense that the daedra would but battle trophies or such in their home. In many places. I also like the red marble mesh on this one because it does remind one of blood, and blood right below a severed head does seem appropriate.

Daedric Drawers: I'll split this up into 3 sections.

Stone Mesh: I like this, because it keeps the gray scale, and makes the gold "guilding" on the drawers stand out. I also like that it just seems to be wrought from hard rock, and formed to comply with the needs of a Daedric, which represents a Daedra as quite the powerful being.

Red Marble mesh: I don't like this one as much as I did on the bookcase but it's still pretty cool. On the drawers, it looks like a mixture between spattered blood and red camo. I do like how you changed the guilding to a wooden piece, it blends in with the marble and makes a cohesive structure.

White Tile: Alright, I really like the white tile thing, but I'm going to get a little picky over this review, because other people will be picky (I still really like it). The white just seems a bit pristine to be in the home of a killing machine, The wood that replaced the guilding bar doesent seem to fit there at all. I only say that because of what seems to be a weaved pattern, and I do not think a Daedra would know how to weave, much a less do it for a piece of furniture. However, the golden tips ont he spike handles really stand out and bring a very nice look to these drawers.

On the subject of the really cool spike handles, i'm going to be picky again. I just want to tell you, those drawers would not be able to open with the spikes there, although, I guess you could open both drawers at the same time. So it's an avoidable issue, but mind you, I do like them, and I'm just trying to be thorough.

Overall though: great set, and I look foward to more like them.

I'll certianly be using them to create a nice Daedric home!

Thanks for the hard work RDD, it's always much appriciated! :)

I really like the stuff RDD!

Daedric Desk: I like the desk because it does have the daedric feel, and the stone platings on the side would give it the sturdiness needed to withstand the wrath of a creative writing daedra.

Daedric Vakynaz chair: I really like it, but the stones on the base threw me off a little. It's not bad, and it will probably look good in-game, but in the shot, the gray looks quite bright compared to the chair, so that may have been the only thing I'd have changed.

Daedric Bed: Okay, I reallly like this one too :yes:. I enjoyed the colour scheme, how the stone on the bed resembles the pillars in a plane of oblivion, and the orange bedding is the colour of the lava. I'm guessing that it would give a daedra quite the homey feel. However, the scale is a little BIG, that wont matter in a daedric home though, because those places are TALL and HUUUGE. :D. But I do want to know, is that a regular sized bed(orange part) and the stone and such is just big, or is the bed shrunk?

Daedric Bookcase: I love the choice of putting the goblin head on the bookshelf, because it would make sense that the daedra would but battle trophies or such in their home. In many places. I also like the red marble mesh on this one because it does remind one of blood, and blood right below a severed head does seem appropriate.

Daedric Drawers: I'll split this up into 3 sections.

Stone Mesh: I like this, because it keeps the gray scale, and makes the gold "guilding" on the drawers stand out. I also like that it just seems to be wrought from hard rock, and formed to comply with the needs of a Daedric, which represents a Daedra as quite the powerful being.

Red Marble mesh: I don't like this one as much as I did on the bookcase but it's still pretty cool. On the drawers, it looks like a mixture between spattered blood and red camo. I do like how you changed the guilding to a wooden piece, it blends in with the marble and makes a cohesive structure.

White Tile: Alright, I really like the white tile thing, but I'm going to get a little picky over this review, because other people will be picky (I still really like it). The white just seems a bit pristine to be in the home of a killing machine, The wood that replaced the guilding bar doesent seem to fit there at all. I only say that because of what seems to be a weaved pattern, and I do not think a Daedra would know how to weave, much a less do it for a piece of furniture. However, the golden tips ont he spike handles really stand out and bring a very nice look to these drawers.

On the subject of the really cool spike handles, i'm going to be picky again. I just want to tell you, those drawers would not be able to open with the spikes there, although, I guess you could open both drawers at the same time. So it's an avoidable issue, but mind you, I do like them, and I'm just trying to be thorough.

Overall though: great set, and I look foward to more like them.

I'll certianly be using them to create a nice Daedric home!

Thanks for the hard work RDD, it's always much appriciated! :D

Ok, to answer your question about the bed, it's the full upperclass bed model, everything intact, the headboard is retextured to the oblivion obsidian - so you can tell, or can't tell unless you really look hard. It's the normal size, with the oblivion pieces scaled down by heaps to fit the size of the bed.

This is common with all the furnature I've done, I don't know how to model, so I get sneaky in nifscopt hiding pieces so you can't tell it's the whle vanilla deal. Or thats my aim.

About the chair legs, I hear you, I just need a better mesh to use..

The drawers, I hear you also about the colours, I was just experimenting with colours to see what works and what doesn't more or less. As for the handles, thanks for pointing that out, I'll be rescaling those down more.

Thanks so much for the feed back all of you, it really does help. Have a :thumbup: all of you.

Been piled under heaps of homework this week but I managed to survive the dreaded essay writing and APA referencing....

Here's the daedric drawers updated tweaked redone whatever suits you. I changed the texture to obsidian01 - a vanilla texture.

DaedricDrawersUpdated.jpg

ice.gif

Wow that looks really good. My favorite one so far :)

And I understand the homework thing, pretty soon here I'm gonna be swamped in it too :thumbup::smug:

I like the new drawers too!

The Dark colour really brings out the bright golden/yellow colour of the wood, and the wood stays a consistiend colour with the (Newley resized) handle's tip colour! Well done!

Also, school starts tomorrow for me.

TT________________TT

I get where you are coming from...

• 3 weeks later...