DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #22

Glaedr

Well there's a reason the fire department isn't putting forth a great deal of effort to beat back the eastern flank of the fire. Bad government policy has forced them into a situation where they let the fire burn until it begins to threaten lives and property because the environmentalists won't let them in to manage the forest growth.

So yea, it's become a matter of "regulation" that we have these large wildfires. Every year this happens, and it's always in a new spot that hasn't burned in decades.

Sound like fun. Try to get us pics!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised that they dont do more controlled burning in areas to prevent fires like that.

When wacko environmentalists run your state, controlled burns are considered a crime against nature. So either some wacko arsonist has to set things right, or a lightning storm does the same. Then the firefighters let it burn because they won't get the chance any other way, and they likely won't be able to do so safely anyway.

When wacko environmentalists run your state, controlled burns are considered a crime against nature. So either some wacko arsonist has to set things right, or a lightning storm does the same. Then the firefighters let it burn because they won't get the chance any other way, and they likely won't be able to do so safely anyway.

Lol. Lets stay away from goverment. That all ways ends bad on forums

:rofl: what the? where did that emoticon come from? :D

I suddenly have memories of sheep in World of Warcraft 1 and 2 in my head :D

On the topic of fires, a few years ago some Canadian Firefighters were going to head down to cali and help out with some rather bad fires and the US border guards turned them away because they were going to work, even though their help had been requested.

I added a fan site section to UESP, so TESA, ORE, TESN, PES and ESFF have links there. :D

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion [at the bottom]

I'm not sure that sort of promotional site linking is allowed in the wiki. :rofl:

And your entry seems to have vanished so someone might agree. If that was permitted I'd be very surprised since there aren't fansite links populating every page. :D

wow, a bit slow here still eh?

Course I steadfastly refuse to use the shout box, it MAY be part of the reason my bill shot through the roof as it constantly refeshes.

Si has a new cell now, along with the Broken Steel and Point Lookout DLC for Fallout 3. Now to see if the 1.6 patch breaks my game, the 1.4 did not seem too (no im not using the UOP or the FP).

OOOOOOOO Si found a store that actually had Nightwish CD's in stock! *is giddy*

So hows the weather? smoke? sawdust? or just about anything? :rofl:

Edit:

Yes im just trying to actually start a convo here.

It's taken me all day to track down my school notebook. as it would have it it was in one of a half dozen storage containers (not to spoil the ending but it was in the last container). At any rate, progress was slowed by the trek down memory lanes (my memories need more than one lane of traffic). Why is it that we hold on to some things that are absolutely useless? :rofl:

It's taken me all day to track down my school notebook. as it would have it it was in one of a half dozen storage containers (not to spoil the ending but it was in the last container). At any rate, progress was slowed by the trek down memory lanes (my memories need more than one lane of traffic). Why is it that we hold on to some things that are absolutely useless? :rofl:

Si understands and agrees, memories need multi-lane traffic.

Si runs into the issue all the time when he moves or when unpacking from a move (months or years later). It stops Si dead in his tracks. :D

As for why Si refers to himself in 3rd person, its because Si is happy, when Si gets excited or overly happy, Si begins to refer to himself in 3rd person. Si's last GF did not find it amuzing however, although she did dump Si so Si cares not for what she thought.

lol how does thrid person speach remind Greenie of Bill Cosby?

Si Welcomes Starving Gecko to the thrid person speech fest!

Si should worn people here, if I get too excited (no Si does not blow up) but Si sometimes talks like Yoda... *shrugs* Its what Si does, likely because Si enjoys being strange and different.

Edit:

Si must bid all adu, tis time to sleep for tomorow and time and a half pay! :rofl:

Edited by Si-Shen