DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Warglaive

selene310187

I recreated the Warglaive of Azzinoth (Warcraft 3/world of Warcraft) from scratch. You can find the Warglaive in the Ayleid ruin Beldaburo (northwest of Anvil). But be careful. The mighty Dremora Azzinoth guards the weapon with his life.

The Warglaive comes in three versions: with blue-green blades, with bright green blades or bloody blades (see in addition the installation instructions).

new in version 1.2:

- improved sheath scripts (thanks, Visman!): the scripts work now on NPCs and in the inventory

- improved icons

- scripted enchantments for main and defensive weapons

Installation:

Copy the folders meshes, textures and the "Warglaive - EV".esp to your Oblivion Data directory. Activate the esp via Oblivion launcher -> Data files. Play Oblivion and enjoy! Ignore the other esp which is for German speaking users.

The folders "bright green blades - hellgrüne Klingen" and bloody blades - blutrote Klingen" include optional textures for the blades of the Warglaive. These folders contain another folder "Textures". Put this folder in the Oblivion Data directory and overwrite the other textures.

Download

Pictures:

WarglaivePromo.jpg

withdefensiveweapon.jpg

Warglaivesonback.jpg

Just so you know, you may get reports of this mod causing CTD's, its nothing major, easy to solve in game. I assume you designed it this way, but the "claymore" version that is used for when its on your back, IF you change weapons while that is "equiped" the game will CTD. Yet if you draw the blade and then change it, everything is ok. Nothing big but I thought I would let you know. Its a great mod and I love it (used in one of my recent screen shots)

@Si-Shen: never heard this before. Maybe it's better with the new version...

Version 1.2 is released!

Warglaivev1_2.jpg

Version 1.2 changes:

- improved sheath scripts (thanks, Visman!): the scripts work now on NPCs and in the inventory

- improved icons

- scripted enchantments for main and defensive weapons

The download link in the first post.

Have fun! :coffee:

Maybe swapping the weapon when the back weapon is on the back breaks the scripts and result in CTD. I'm not an expert in scripting but really thankful that people make such complicated scripts. Visman made an improved version of sheath script which was originally from Nicos Scimitar mod (I thought first that it was made by another guy). My skills in scripting are not enough to solve this problem. I'm not sure if it could be solved by an expert in scripting. It could also be an Oblivion engine bug. Who knows :D

So: never swap the weapon if you have the back weapon on your back :coffee:

The problem with the enchantments and repairing the weapons to 125 % should now be solved. Visman sent me his SoB version. SoB stands for Shield on Back.

Advantages of the SoB version in comparision with the regular version 1.2:

- you can repair the Warglaives up to 125 %

- you can enchant them without any problems (if you activate Warglaive_1C.SoB - No Enchantments.esp)

Note: requires OBSE and the ShieldOnBack.esm from Shield on Back

Furthermore, there's also a reduced version containing just the main and off-hand Warglaives. No scripts and no enchantments. You can now enchant, repair and drop them without any problems. But without scripts the double Warglaives on the back are not possible. If can't go without them I recommend the regular or the SoB version (the last one requires OBSE).

Download @Tesnexus (file one and three)

Maybe swapping the weapon when the back weapon is on the back breaks the scripts and result in CTD. I'm not an expert in scripting but really thankful that people make such complicated scripts. Visman made an improved version of sheath script which was originally from Nicos Scimitar mod (I thought first that it was made by another guy). My skills in scripting are not enough to solve this problem. I'm not sure if it could be solved by an expert in scripting. It could also be an Oblivion engine bug. Who knows :shrug:

So: never swap the weapon if you have the back weapon on your back :unsure:

Yep that was me who first made it possible thanks to Ogramirad for the idea of crossed on the back (I was already doing a model switch script for the dual blades on the hip).

And thanks to Katalysis for re-writing my scripts adding new features as well as cleaning them up for me.

You might want to look at the scripts that Katalysis wrote for me for the latest release for Nicos Scimitars. He re-wrote my original scripts so they don't run as often, only run if the item is in the players inventory, and made mixing, and matching of the flaming, and non-flaming versions possible.

Mine have enchantments on them mainly because player enchanted weapons change the editor id of the item (which would be saved in the save game so not accessible through the CS) which would break the scripts that reference the specific editor ID.

I have never had an issue with repairing mine above 100%. The scripts are also written so that if the player wants to use a different shield that the flames would still be shut off when sheathed, and the script would exchange the model for one sheathed on the side.

BTW Congrats on the release. They look wicked. :thumbup:

You should really add a oblivion Gate that will take you to Azzinoth's realm. And when you enter it, you hear Illidan's quote about entering his realm and not being ready.. :thumbup:

And maybe adding a quest to kill him. That would be awesome! :unsure: (Not that it's not awesome already, but it would be even more awesome! ;p )

Think we might also see Cataclysm's Edge? How I would die for that sword, lol.

I did manage to "get" that sword, but it wasn't through... normal means, IE: Rip from wow, so quality was lacking. My texturing skills are sub par, so making it myself is not going to happen for a while.

• 4 months later...