DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Guards of Cyrodiil

firespark

Guards of Cyrodiil

Guards of Cyrodiil has been released before and was pulled from the Nexus for reasons i won't really delve into. Anyhow i'm planning to re-release the mod with alot of changes and additions.

The mod is meant to work together with Fort Akatosh which will be re-released as well. Fort Akatosh will place a cool Fort inside the borders of Cyrodiil, where the player can actually play a true legionnaire, join the Imperial Cult or become a trader for the Trading Company.

Guards of Cyrodiil consists of many things. It will add a small encampment near Lake Rumare. Once you talk to the captain or read his log you'll find out the camp has been assaulted and requests for assistance.

Also it will place a new tower near Anvil which is the base of operations for the new faction called the Nightblades. You'll be asked to join and requested to complete missions for them.

Now my main question here is if there's someone around who'd like to beta test my mod?

There are a few requirements though; first Fort Akatosh and Guards of Cyrodiil use the same resources which is called the Tamriel Resource Pack at the Elder Scrolls Nexus. It weighs a total of 370 megabytes and is really necessary to beta test.

Also you should use TES4Gecko to generate silent voice files.

If you're really interested i will pm you all information required to beta test the mod. Including a link to the special data files for Guards of Cyrodiil.

The mod is also still in development. There will be a big quest as a finisher which i'm still working on.

Thank you for reading and showing interest. Cheers.

Okay nice HeyYou.

Could you please write me a personal message, once you're done installing?

I'll link you the latest files.

Hhhmmmm..... My current install is being extremely problematic.... I am unable to enter ANY city at this point. Gonna just nuke it (again....) and start from scratch. Great..........

Sounds like a great addition to the game, though I really don't have the time to test this right now. It may be a good idea to use Elys Universal Silent Voice instead of creating a bunch of silent voice files with Gecko. Saves up a lot of HD space. smile.gif

Ah yes i have never used the plugin before myself, but i had someone report missing "conversation". It might have been a very old version of the plug-in or a strange install. With me it worked wonders. Thanks Starx.

thanks mate! Been busy today moving the entire Fort Hist which is featured in the mod and the previous version inside an interior cell which really boosted performance by a whole lot.

The guards still patrol the gates. So it doesn't look like a closed shell. :)

The last quest-line is still in progress and then it's completely done ..at least for now biggrin.gif

I'm also working on a movie at the moment which will show quite some footage of the game while having Fort Akatosh and Guards of Cyrodiil installed. :cry:

thanks mate! Been busy today moving the entire Fort Hist which is featured in the mod and the previous version inside an interior cell which really boosted performance by a whole lot.

The guards still patrol the gates. So it doesn't look like a closed shell. :)

The last quest-line is still in progress and then it's completely done ..at least for now biggrin.gif

I'm also working on a movie at the moment which will show quite some footage of the game while having Fort Akatosh and Guards of Cyrodiil installed. :cry:

Sounding awesome :)

Yugi

Ps pop in DC if you got some spare time a day ;)

• 2 weeks later...

True, true :)

Nice shots :D

Yugi

Thanks. I would like to make a small update. I'm considering clipping the module plans in half. So there will be two releases in the end. Part one and part two ..where part two is like a sequel to an open-end scenario while doing the Nightblade faction quests.

So that means the module itself is nearly done and i have to write a proper transition method towards "part two". Especially one of my beta-testers Kosh is really scouting a few problems at the moment. So it's very close to completed.

The module will not have full voice-acting, but judging by the projects size that would've meant a release in 2011. :poke::coffee:

Cheers.

ps: my partner in crime is also recovering from hardware problems (Onra - Fort Akatosh) so that will probably mean both mods will get the same release date.

Some news for those who are interested in both Fort Akatosh Redux and this module;

We're planning to release both modules at the same time - next week (aiming for friday)

I'm still adding some minor things to the module..perhaps retexturing the odd thing here and there.

Of course there should be a smooth transition to episode 2 if released in the future..so this has to be there already as well.

Anyway! Thanks for reading. :blush:

Some news for those who are interested in both Fort Akatosh Redux and this module;

We're planning to release both modules at the same time - next week (aiming for friday)

I'm still adding some minor things to the module..perhaps retexturing the odd thing here and there.

Of course there should be a smooth transition to episode 2 if released in the future..so this has to be there already as well.

Anyway! Thanks for reading. :blush:

Sounds good :)

Yugi