DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Shadow Of The Ayleidoon (working title)

The Vyper

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good ..got a few skeletons running around in my mod as well with nearly the same shaders, but nevermind that ;)

Wise man once say: "Great minds think alike." Or was it "Great modders"? :D

have fun building! :blush:

I am! :) The level I'm working on will be a Royal (Imperial?) Pain to pathgrid, but it's proving to be a LOT of fun building, so it'll be worth it! :D

In the meantime, here's a screen from a different level (before I made the lighting more appropriate):

gallery_775_71_23651.jpg

There are 16 spell turrets in there that fire once every half second as long as your in range (and you'll be in range before you even enter the room :scary:)

Believe or not, it's actually possible (but very difficult) to get through that room without being hit once.

Me love this mod more and more :D keep up the awesome work :)

Yugi

I will! :D I just finished the layout of the level I showed in This Post. It looks a bit different now, but the idea is the same: multiple levels stacked on top of one another. I may have set a record for "number of things activated by pressing a sigle switch". There is one switch on this level that activates 129 objects. :pints::):shock:XD Yes, you read that right: One Hundred and Twenty-Nine objets. As you can imagine, that took a bit of time to set up. Putting a pathgrid in is going to be a Royal (Imperial?) Pain and will probably take close to a week (maybe as little as three days), but I'll get it done. I just wish there was a way to auto-generate interior pathgrids. :) Ooh! Maybe IS can come up with something. *hits "Add Reply" and leaves to post the idea in IS's ideas thread*

I will! :D I just finished the layout of the level I showed in This Post. It looks a bit different now, but the idea is the same: multiple levels stacked on top of one another. I may have set a record for "number of things activated by pressing a sigle switch". There is one switch on this level that activates 129 objects. :rofl::crazy::shock::) Yes, you read that right: One Hundred and Twenty-Nine objets. As you can imagine, that took a bit of time to set up. Putting a pathgrid in is going to be a Royal (Imperial?) Pain and will probably take close to a week (maybe as little as three days), but I'll get it done. I just wish there was a way to auto-generate interior pathgrids. :thumbup: Ooh! Maybe IS can come up with something. *hits "Add Reply" and leaves to post the idea in IS's ideas thread*

WOOOW :o That´s alot,I do not even dare to think what´s going to happen if you activate it :P

Yugi

Damn :thumbup: then I got a problem :)

Yugi

Not necessarily. By the time you encounter what's in that image, you'll have more than just the weapons and armor you'll find in this adventure. And something quite valuable is hidden in the level shown, hence the "security force". :rofl:

Not necessarily. By the time you encounter what's in that image, you'll have more than just the weapons and armor you'll find in this adventure. And something quite valuable is hidden in the level shown, hence the "security force". :thumbup:

I see, I really hope that I get my Game working before this one is realeased, I really don´t want to miss it ^^

Yugi

Nic-V loves dungeon crawl mods! :clap: He especially loves when they are freaking hard and he barely makes it out alive :lmao:

He doesn't need new loot and the like to enjoy the crawl but he does like if there are custom books and notes scattered throughout that reveal a story if found laugh.gif

Although he sees how it could be a problem since it's Ayleid ruins :)

I see, I really hope that I get my Game working before this one is realeased, I really don´t want to miss it ^^

Yugi

If you want, I'll send you a PM with the 7z archive containing everything when it's ready. That way, you'll be sure not to missit one way or another.

Nic-V loves dungeon crawl mods! :wub: He especially loves when they are freaking hard and he barely makes it out alive :P

Then Nic-V should enjoy this one, because The Vyper enjoys the same thing. :clap: Even The Vyper has trouble getting through this one, and he knows where everything is. :lmao:

He doesn't need new loot and the like to enjoy the crawl but he does like if there are custom books and notes scattered throughout that reveal a story if found laugh.gif

Although he sees how it could be a problem since it's Ayleid ruins :lmao:

There will be both. :) Erunan (the battlemage who infiltrated the Warlocks) left many scrolls, journal pages and a few books at various locations to help any fellow guildmate who followed affter him (and tell his story as well as the quest's story).

Then Nic-V should enjoy this one, because The Vyper enjoys the same thing. :clap: Even The Vyper has trouble getting through this one, and he knows where everything is. :lmao:

There will be both. :) Erunan (the battlemage who infiltrated the Warlocks) left many scrolls, journal pages and a few books at various locations to help any fellow guildmate who followed affter him (and tell his story as well as the quest's story).

Oh awesomeness! :lmao:

Then I shall be watching this mod so closely the police might come after me! :wub:

If you want, I'll send you a PM with the 7z archive containing everything when it's ready. That way, you'll be sure not to missit one way or another.

The problem is that Ob ctd every time I try to play :cry:

But I´m planning to fix it someday, just not yet :P

Thanks for the offer btw :)

Yugi

Looks cool, I´m just wondering what type of damage would it do ?

Yugi

A whole lot. :2guns: My idea is to have it do Fire, Frost & Shock damage, as well as Drain/Damage Attributes/Skills. :shock: Oh, and that's with just one spell (which will have Target and Touch versions). :scary: What do ya think? Too much maybe?

A whole lot. :scary: My idea is to have it do Fire, Frost & Shock damage, as well as Drain/Damage Attributes/Skills. :) Oh, and that's with just one spell (which will have Target and Touch versions). :shock: What do ya think? Too much maybe?

As long as the magnitudes aren't too high. :2guns:

Btw, sorry I'm taking forever with the greater atronach, things are getting busy over here with teachers loading me with homework and the holidays. I'll try to fiddle with it tonight sometime though :D .

As long as the magnitudes aren't too high. :2guns:

Btw, sorry I'm taking forever with the greater atronach, things are getting busy over here with teachers loading me with homework and the holidays. I'll try to fiddle with it tonight sometime though :) .

I understand. :scary: Take your time, I've still got plenty of dungeon space to make. And finishing homework, while considerably less enjoyable, is more important than modding. :shock: I mean, let's face it: you won't learn the significance of June 6 1944 by modding (at least I didn't laugh.gif ) On a more serious note, I really appreciate all the help you've provided and your willingness to continue. Thank you! biggrin.gif

A whole lot. :lmao: My idea is to have it do Fire, Frost & Shock damage, as well as Drain/Damage Attributes/Skills. XD Oh, and that's with just one spell (which will have Target and Touch versions). :D What do ya think? Too much maybe?

I´m all for the drain/damage typo, they look like it :lmao:

Yugi

• 3 weeks later...

I had two more ideas:

1.) a bow that constantly replenishes the arrows it fires (like Taulmaril from the Drizzt Do'Urden novels of Forgotten Realms). If I add this, it will probably be to the most powerful version of the Varla Molag bow (character level 20). I've used one of my test .ESPs to test the script and it works (thanks to WillieSea and InsanitySorrow).

2.) A stealth component to the armor that adds a Chameleon ability of 5-75% when sneaking based on your Sneak skill level.

I may decide to use one or both ideas for a separate mod. Any thoughts?

I had two more ideas:

1.) a bow that constantly replenishes the arrows it fires (like Taulmaril from the Drizzt Do'Urden novels of Forgotten Realms). If I add this, it will probably be to the most powerful version of the Varla Molag bow (character level 20). I've used one of my test .ESPs to test the script and it works (thanks to WillieSea and InsanitySorrow).

2.) A stealth component to the armor that adds a Chameleon ability of 5-75% when sneaking based on your Sneak skill level.

I may decide to use one or both ideas for a separate mod. Any thoughts?

I can see #2 being done two ways. The hard way is to make a separate armors with separate chameleon enchantments ranging from 5-75%. Then add a certain one to the player based on their sneak skill. It's hard because you might have to make a lot of armors and enchantments and there will be a bit of tedious scripting.

The easy way is to use OBSE setNthEffectItemMagnitude and modify the chameleon enchantment on only one armor depending on the player's sneak skill. It might be a little difficult to script, but in the end it is less tedious than the other way.