DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Abyss Demons

selene310187

• 4 months later...

Not really an update because I needed another pause from this project (and still pause it). Before this pause I managed to animate the gripper arms which hold the player captive in order to force an injection (the injection stuns him; the reason of this is revealed during the quest). I made a small video of the animation. The file name is German; it means "gripper arm animation ingame" in English (the video itself just shows the scene without any annotations). You can download it here via Mediafire: http://www.mediafire...eim0p44hsto2cvk

The reason for my absence is that I need distance from the project for a longer (playing Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas instead). I'm in conflict with my motivation. It's enough for smaller armor mash-ups for my New Vegas character Damian but not enough to continue work on this large project at this moment. Sometimes I have the feeling that I've taken on too much. I hope Lanceor's tip via PM (writing down a list of little tasks to do) will help when I continue the work on this project.

Edited by selene310187

• 4 weeks later...

Mesmerizing creations selene310187. Seeing the buetiful preview pictures it almost feels as if they are alive and gazing at me so complete is their essence of being. Truly you have conjured up something mere words could never do justice in describing.

Thank you and enjoy the time out in your other worlds :D

• 3 months later...

*tiptoeing into here and putting a picture on the ground*

jvNiN9eFLBtr8_e.jpg

*couching slightly, looking around and rising to speak*

This picture shows the six new hair styles for the Abyss Demons. All of them come from the FO:NV mod "Male hair pack" by neko1kitty which I made compatible with Oblivion via editing the hair in Blender. I like them because they stress the wild nature of the demons.

Thank you :). I try to stay on task, although I work very infrequently on this project this year and probably the following year. As the saying goes: Little by little, the bird builds its nest :D.

I updated the first post. All images of the years 2009-2012 are now in galleries. Just click in the first post on one of the screenshots below to open a gallery for each year. Future images end up in galleries as well, so you don't need to search the pages for images anymore ;)

Edited by selene310187

• 6 months later...
I was really glad when Xantira reaches the sanctuary without any problems and finally I managed that the scripted conversations run smoothly (scripting can be a very tedious work). The player is warmly welcomed by Tera, the second Abyss Demon NPC.

Here's a picture of Tera
abqq7Kxc.jpg

Last week, I started to work on the dungeon for the forth scene (the quest is divided into 10 scenes; see first post for more information). The basic layout is finished; now I'm in the process of decorating it. Here are some impressions:

acyy4wwX.jpg adeFx0OM.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hello, everybody!

Here are some news about the project:

- the dungeon is finished
- and also scene 4 is done
- working on scene 5 and 6 parallelly
- the main strand of the plot is splitted up for the first time in scene 5. Regarding the first strand, scene 5 is finished but not for the second.
- the Abyss Demon sanctuary is now inhabited by 19 NPCs plus the player who has his own bed as well

the last picture of the dungeon:
acnMlS8x.jpg

the faces which you can import later via Wyre Bash into your save to make your character look like one of them if you want
achyUXZ7.jpg

I made a good progress in the last couple of months and I hope that things stay that way.

• 2 months later...

I made a lot of progress since my last post. The main quest is finished :dance:!!! But there's more two come :wink:. Two things tie in with the Abyss Demon main quest: one thing deals with the abandoned marketplace, the other is an easter egg (I won't reveal any details yet). Before I start to work on these additions, I will finalize the daily schedules of the 19 inhabitants of the Abyss Demon sanctuary.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, an overview about what I did in the last couple of months:

(no thumbnails this time because there are a lot of pictures in this post and otherwise the page would take longer to load)

September

I built a tower from scratch in Blender. It's an hideout for an evil NPC.

#1 #2 #3

Note: I placed the tower for testing purposes near Anvil; now it's located in its own worldspace.

You will be able to fight against special creatures:

centurion sphere

centurion spiders

The creatures come from the Dwemer Animunculi resource which I retextured, so they fit better to the surrounding area.

October

This was the month with the most progress. I created for example a worldspace for the first time and arranged a banquet with all inhabitants in the dining room.

Some pictures of the banquet:

#6 #7

and some of the NPCs:

#8 #9 #10

November

I completed the Abyss Demon main quest and started to work on the NPC's schedules. They will take a bath, do sparring, drink a beer in the evening at the bar, and other activities.

A picture of NPCs sparring:

Furthermore, I improved the ground texture of the sanctuary (better scaling) and the lighting of the dining room.

Edited by selene310187

• 5 months later...

2014 and the project is still progressing. I took a long pause from modding, played Fallout (3/New Vegas) and Skyrim, watched a lot of Youtube videos, until the motivation came back at the beginning of April, 2014. I simplified my sparring scripts, removed some quest bugs and tonight I beautified the place in the sleeping area with a small garden (before there was the only the tree standing on the green area). The emptiness on that place bothered me a good while but I haven't got any decent ideas. The brainstorm came at the dead of night :D

The altered place in the sleeping area

jTphLcO9.jpg QxhmElLa.jpg

And finally I found a solution for making the neck seam (and the other body texture seams) less noticeable: Projection Painting in Blender. I already used Projection Painting for other projects but I never thought about using it for the neck seam problem. This is my second brainstorm this month, I feel happy :).

the body textures before reworking:

jID2ohMS.jpg

and after:

J5Cfhp3S.jpg

The improved version of the female body textures and the other race variants will follow.

The new textures under different lighting conditions:
hpAwxe1o.jpg XkgVOnlM.jpg XC29DVzg.jpg

As I suspected the neck seam is slightly visible, but the transition from body to head is a lot better than in the previous version of the textures. It would be perfect if the body and face egt files (responsible for skin coloring during character creation) match better (the egt has an great impact on how the neck seam is displayed). There was a mod with improved egts for the Head06 head (the head my race uses) but it was taken down before I could download it (I only tracked the mod on the Nexus  :pinch:).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...