DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Abyss Demons

selene310187

Now there are more hair styles and eye textures to choose from.

An overview of the textures which I edited, so to speak the Abyss Demon variant:

abyssdemonneweditedeyes.th.jpg

I used following resources for my version of the eye textures:

Wine and Ravish Eyes

Wither Eyes

Cataract Eyes

Beer Goggles

Regarding the new hair styles, I got the permission to use the hair styles from Lucha's Blood Witches Mod.

And this is how the new choice of eye textures and hair styles look ingame:

kirafeb2011.th.jpg

Now there are more hair styles and eye textures to choose from.

An overview of the textures which I edited, so to speak the Abyss Demon variant:

abyssdemonneweditedeyes.th.jpg

I used following resources for my version of the eye textures:

Wine and Ravish Eyes

Wither Eyes

Cataract Eyes

Beer Goggles

Regarding the new hair styles, I got the permission to use the hair styles from Lucha's Blood Witches Mod.

And this is how the new choice of eye textures and hair styles look ingame:

kirafeb2011.th.jpg

I always look forward to your updates, looks amazing, as usual! :D

In the middle of the night until the early morming I worked on the alternative version of the Abyss Demon's head textures. I converted them to Ren's head mesh (the one from "Rens Beauty Pack"; the default face textures of the Abyss Demons are based on Head06). These edited face textures will be added to each Abyss Demon character via an addon esp which has the AbyssDemon.esp as master file.

click on the image to enlarge:

terar.jpg

That's my new character Tera, an Abyss Demon Halfblood

• 2 weeks later...

There are more extras in different combinations to choose from now. Extras are wings, horns, claws and tail (new!). You can see some combinations on this picture:

adextraskombinationen.th.jpg

That's the additional menu "extras manager" which can accessed through the configuration menu:

note: the menu text is German at the moment. I haven't translated the mod yet. The translated menu text of the main menu reads as follows: "Abyss Demon - extras manager - combination 01 A to combination 02 D are the different combinations of the two horns variants with the extras wings and tail"

admenueextras.th.jpg

Furthermore, you will be able to choose one of the three new classes (druid, berserk and diplomat):

adklassen.th.jpg

And I created a cover for the first post:

abyssdemonlogo.png

I added pedestals to the columns and made the columns thinner:

adaltarroomv11.th.jpg

Furthermore, you can sit in the bath tube now. Activate the bath tube in the bathing arena and choose "Play bathing pose". Your character will be teleported into the bath tube and plays the bathing pose. Activate the bath tube again, choose "Stop bathing pose" and your character will be teleported back to his original position.

adtakingabath.th.jpg

By the way, the upcoming final version will have a new title:

"Abyss Demon - Lecacy of Two Brothers"

Edited by selene310187

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first Abyss Demon NPC: Xantir

cbadsweetxantir.th.jpg

Xantir, one of the youngest Daemona Halfbloods, is key figure in the Abyss Demon main quest. He has a free and easy way of speaking and often impertinently towars others. So he's the exact opposite of his diplomat brothers.

(the Halfbloods are considered to be the diplomats among the Daemona and Daemona is in turn the real name for the Abyss Demons)

Itarkra's Guard's Armor

itarkrasgarderuestung.th.jpg

Mix and match, rextexture and adjusting of "Alir armor" by comrade1280 (jacket and belt) and "R18PN - MHSN Der tod Armor" by NPR (breastplate, gauntles, greaves and boots).

Edit:

I added a symbol to the front and back side of the armor.

itarkrasgarderuestungv1.th.jpg

Edited by selene310187

I overdid the textures of the jacket and pants. They look like leather now (the original fabric textures of the "Tod Armor" where a bit too blurry).

itarkrasgarderuestungv1.th.jpg

Edit:

I made a last change to the breastplate. The armor can be considered as final now.

aditarkrasgarderuestung.th.jpg

Edited by selene310187

• 1 month later...

The market place is finished (apart from the merchant NPCs). Before it was located near Cheydinhal. But afterwards I disliked its location and the structure. So I came back to my original idea: I built the market place near the Abyss Demon sanctuary from scratch. Furthermore, a wall and two watch towers were added to the sanctuary area.

The market place

cbadmarktplatz.th.jpg

The sanctuary and market place from above

cbadzufluchtvonoben.th.jpg

And, by the way, I'm working on the new flying animation which is a mixture of

and
animation. The new animation will be, unlike the previous versions, compatible with the Air Fight System. I think it will be the only flying system in the final version of Abyss Demon. It's more reliable (getting stuck less often and less crash landings) and it allows collision detection in interiors (no flying through walls anymore!).

• 2 weeks later...

The marketplace and the stable experienced some beautifications and there's a picture of the kitchen now.

Marketplace

Changes

- two lanterns were added

- torches were arranged around the tree

marketplace by day

cbadmarketplacev11day.th.jpg

marketplace by night

cbadmarketplacev11night.th.jpg

Stable

Changes

these things were added:

- a wheel leaning againt the stable wall

- some crates

- a pitchfork

- straw scattered over the ground

- a lantern

the stable

cbadstablev11.th.jpg

Kitchen

There wasn't a picture of the kitchen before, because I wasn't satisfied with its look. It was too small for 20 hungry Abyss Demons and it lacked flair (kitchen tools etc.). This changed after Stroti had released his kitchen tools. Together with Stroti's oven and the Fireplace Accessory Resource by Edoc you can finally consider the kitchen as a kitchen :D.

cbadkitchenv101.th.jpg

Edit:

How adding some crates can make a difference...

cbadmarketplacemorecrat.th.jpg

Edited by selene310187

• 3 weeks later...

The second picture is still Oblivion (somebody asked me if I this is for Fallout 3). I used this resource and retextured it. The door is my own creation which I made in Blender. Some textures are sci-fi textures which I found on deviantART like this one which I edited (e. g. made it tileable). So most of this part of the project becomes more sci-fi. I think it could be advanced dwemeric technology. I didn't want to use the Morrowind style Dwemer stuff although it awakes in me a nostalgic feeling. I wanted to create something new.

The Dwemer play a major role in the Abyss Demon story. It's fact that the Dwemer were the most advanced race in the TES universe. Why should only one Dwemer survived the disappearance of the Dwemer? The coincidence which helped the alleged last living Dwemer could help another Dwemer as well. This other Dwemer, I call him Itarkra, could had his hands in the creation of the Abyss Demons. The player has the mission to find out the exact circumstances of the Abyss Demons' origin.

I took the time to write the new background story. Here it is:

(short version)

It all began with Itarkra Tarm, a dwemeric scientist and a mighty magician, who searched for the secret of eternal life. He was born in a Dwemer settlement near Red Mountain 50 years before the Siege of Red Mountain. At the time when the situation in Vvardenfell heated up, he flew to Cyrodiil. He didn't want to become a part of the machinery of war and to refrain from his comrades who didn't accept his works and rather made fun of him. In the seclusion of the mountains of Cyrodiil at the border to Morrowind he built his hideaway which consisted of a laboratory and a living area. After the construction was finished, he used his magical power to weave one part of his hideaway with the structure of the Outer Realms. If required he could change this area into a plane of the Outer Realms completely which was maintained by the magic of Welkynd and Varla stones because it was an enormous energy sapping process. This special area was his experimental space being untouched by outside influences which could disturb his experiments. His staying in this plane prevented that he disappeared like the other Dwemer. He did know that Yagrum Bagarn didn't disappear as well but he avoided any contact with him.

The years had passed. Itarkra's research didn't make any progress. One experiment after another failed. His test subjects, mostly beggars, became rarer and rarer. He didn't even shy away from abusing his assistants for his experiments who were simple humans. All died like flies or - when they didn't die - became will-less zombies. One of his assistants couldn't stand by and watch any longer. He flew to Mournhold one night in order to report to Almalexia what Itarkra had done. He hoped that she granted him asylum.

Almalexia was very upset. In her eyes only gods should be immortal. She sent her Hands to stop Itarkra's efforts and to kill him. The flighty assistant beaconed the garrison to Itarkra's hideout in the mountains. Itarkra awaited them already. He had somehow found out what Almalexia had planned. Itarkra stood at the entrance to his laboratory with his head held high. But something had occured to him.

In the present. You receive an ominous letter. The letter writer asks you to come to Weynon Priory because he wants to discuss an important matter with you privately because he doesn't trust the courier. In Weynon Priory you meet an odd-looking figure sitting at the table smoking a pipe. A hood is hiding his face. He introduces himself as your brother Xantir and is acting on Itarkra's behalf who is according to Xantir your father. Curious to find out more you start your way to the sanctuary in the mountains accompanied by Xantir.

The long version of the story has 5 pages in Word. Maybe I split it into different parts and hide the parts as books at some Abyss Demon locations in game.