DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Abyss Demons

selene310187

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :)

Itarkra's study

cbaditarkrasstudyroom.th.jpg

The Cube

cbadthecube.th.jpg

Yes, it's still Oblivion :-D. I used a resource created by JoeKurz and retextured the model to suit my taste. The gripper arms were part of one of the resources as well. I retextured them and modified their shape. You can find the original resources on this page: http://www.joes3dfantasyworlds.com/down/scifi01/scifi01.htm

The original models use mostly .cr2 format. I search for the right import and export program a long time. Finally, I found out that the free DAZ3D studio can import the models. I exported them as .obj file which I imported to my main 3D application Blender.

You will see in game what the Cube is all about. I will tell you one thing: the Dwemer are involved again ^^ ;)

Edit:

Reuploaded images on ImageShack. It seems that ImageBanana had deleted them.

Edited by selene310187

• 2 weeks later...

I built two Dwemer statues which are standing on a pedestal. I created the statues and the pedestal in Blender. There's a portal between the statues which many know from Shivering Isles. The statues's weapons came from Hel Borne's Morrowind Style Dwemer Weapons (you can find them here) and the textures of the statues and the pedestal from Sheogorad - Forsaken Isles. The portal will connect the oubliette and the assistants's quarters (both will be in one interior) with Itarkra's retreat.

And this is how it looks ingame:

cbaddwemerportal.th.jpg

The bed chamber of Itarkra, lord of Abyss Demons, has just been finished and ready for occupation. This esteemed gentleman is not at home this time why Samantha (my character) watches over it until he returns from his journey.

cbaditarkrasbedchamber1.th.jpg

cbaditarkrasbedchamber2.th.jpg

The chamber was furnished in Ayleidic style because its owner has a preference for Ayleidic things. But he's also open to other styles. On his earlier trips he even made a visit to the Planes of Oblivion and the Shivering Isles and brought back various souvenirs which adorn this room. We only need to wait for the return of this multicultural Dwemer.

I'm glad to hear (read^^) this :)

Some Ayleidic elements got new browny textures which made this room in my opinion more cozy. These textures are default Oblivion textures enlarged, sharpened and recolored by me. The bright Ayleid textures may look different on other computers unless the users have installed QTP 3 Redimized as well.

cbaditarkrasbedchamberr.th.jpg

Yesterday, I built two new areas: the exterior and interior of Itarkra's Palace. It's his place of calm, far away from his laboratory in this icy cave. The palace is located in its own dimension and can only be accessed via the teleportation pad in the bed chamber. In contrast to the laboratory the palace is not part of the reality and must be anchored in the reality with the use of magic. In his opinion Ayleidic magic doesn't suffice to anchor this dimension permanently. That's why he uses the Daedric magic of Sigil Stones instead.

exterior view of the palace

cbaditarkraspalaceexter.th.jpg

interior view of the palace

cbaditarkraspalaceinter.th.jpg

I used this resource for the creation of the two areas: AyleidNBB New Building Blocks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, too :)

The outfit belongs to a magician. But what's a magician without his staff? He might feel naked without his prestige object. That's why I created a staff to complement the outfit. The model was built in the 3D program Blender. Yesterday/in the early morning I finished texturing.

the model in Blender

nnmwfkrirm9a.jpg

and textured ingame

hrs1wedcwgd.jpg

b8xurslcrw3r.jpg

dyydd3rbqw2x.jpg

uyayilo1yokv.jpg

Thanks! I hope to get everything done before the release of Skyrim. But this could probably be after that. I think that doesn't really matter. Some modders set the release of Skyrim as deadline, I not. I rather take the time to make the mod as good as possible than publish an incomplete mod with probably a lot of bugs (except for Beta releases for testing purposes). Last year I said release could be this spring/summer. I doubt that I'm able to stick to that schedule. So all I can say is: it's done when it's done ;)

Edit:

And here's the two-handed blade version of the staff

47ww85p88562.jpg

You can swap between the two versions with a spell.

Edited by selene310187

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to make a pause from modding because I run out of steam atm :(. Furthermore, I want to play the mods which are located on my hard disk for a long time (like the last released parts of Adash or Heart of the Dead). But the thread and me will be available to you if you have any further questions/suggestions ;).

PS: Don't worry - the work will go on later. Until now I finished (nearly) all started projects. But in the case I will not finish the project, I will release the already finished things as resource.

PPS: you can find the new beta here

Edited by selene310187
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Some days ago I resumed the work on my project after I played Adash and Heart of the Dead. I think the pause was a good decision and now I'm more motivated.

I tweaked the ice cave a little, where the laboratory of Itarkra, the Dwemeric scientist, is located. The cave consisted of only one mesh not so long ago. I splitted it into several parts to improve performance. The cave is really big. Because of this I enabled the dungeon fog to fade out distant areas which has an positive effect on the performance as well. Then I added new ingredients to the Construction Set and placed some containers to the cave (but I haven't assign the ingredients to the containers yet).

But I focused my work on the improvement of the face textures. I replaced the mouth and the eyebrows on the texture and doubled its resolution (from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048). You can see the result on these two pictures:

7fzrwnt8aja.jpg 8uzwqr3jw1y.jpg

II used some photos as base for the lips and eyebrows. The photos were taken with my digital camera. I photographed myself, cut out the lip and eyebrow parts and edited them to my liking. So I added my own personal touch to the Abyss Demons ^^.

Edit:

And here are some pictures which sho you how the other two variants will look like with the improved face textures:

8kp5n8mvy27y.jpg

l89qaql9jewk.jpg

By the way, I replaced the head mesh of the variant in the upper picture with another head mesh. I think it matches the male Abyss Demon diplomats better.

Edited by selene310187

• 2 months later...

Although I'm playing Skyrim right now, I want to continue the project from time to time, even when I just do a little. Yesterday, for example, I added new eyes to the race (like the Heart Eyes from this resource). And I planned far-reaching changes:

- the figure with the name Xantir (see background story in the first post) will become female and the its name will change to Xantara

- an optional addon esp will make it possible to use the hairs from Comprehensive Cosmetic Compilation together with the Abyss Demons. If you choose this option, you will need to download the cosmetic package separately

• 2 weeks later...

New changes:

- flying sounds only start when you are flying and end when you land. Before, they started automatically after you did choose them in the menu regarless of whether you where flying or not and they only cound be disabled via menu. Note: you need to land now before you can choose another flying sound

- the folded wing state became static and got another wing shape. You can now use animation replacers that replace the idle.kf. Before, a modified idle.kf from some animation replacer mods could change the shape of the folded wings. The folded wings are rigged to default skeleton instead and can't be influenced by wing bone data from any winged animation anymore

- the folded wings got a new shape

- if you start flying, the static wings will be replaced with the animated ones and change back when you land

- it doesn't matter now what skeleton do you install (you could even use the default skeleton if you decide not to fly). But if you want to fly, the skeleton should have wing bones, like the one from Universal Skeleton, Coronerras's or Vipcxj's.

the new wing shape

jjHeOi77cFDV7_xs.jpg jmytQSeblIP14_xs.jpg