DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Abyss Demons

selene310187

• 1 month later...

The beta is released! :clap:

Abyss Demon - Beta

by Selene310187 aka darklady310187

th_AbyssDemonBeta1.jpg th_AbyssDemonBeta8.jpg th_AbyssDemonBetaKonfigurationsmen.jpg th_AbyssDemonBeta4.jpg th_AbyssDemonBeta2-Promo.jpg

You can find more images here

Version: 0.3 Beta

Requirements:

OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender)

Robert's Male Body V4 or V5 <- optional; beta comes with default body support

HGEC/Exnem <- optional; beta comes with default body support

Custom Race Fix or Unofficial Oblivion Patch (activate only one!)

This is the beta version of my flying Abyss Demon race which I uploaded for testing purposes. It's fully playable.

The beta comes with 20 hair and 14 eye options, a configuration menu, the option to hide the wings, the possibility to attack in flight (if you choose the Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode), support for the default body and a lot more. And yes, there's now a female version as well (Abyss Demon F (Illidan Style)) ;-).

Download

I highly recommend the installation of a default clothing and armor replacer for Robert's Male Body and HGEC/Exnem because the race is based on these body replacers.

For Robert Male:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20328

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21055

For HGEC/Exnem:

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24078

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11824

The configuration menu

Use the "Abyss Demon Config. Menu" spell to open the "Abyss Demon - Configuration Menu". The spell is added to you automatically after loading the game. In the configuration menu you are able to change the flight keys, the flight mode, toggle claws, and hide/unhide the wings.

The flight modes

There are two flight modes: SpecialAnim and Semi-SpecialAnim.

Both can be accessed in the "Abyss Demon - Configuration Menu" by clicking on the "Change flight mode" button.

SpecialAnim: this flight mode doesn't replace any animations and should be compatible with

all animation replacers. Choose this flight mode when you want to keep your custom

jump animations (Amazing Jump, Stylish Jump, etc.). Note that you can't attack in flight

as long as this flight mode is active. The SpecialAnim flight mode is the default

flight mode.

Semi-SpecialAnim: choose this flight mode when you want to attack in flight. I had to

replace the jump animations in order to make attacking in flight possible. Before you use

this flight mode, please copy the meshes from the "Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode animations"

to your Oblivion Data directory. These are the animations which are needed for this flight

mode. You need an acrobatics skill of 25 or more in order to attack in flight; spells can

be used earlier.

Important:

If you played the alpha version before and stick to default flight mode (SpecialAnim), you

must reset flying ability, otherwise you can't start flying.

Do the following:

- open the configuration menu

- click on "Change flight mode" and then on "Semi-SpecialAnim" and then on "Done"

- close the menu ("Exit" button)

- open the menu again

- click on "Change flight mode" and then on "SpecialAnim" and then on "Done"

- close the menu

- done

How to use the flying ability

use the following key commands:

start flying = ,

stop flying = .

forward = W

backward = S

left = A

right = D

flying faster = Page up

flying slower = Page down

Installation

Open the "Esps" folder, choose either English version or German version and open the selected folder. Copy the included AbyssDemon.esp to your Oblivion Data directory. Go back to the root folder of the archive and copy the meshes and textures and sound folders to your Oblivion Data directory and activate the esp via Oblivion Launcher -> Data Files.

If you want to choose Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode in game, open the "Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode animations" folder before and copy the included meshes folder to your Oblivion Data directory.

Changelog

v0.1 Alpha - initial release

v0.2 Alpha - fixed initialzing of the flying animation: If your character gets stuck in jumploop when you start the flight mode, a second script (a quest script) forces him to play the flying animation (after a delay of a few seconds).

- put the eye meshes in a separate folder, so there should be no problems with mods which replace the default eye meshes

v0.3 Beta - added female version

- made a new stand animation for the wings and an adjusted animation skeleton, so the wings look tighter

- added configuration menu

- made attacking in flight possible with Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode

- you can hide the wings now (see configuration menu)

- added claws which can be toggled in the configuration menu

- added glow effect to the eyes

- new horn texture

- added more eye and hair options

- reduced seams on the body textures

- made the body textures sharper and improved the detail of

their normalmaps

- you can change the flight keys in the configuration menu in order to prevent

conflicts with mods which use the same keys

- fixed the bone order of the flight and reset animations

- added German version of the mod

- added Nehrim version of the mod (separate download)

FAQ

Question: I can't fly! What's wrong?

Answer: Make sure that you have the latest Obse version installed, start Oblivion with the Obse launcher and that you use the latest official Oblivion patch. You can find Obse here: http://obse.silverlock.org/

Get the latest Oblivion patch here: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11364

If you have Shivering Isles installed, use the Shivering Isles Patch instead.

Q: How do I install Obse and start Oblivion with the Obse launcher?

A: Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll and the obse_loader.exe from the Obse archive to Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion (not the Data folder!) and start Oblivion with a double click on the obse_loader.exe.

Q: I did everything what you said but I still can't fly!

A: Did you use the alpha version before? If yes, you must reset the flying ability. Please read the section with the word "important" as heading. It's the last paragraph under the "The flight modes" part. If you use Semi-specialAnim flight mode, make sure that you copied the meshes from the "Semi-SpecialAnim flight mode animations" folder to your Oblivion Data directory. If it still doesn't work, then I'm unfortunately at my wit's end.

Q: You said that the mod is beta. It's safe to use in my game?

A: Yes. I neither change any default entries nor used things which could bloat you savegame extremely.

Q: Can you make Malfurion as race as well, please? That would be great :D

A: It's planned for the future. ;-)

Q: Do you make body textures for other body replacers as well, like Robert Female or UFF?

A: Maybe. I can't promise it. I simply don't use these replacers and like RGM once said "I would be in a rather odd situation where I would be working on a mod that I myself could not use for my own characters." Please, give me room to think.

Q: What are you other future plans for this mod?

A: A temple in the swamps which is the sanctuary for the Abyss Demons, a small quest, custom gear similar to Illidan's and Malfurion's. I never made completely custom clothes/armor before. Definitely, I will work through some 3D and 2D tutorials once more before to improve my skills.

Q: Can you tell me when you release version 1.0?

A: I don't know how long it does take. It depends on the time I have for modding, my mood and my motivation. So I never set an exact release date and say instead: when it's done ;D. There's still a lot to do. With the beta release the project is round about one third finished. The second third is the Malfurion styled Abyss Demon and the gear and the last third the rest (see question before). Version 0.3 Beta (this version) is the last public test (fixes will be still uploaded); the next test phases are private with a small test team. The reason for this decision is that I don't want to take the tension :).

New knowledge of the subject "I still can't fly":

- If you use Steam version of Oblivion, you must copy obse_steam_loader.dll to the Oblivion folder as well.

- If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and installed Oblivion under Program Files, I recommend installing Oblivion for example unter C:\Oblivion instead because the User Account Control is known to cause problems in conjunctuion with games and mods in the Program Files directory

- If you use other mods which come with flying animations as well (for example Chingari Demon Race mod or Dragorian race mod), you must load them after my mod (thanks to Bulwyf for this tip).

- If you have Direct2Drive version of Oblivion, Obse will not work and so the flight mode won't work because it depends on some Obse commands.

You find more about this subject in the FAQ in the Abyss Demon Beta readme.

Edited by selene310187

• 1 month later...

Today I uploaded another video. It deals with the alternative flying animation which I tweaked a litte further yesterday. The changes:

- the character is a tilt forward a little more in flight (7 degrees clockwise)

- the swing of the wings (more precisely the primaries), before the wings stand still for a moment, is a little deeper (see comparison image)

The video on Youtube:

Download the video in high quality @ Tesnexus: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34450

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on the Malfurion variant of the Abyss Demons. The male version is nearly finished, I still have to make the textures for the default body, and yes, there will be a female version as well (of course, without beard ;D). I took my previous Illidan style textures as base in order to build the Malfurion style textures. That means I removed everything which is "illidanish" (like the tattoos) and placed new details on the texture. These details are tattoos which fit well with druids like Malfurion in my opinion. A picture of Malfurion on Deviantart served as source of inspiration for the eye tattoos; the other tattoos are a product of my imagination. Consistent with the Malfurion style I made three variations of Malfurion's hair style: with beard and the long eyebrows (which are typical for WoW elves), with long eyebrows only, and normal without the two extras. Later you will be able to wear these variations as wigs as well.

pictures of the male version:

xeroth.th.jpg xeroth2.th.jpg

pictures of the hair style variations:

normal

abyssdemonhair2a.th.jpg

with long eyebrows only

abyssdemonhair2b.th.jpg

with long eyebrows and beard

abyssdemonhair2c.th.jpg

And if somebody asks: you can find the armor here :dizzy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me introduce you the Abyss Demon Halfbloods which I finished today. And here's one of them, his name is Sirius:

siriusadhalfblood.th.jpg

There's a new hairstyle as well and of course the other Abyss Demon variants have this hairstyle, too.

adsturmfrisur3.th.jpg

About the halfbloods: They are hybrid between human and Abyss Demon. Their strengths are their readiness of speech and their (mostly) friendly aura. That's why they are considered to be the diplomats among the Abyss Demons.