DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #30

like chinese films? :lmao:

You need to watch better chinese movies me thinks.

I watch more asian cinima then any other type now.

I do recall having a dream that involved Hieronymus Lex trying to send me to prison because I touched his armor.

I woke up very confused. :doh:

Apparently he had a no-touch rule no one was aware of!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hieronymus Lex obviously has no taste then! :rofl:

So... about mid this week I go on strike however I dont get to strike because im an essential service... YAY! (yay because both myself and my supervisor, and atleast one other guard was going to cross the picket line anyway)

What're you striking about?

Pay, the problem is only 10% of the work force is union, the remaining 90% is all non-union. The company does not like unions and for good reason IMHO, the union gains the guards in it NOTHING that the company does not willingly provide anyway. Infact the non-union guards get more so its actually better to be non-union. The union is trying to get the same level of pay but that wont happen, I suspect the company is going to try and bust th union, which is more then possible. I wouldn't cry over it, infact I would LOVE to make about a $1.50 more an hour!

i think we all would Si. :)

Alright, i know its all been a while since we all posted our desktops, and now i have a cool one, so im gona put mine up just for kicks and giggles. :D

desktop.jpg

Edited by Glaedr

:) what theme is THAT!

Okay I have a new dream as well this one is crazy. So I dream me and my class in school are in mexico city and then a wolfman breaks out on the lose :D so we were all running for our lives until some giant boar thingy ran it over and we all cheered and started petting it...... that's when I woke up quite a weird dream

:D what theme is THAT!

its a custom theme that a fan of the game Homeworld made. i love it myself. better than anything ive seen from microsoft. :)

Actually Gladre, every other non-union guard in the company I work for, gets paid about that much more. As I said, they are trying to break the union.

i dont even remember what the point of unions is in the first place. :D

i dont even remember what the point of unions is in the first place. :D

It's to make sure the workers are protected and treated fairly since employers have a history of exploiting the workforce. At least, that what they were for when they were created, or so I'm told. This is for the U.S., maybe Canada has a different stance on union labor.

With out getting in to it too deep,a lot of unions are now self serving. :D

That they are! The only reason ours wants a raise for us is because they get more. For the most part, unions were very useful, but their actions led to laws coming into play that started to make their purpose moot. Unfortunatly they are, in general, just an extra pain and deduction from your pay cheque now adays then a benifit. I believe I pay out $50 or so every 2 weeks, yet if I was on strike, Id only get about $85 a week back AND have to pay that back on top of my normal union dues.

There is no absolute guarantee you will not be fired,just hard to do. And benefits are good in most unions but in some they cost so much the company ends ups closing down because they can not make the payments,UAW as an example. The union at were at one time a great boon for the common worker but there tenets have changed in the last 20 years or so.

With us, the union doesnt provide any real benifit to being part of it, we have to use their Doctors, where as the company provides none-union guards a the coverage with their CHOICE. Over all, the union for me, is just hurting me in the long run but some are from companies that treated them poorly and have never really had the pleasure of working for the company as a non-union.