DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Practice Arrows

JulianSull

I'm trying to design an arrow for my archery challenge which does no damage, weighs nothing and moves at normal speed. Whenever you fire one off, another is magically placed in your inventory. I tried just putting that script in an enchantment, but I guess it has to hit for it to activate. Is there a way I can make this arrow work without it having to hit a target?

EDIT: I just tested it, the script effect doesn't even work when I hit a person.

Edited by JulianSull

I'm trying to design an arrow for my archery challenge which does no damage, weighs nothing and moves at normal speed. Whenever you fire one off, another is magically placed in your inventory. I tried just putting that script in an enchantment, but I guess it has to hit for it to activate. Is there a way I can make this arrow work without it having to hit a target?

EDIT: I just tested it, the script effect doesn't even work when I hit a person.

Try making a training bow to go with the training arrows and add this script to it:

Scriptname TrainingBowArrowAddScript

Short CurrentCount

Short BaseCount

Short AddCount

short myStat

Begin OnEquip

set myStat to 1

End

Begin OnUnEquip

set myStat to 0

End

Begin GameMode

if myStat == 1

Set CurrentCount to Player.GetItemCount TrainingArrowID

Set BaseCount to 10

If CurrentCount < BaseCount

Set AddCount to BaseCount - CurrentCount

Message "  "

Message "  "

Player.Additem TrainingArrowID AddCount

endif

endif

End

That will ensure that you never run out of training arrows while the training bow is equipped.

NOTE1: The above script should be an Object Script attached directly to the bow, not a Magic Effect script attached to an enchantment and then placed on the bow.

NOTE2: Always use the EditorID of an object in a script, not the FormID. The first two digits of a FormID depend on the load order of the mod, and that changes every time you add a mod. It can also change when you save changes to an existing mod. The mod with the most recent saved changes will load last, unless manually moved up in the load order. Using a FormID in a script can cause it not to function.