DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Lurker's Lair #32

InsanitySorrow

What ho? thou did not likest the voice actors?

:blink: It was a bit out of place, I know what they were aiming for, the problem is I think it felt a bit dated and thats not usually a good thing in gaming.

One of the lamest excuses as to why the game sucked was an EB games employee here complaining about how bad the blood looked. He will ALWAYS come back to that, seriously, if it bugged him that much, I am sure he could turn it off.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't the voice actors the devs themselves? I'm sure I recall a comment along the lines of "how hard can it be?"[/clarkson], in which case they will be back, just nowhere near the microphones, hopefully!

And complaining about the unrealistic blood? Dear me. I have seen similarly trivial complaints about why such-and-such a game "sucks", which is just bizarre; especially in games where genuine faults are there for all to see.

(EB Games? I've obviously spent too much time leering at musical instruments since the first thing that comes to mind is Ernie Ball... :blink:)

Wait....what?....the devs were the voice actors? :rofl:

Apparently so: I just Googled it and found this article which suggests both the script ("forsooth!") and the voice acting were done by Reality Pump staff. They say they're going to get professionals to do both for II, thankfully!

Edit: seriously, don't get someone to write a script who works for a company called "Reality Pump". Who on earth thought that was a cool-sounding name?

Supplemental edit: and don't get me to write something that requires decent grammar and not missing out random words. I dunno how many times I've edited this rather short post now. :blush:

I hear that TW2 has been pushed back to Jan 2011 as well to ensure it is up to standard, which I am fine with, I will have MANY games to play though this fall and winter, so I am not concerned, I am just glade it is coming out.

As for the Dev's doing the VO, its not always a failure, if you played Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehire, the Dev's did some of the voices in that and they did a really good job.

Yes he complained about the blood... he decided he did not like the game and keeps thinking the blood complaint is valid.

EB Games used to be called "Electronics Boutique", which slowly morphed into E.B. Games with the fancy full name in the background and now is just known as EB Games or Gamestop depending on your location. (2 companies merged).

As for TW2 it has been pushed to the next year only for US. In Europe its release is scheduled on 21st of October this year. Just too many "big" games are planned for release during forthcoming months, so they do not want to "compete" with other products during these crowded times...

As for TW2 it has been pushed to the next year only for US. In Europe its release is scheduled on 21st of October this year. Just too many "big" games are planned for release during forthcoming months, so they do not want to "compete" with other products during these crowded times...

There's still uncertainty over the UK release date (or if it'll be released at all), although if it does appear, we'll probably just get a repackaged U.S. version as usual. Which I admit is a pet hate of mine!

I don't have a problem with that, I do find games coming from Japan ect annoying because they cut a load of stuff out as its "Not suitable for the west" :D

An example is the recently released Yakuza game (Don't play them, just an example), A ton of side missions plus some main story missions were cut before we got it, which IIRC a few gaming sites said it was about a quarter of the game.

I don't have a problem with that, I do find games coming from Japan ect annoying because they cut a load of stuff out as its "Not suitable for the west" :D

An example is the recently released Yakuza game (Don't play them, just an example), A ton of side missions plus some main story missions were cut before we got it, which IIRC a few gaming sites said it was about a quarter of the game.

The spelling thing is a perpetual irritation of mine, although that might be partly due to having to put up with years of the not dissimilar "accent snobbery" on a daily basis, which certainly wasn't the most entertaining thing going on in my life and I think wore my patience away rather. But aside from that little tangent, my concentration is a bit... y'know... not really there, so I often find "odd" spellings quite jarring; I think it's also indicative of the attention to detail and QA you might expect to find in a product, too.

I'm a bit perplexed at the self-censoring of some games, however, which sounds like a bit of a marketing own-goal: surely that's best left to the bodies that are set up to do that sort of thing... Though I guess it's much the same as that perennial gripe amongst film buffs of seemingly random censoring and inexplicable edits by the production company, which is further compounded by the typically not-exactly-sensitive trimming made when it's shown on TV in order to pack more adverts in. Probably as well I don't watch much telly otherwise it'd be something else to drive me nuts. ;)

Many companies self-censor stuff now because once it hits a place like the US they butcher it and ruin it with over the top censoring. The fear that it is inappropriate for "this age group" leads to over the top blockage for everyone. I think some things do need to be controled but all the groups that complain things need to be changed or censored need to be rounded up and shot, if your too damned lazy to raise your own kids or decide for yourself what you should watch, you should either not have kids or not be permitted to exist, since you arnt thinking for yourself anyway.

I watch a TON of anime, I try to avoid watching most of it on TV because its been ruined, better to watch it with subs from Japan then dubs from US/Canada.

Back to TW2, delaying it to avoid any of the problems they had before is ok, letting some of the larger titles that could easily mask them launch only makes sense.

Who, that does explain so much about you, although it makes me ask, are you really a red head? I bet you dye your hair because its actually Hot Pink! :)

We have had tornados to jumps and skips through the area but really, no one sees them coming, they hid when you can barely see anything at all, dont do a whole lot of dmg, take down trees in a few areas... most of the time we dont know its a tornado until its over and Environment Canada tells us it is :)

I am not-quite-right-in-the-head. I used to sit outside in my garage, and watch them go by...... It was an AWESOME show.... (a mile or more away.... any closer, and I was elsewhere....) I always loved a good violent storm. Excellent light shows, and it was neat to watch the rain wash out the roads.....