DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Force time of day

JulianSull

Nope, its controlled by the game engine in write protected fields.

You might want to make it so the player cannot perform the quest until its nighttime instead.

Wouldn't this cause some problems if the player accepts the quest during night, but doesn't start it 'till day?

• Upvote 1

I do not know the circumstances of the quest or how its played out. It could be that the lights are indoors and the doors cannot be opened until nighttime. Or, the reason for dodging the lights when outside is that its not possible to do until nighttime. Perhaps alert guards during the daytime, less alert at night.

That is what I meant by 'starting the quest' when the time is right. You may get the quest at any time, but circumstances can be made so you can only perform it at night.

• Upvote 1

Just to clear things up, the quest goes like this: The player gets the quest whenever, then has to sneak into a castle. The outside wall has a powerful light stone that has a very strong white light that lasts for five seconds, bursts out, recharges in three seconds and then does it again. If the player is in the range of the light then they are exposed and it's pretty much game over. If it is daytime...the guards can see them the whole time regardless of what position the light is in.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it's what you're asking for but you can set a game time using the vanilla code:

Set GameHour to GAMEHOUR

Of course replace GAMEHOUR with whatever time you want it to be. I have used this successfully, but only while the player is in an interior. I have no idea what would happen if the gamehour changed while the player was in an exterior. You'd have to test it and you can't hold me responsible if your game has a nervous breakdonw or something. Play at you own risk. :pints:

• Upvote 1